Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171415 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #780 on: May 14, 2023, 09:28:08 AM »
Not enough love for this guy...has been huge this year and has developed into a serious mid. His all round game is elite and is at the top of his game right now. What a player he is :shh

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: May 14, 2023, 05:17:13 PM »
a lot of love from me. Very important and has been a great player for a very long time.

Rapt for him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #782 on: May 14, 2023, 05:56:50 PM »
We are better team when he is out there

Simple as that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #783 on: May 14, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »
Especially with the stand rule I feel like it’s super important to have a Jayden short type. He won me over that time he had a dislocated elbow? From memory and was still trying to keep the ball in tigers possession. You can’t teach that

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: May 14, 2023, 07:25:24 PM »
Yep.

Has grown a leg this year.

Love what he brings.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #785 on: May 14, 2023, 08:43:57 PM »
Especially with the stand rule I feel like it’s super important to have a Jayden short type. He won me over that time he had a dislocated elbow? From memory and was still trying to keep the ball in tigers possession. You can’t teach that

Yes, 2017 against the Giants. Courage personified! Yet people still question his courage

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #786 on: May 14, 2023, 09:04:28 PM »
Think it was 2019 WP.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #787 on: May 14, 2023, 10:16:32 PM »
Think it was 2019 WP.

You're probably right.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #788 on: May 14, 2023, 10:28:39 PM »
To me it’s quite clear teammates look for him to deliver the ball by hand or foot as he delivers the ball well and reads the play very well.As much as I hate American football terms being used in our game I see shorty as our quarterback

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: May 14, 2023, 10:52:32 PM »
For a guy his size, the absolute roost he can get on the footy off just a single step is damn impressive and Defs comes in handy.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2023, 05:34:36 PM »
lol people really are blinkered.
That was a typical Short game and given the free role he gets every week its about what  you would want out of him. In fact id go a step further and say that was one of his better games this year but its still awfully deficient in too many areas for me..

Oh by the way he had 700 odd metres gained thats to be expected given his ball use and role. Think about it the ball is dished out to him on a regular basis he is not accountable to anyone usually no one is close to him he recieves and runs his measure and bangs the ball 50 metres down the line and its usually to a contest but that is never factored in.
I say again Of his 26 disposals 22 were kicks mostly long up the line of which at lest half went to a contest.!!!!!.He only had 4 contested possesions his team mates are getting it to him on a platter.

Only my opinion but his outside game is decent and keeps getting him  a game and has supporters well blinkered is a nice way to say what i think. 
 His inside game and defense is pretty damn poor imo. His game is heavily reliant on his team mates getting the ball to him which they do a lot.

Most times teams just leave him be and i can see why his hurt factor by foot is just about the most over rated of any player in the comp again just my opinion.

Needless to say he is not my favorite type of player.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #791 on: May 15, 2023, 05:52:13 PM »
How strange a ruckman is usually better at rucking, a forward better kicking goals, a Backman better at marking his man, an inside player better getting the ball and a outside man better at running outside and gaining metres. An AFL team requires many types and we are lucky to have some players gifted at their roles. Short is one of those. We need him and would be a worse team without him in it.  Blinked as that maybe.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #792 on: May 15, 2023, 08:24:52 PM »
I’m sitting here at home and have this image of Ivan Soldo running off half back all game delivering billy Barrot style passes down the throat of a leading Jack or Tom lynch.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #793 on: May 15, 2023, 09:24:47 PM »
I’m sitting here at home and have this image of Ivan Soldo running off half back all game delivering billy Barrot style passes down the throat of a leading Jack or Tom lynch.

Shivers
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #794 on: May 15, 2023, 10:13:52 PM »

Yes, 2017 against the Giants. Courage personified! Yet people still question his courage
People question his courage when he pulls out. Same way they did with Brave Brando and Jordy Mac

But I do think we are a lot better with him in the side at the moment
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"