Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171427 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #825 on: June 21, 2023, 09:20:10 AM »
Onya Jayden "Gimee" Short

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #826 on: June 21, 2023, 07:07:58 PM »
It also makes the opposition accountable by Manning Up on Short and that player not flooding our backline

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #827 on: June 22, 2023, 02:49:55 AM »
Would love to see him absolutely flush a torpedo and see how far it goes

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #828 on: June 24, 2023, 10:38:01 PM »
I tell ya what Jayden needs to be a bit careful teams might actually put a bit of work into him at this rate whats he gunna do without all the cheapies hes allowed.

But based on what you constantly remind us and that he is a bit of a dud why would any opposition "put any work in to him"?

Wouldn't be worth the effort would it? Seeing in your opinion he is consistently "really ordinary"

Oh dear oh dear. Poor william a favorite copping a bit of criticism and the only answer is to be disingenuous.
Teams do ignore him why is that mate. Oh by the way where have i called him a dud. Called him lots of things a lot of them derogatorybut please william stop being so precious.

Cmon look past the goals he got and yes they were cheapies as far as the way he got the ball goes.  how would you rate the rest of those  two games.

Me i would just like to see one game where he doesnt crap himself once, yet alone the numerous times it happens most weeks.
What did you think of his game early on when certain efforts cost us a 23 point lead.

How about looking at it this way. how much credit do you give to blokes who get a few  joe the goose goals in a game. Thats Shorts goals except he is further out.
Yes he executed them well because of the distance, but they were every bit as soft as getting a joe the goose over the top in the goal square.

And your right teams will now put a bit of work into him when he  tries to drift fwd. Yes he is mostly very ordinary, ordinary dud is your words by the way  but he has shown if left alone  forward of centre he can hurt. Not just this year or more to the point the last two games but a few seasons ago where teams soon put a stop to it.

what we are taliking about is  he only gets those goals because teams just dont put any work into him because he has rarely   hurt teams i mean to say 33 goals in 148 games says im right on this.
As stated earlier two games doesnt make a season and a few goals does not hide the awful efforts that you continually ignore and refuse to comment on.
  hey you just focus on the last two games. Thats fine by me i will just focus on the games he totally stuffs up and let you know about it which is regularly.
Nothing will change teams will mostly ignore him which happens now,  but he will likely get picked up when he sneaks fwd looking for a soft cheap goal. That is the only time any team has  put some work into him and will do again.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2023, 09:58:17 AM »
Load of bunkum claw. Goals from outside 50 are not lengthy joe-the-gooses, they are absolute rare gold. Every coach in the AFL would kill for someone who can kick goals from 55.

You may as well just say "I don't like outside players" and leave it at that.

Broadsword

« Reply #830 on: June 25, 2023, 10:00:39 AM »
Lol one of them was from just outside the centre square. That's what, a 65m kick? Probably less than 1% of players can kick a goal from there on a good day. Nothin joe-the-goose about being in the top 1%.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #831 on: June 25, 2023, 01:10:58 PM »
We all praise Jayden for his kicking and rightly so but I also think when he has the ball he sets play up he’s  very creative . Along with Baker I have him as a future captain of the club

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #832 on: June 25, 2023, 03:46:11 PM »
We all praise Jayden for his kicking and rightly so but I also think when he has the ball he sets play up he’s  very creative . Along with Baker I have him as a future captain of the club
Nope.. he's a great player but not a Captain.. Captain needs king size 🍒.. Baker or Taranto should be our next captain

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #833 on: June 25, 2023, 03:49:00 PM »
And our captain's must not be captain's next year.  Grimes and Nank just are not true captain's . Dimma messed up there. Punished Cotchin because cotchin wasn't happy with Dimmas wandering bazooka

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #834 on: June 25, 2023, 08:16:37 PM »
And our captain's must not be captain's next year.  Grimes and Nank just are not true captain's . Dimma messed up there. Punished Cotchin because cotchin wasn't happy with Dimmas wandering bazooka

So you are suggesting1/ that Dimma appointed the Captain(s) all on his own and 2/ Cotchin didn't relinquish the Captaincy? So by extension lied?

Seriously?

Oki doki then  :huh3

So far off the mark it's not funny
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #835 on: June 25, 2023, 08:26:37 PM »

So you are suggesting1/ that Dimma appointed the Captain(s) all on his own and 2/ Cotchin didn't relinquish the Captaincy? So by extension lied?

Seriously?

Oki doki then  :huh3

So far off the mark it's not funny
If you say so. But remember nothing is as it seems and nothing seems as it is.. Cotchin is a man of morals. Dimma proved he wasn't. See how smooth the transition has been, I wonder why?

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #836 on: June 25, 2023, 08:30:56 PM »
You obviously believe all they tell the media is the truth. Lmao. Can assure you cotchin wanted dimma sacked as soon as his manhood wandered . Total respect gone at that point. Fact! Players are so much happier now it stands out like dogs balls on a budgie. Believing media is like believing the government LMAO

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #837 on: June 25, 2023, 08:37:34 PM »
Grimes was also meant to be sole captain, but after performing a childish prank during preseason camp they decided to bring nank in and have co captain's.. and to be frank, neither of them are captain material

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #838 on: June 25, 2023, 08:49:41 PM »
You obviously believe all they tell the media is the truth. Lmao. Can assure you cotchin wanted dimma sacked as soon as his manhood wandered . Total respect gone at that point. Fact! Players are so much happier now it stands out like dogs balls on a budgie. Believing media is like believing the government LMAO

Who said anything about believing the media?

Arrrrr the good old "Fact!" Take them with a grain of salt

And here's a tip for you. In 2 days your gutter talk has been over the top. Tone it down ASAP. We have a 3 strike policy and everyone is subject to it.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #839 on: June 25, 2023, 08:54:08 PM »

Who said anything about believing the media?

Arrrrr the good old "Fact!" Take them with a grain of salt

And here's a tip for you. In 2 days your gutter talk has been over the top. Tone it down ASAP. We have a 3 strike policy and everyone is subject to it.
What gutter talk? And when I am told things directly from players that frequented my restaurant frequently, I believe them   seriously. . Forest from the trees