Author Topic: Well known and famous Tiger supporters  (Read 134319 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Well known and famous Tiger supporters
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 09:32:44 PM »
An Aussie value is any pollie getting up in from of a footy crowd cops the boooos lol.
I never boo.
Well, that's past tense now. He's the Federal Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations so I made my debut.  :D
:lol

One of only 4 blokes booed all night lol.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »
Ben Crowe - founding partner of Gemba (the company Hird works for). Sports marketing manager. In the past was director of sports marketing for Nike and the Hong Kong jockey club. On SEN now and mentioned he is a Tiger supporter.

richmondrules

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »
Here's tiga's clip of the episode where Kath sings "We're from Tigerland" he made a few years ago :thumbsup:
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/movies/kathandkimtigerland.wmv

lol rofl lmao!!!!!  Thanks for that MT. Made my afternoon.

:invasion

An understandable reaction.  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »
Here's a list from Wikipedia:

Mick Molloy (comedian)
Cardinal George Pell (Archbishop of Sydney)
Simon Katich (Australian cricketer)
George Kapiniaris (Australian Comedian)
Livinia Nixon (Australian TV personality)
David Graham (Big Brother Contestant)
Carson Kressley (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy)
Denise Drysdale (Australian TV Personality)
Gretel Killeen
Paul Reiffel (former Australian Test Cricket fast bowler)
Jane Turner (Australian comedienne - Kath in "Kath & Kim")
Russell Morris (Australian rock legend)
Caroline Wilson (journalist Age newspaper, Fox Footy TV)
Steve Price (Radio personality 2UE, formerly 3AW)
Stephanie Hoyland (fictional Neighbours character)
Russell Crowe (Oscar winning actor)

http://footy.wikia.com/wiki/AFL_celebrity_supporters#Richmond_Football_Club

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 08:28:12 AM »
Desperate times when you start bulking up lists with Big Brother contestants.  ???
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »
Tony Scibeci and one of the late night announcers from SEN are Tiger supporters.

Dare I say Herald-Sun columnist Andrew Bolt is one too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »
Travis, runner up on BB this year.
Deryck Guille 774 presenter.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 11:16:01 PM »
Who really cares.

I have seen Mick Molloy a few times albeit in the MCC, so I would rate him at least.

Ran into Russel Gilbert at Rich v Dogs (He is a doggy by the way).
He scummed a smoke of me - funny dude ... Sorta like his persona in reallife.

Big Brother GTF outta here plaeeeeez  :santa

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
Basketballer Aaron Bruce who could be drafted into the NBA shortly is a Tigers fan as he's the nephew of Des and Stephen Ryan.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23896821-10914,00.html

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 08:59:32 PM »
'Mopsy Junior'

Captain Martin Watts,
Ships Master, Spirit of Tasmania.

look for the Officer wearing the Richmond Membership lanyard  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »
Who really cares.

I have seen Mick Molloy a few times albeit in the MCC, so I would rate him at least.

Ran into Russel Gilbert at Rich v Dogs (He is a doggy by the way).
He scummed a smoke of me - funny dude ... Sorta like his persona in reallife.

Big Brother GTF outta here plaeeeeez  :santa

Hahahaha I was in the medallion club that day against the Dogs and he bummed a light of me that day when I was out on the verandah out the back in the Medallion Club at half time. Must have been after he bummed the smoke of you CUB.
Ran into him also on the way to the car going down the stairs. Was trying to crack a few gags but I was devastated on only drawing the game and was in no mood to respond or laugh. Still his leather jacket was almost 2 sizes too big for him. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 04:04:39 AM »
from the Age
Geoff McClure
June 23, 2008

WAYNE Harmes is hardly your regular former league star given he now admits during his 169-game Carlton career he remained a Richmond supporter, that despite winning three premierships with the Blues "I was an employee of the Carlton Football Club and that's all".

Well, Harmes, has dropped another bombshell, revealing this time that because of the way the game is played these days — "no contests meaning very little excitement" — he hardly goes to AFL matches ...

Despite Harmes' dislike of what is happening to footy at the elite level he will keep a watchful eye on the MCG next Saturday when Carlton takes on Richmond.

Will he be barracking for the Tigers? "Of course," said Harmes. "Richmond is my team. In fact as a kid I despised the Blues. Funny how things turned out isn't it."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/chief-stipe-is-burger-king-too/2008/06/22/1214073054491.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

richmondrules

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 08:00:10 AM »
 :o

I didn't know that. Suddenly I really like Wayne Harmes. Once Y&B always Y&B.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 04:45:19 AM »
4. Like a Tiger - Robbie Williams

AND speaking of wildlife. Richmond fans may be thrilled to know that English boy-band-singer-made-good Robbie Williams appears such a fan of the Tigers he keeps one down his pants — just in case he's required to strip. Collingwood fans may be less enamoured to know that the reverse of Robbie's jocks were rumoured to feature a Magpie. Actually, the soccer-loving Williams sold his favourite underpants at a Charity Relief auction in 2001 and he's since shown a propensity to put his smalls on the line in all manner of sporting fields.

Say what you like about Robbie's singing, he is prepared to mix his interest in sport with good deeds in charity. Last September he organised SoccerAid at Wembley Stadium, attracting 45,000 to watch celebs in an England versus the Rest of the World battle. The locals won 4-3 with the proceeds going to the United Nations children's charity Unicef.

Williams also stumped up in 2006 to buy a majority stake in his League Two home soccer club Port Vale in Burslem, Stoke on Trent. And to bring that little touch of England to his new home in the US, Williams also established the Los Angeles "Vale" football club, a Super Metro League team in California. Perhaps, the AFL should be thinking smarter and getting Robbie involved in Western Sydney — or "boganville" as the out-in-the-cold Tasmanians have grumbled. Could we soon be seeing a pair of moccasins on Robbie's black underpants?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/underpants-moments/2008/12/13/1228585185222.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mick Molloy a real Tiger for Richmond punishment (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 03:53:07 AM »
Mick Molloy a real Tiger for Richmond punishment
Colin Vickery | June 02, 2009

FORGET waterboarding and sleep deprivation. Comedian Mick Molloy reckons the ultimate torture is barracking for Richmond. Molloy is one of Richmond's highest-profile supporters.

He has followed the Tigers for 27 of his 42 years and says it has been a non-stop rollercoaster.

So far this year, the Tigers have endured the Ben Cousins saga, injury to spearhead Matthew Richardson and the on-again/off-again Terry Wallace soap opera, which has just ended with him stepping down.

The Tigers scored a much-needed win at the weekend but they're second bottom on the ladder with no chance of making the finals. Another season is down the drain.

"I was watching this documentary on Abu Ghraib the other day and they were trying to work out what constitutes torture and what is cruel and unusual punishment," Molloy says. "I was sitting there with my hand up going: 'I can tell you - it's supporting the Richmond Football Club'.

"I love them to death and I'll never stop supporting them, but they just find new ways to get to you. Once again our season is over."

Molloy, a panellist on Channel 10's football program Before the Game, says 2009 has been especially disappointing for Tigers fans because there were such high expectations this year.

"Some 90,000 people turned out for the Round 1 match against Carlton - a new dawn at Richmond, this is it - and four weeks later, I'm at Richmond v Melbourne and there's about 12,000 people there," he says.

The club's best finish under Wallace was ninth in 2006 and 2008. "We've got a mortgage on ninth," Molloy says.

"God love Richo (Matthew Richardson). If he hadn't been there for the last 12 or 13 years, it would have been very tough going to the footy as a Richmond fan."

Richmond's last premiership was in 1980. Does Molloy think he will see the Tigers win one any time soon?

"I'm a 42-year-old man and there's nothing much coming down the pipe. I don't know what to do about them."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25572434-19742,00.html