Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 65122 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2022, 05:26:54 PM »
From what I saw today he is way off maybe it was just a bad day from him but he was very poor.

You’ll say others were poorer but I wasn’t watching anyone else to be honest although Sonsie and Mansell did look lively and interested all game and probably Cumberland too but not many else.

Anyway I was just watching RCD to be honest and wanted to see if he is as good as everyone is saying but I still can’t see it.

I truely hope he proves me completely wrong and I look stupid again as I have many times before because we really need him to step up.

I see not much with Cumberland. He could prove me wrong but in my books it's see ya later at the end of the year.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2022, 06:01:27 PM »
From what I saw today he is way off maybe it was just a bad day from him but he was very poor.

You’ll say others were poorer but I wasn’t watching anyone else to be honest although Sonsie and Mansell did look lively and interested all game and probably Cumberland too but not many else.

Anyway I was just watching RCD to be honest and wanted to see if he is as good as everyone is saying but I still can’t see it.

I truely hope he proves me completely wrong and I look stupid again as I have many times before because we really need him to step up.

I see not much with Cumberland. He could prove me wrong but in my books it's see ya later at the end of the year.
I'd give him 3 games in the ones starting next week. What exactly are Aarts, Castagna and Baker doing to prevent us from giving some kids a go.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2022, 06:21:19 PM »
True. He is worse than Ross so let’s not even bother with him.

Ross is a gun and anyone in the vfl is not in his league.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2022, 06:22:51 PM »
At least he doesn’t give up and tackles which in better than the majority

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »
RCD has always come into seniors and placed twice as good as in VFL. May be an attitude thing. Buy the kid has more talent than most in our midfield we need to invest heavily in RCD
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2022, 08:53:20 PM »
RCD has always come into seniors and placed twice as good as in VFL. May be an attitude thing. Buy the kid has more talent than most in our midfield we need to invest heavily in RCD

Agree

As I posted in the changes for next week thread

Would actually bring in RCD as well. His development is about him taking over the Cotchin role. That's what they want from him but Dimma said they can't play in the same side. Seriously,  what the? Best way for the kid to learn that role is to play with Cotchin.

Cotchin had another below par game... time to give the replacement games.

He needs to play seniors.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2022, 08:56:52 PM »
No one can tell me he shouldn't be getting a game instead of Arts ,Ross and George they have had there chances.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2022, 09:01:01 PM »

Agree

As I posted in the changes for next week thread

Would actually bring in RCD as well. His development is about him taking over the Cotchin role. That's what they want from him but Dimma said they can't play in the same side. Seriously,  what the? Best way for the kid to learn that role is to play with Cotchin.

Cotchin had another below par game... time to give the replacement games.

He needs to play seniors.

Totally agree play alongside Cotchin and learn from him. Very very odd by Dimma and Footy department. Isn't that the theory of keeping a Cotchin on to help kids develop in same side.
Go Tigers!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2022, 05:12:07 AM »
No one can tell me he shouldn't be getting a game instead of Arts ,Ross and George they have had there chances.
Hugely agree, he must have run over Peggy’s Chihuahua??

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2022, 12:37:24 PM »
First of all they don’t play in the same position as RCD so it’s not the best comparison of players.

Maybe it’s because he can’t do what they are asking him to do at the required level even playing in the  VFL where it’s normally pretty easy to dominate if your any good.
Dow and even Sonsie have already showing they are ahead of him at VFL level and have deserved the call ahead of him.

Time and again we’ve seen in the past players that dominate at vfl but can’t transition to AFL at all and they are a bust. Unfortunately he doesn’t dominate at vfl either so that’s a concern considering his size but the coaches continue to overlook him for selection.

Some players just don’t have it even at VFL level and you’d expect they’d not be able to transition to AFL either considering the jump.

Hopefully he can turn it around because we need better mids especially big bodied ones.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2022, 04:05:59 PM »
not making excuses here but id say it will be very hard for any of our kids to shine in the vfl given the lack of structure and the overall age lack of experienced players around them.

Just a comment like a lot im concerned but when you look at his 9 games and are even handed then its been pretty decent imo.

First and formost look at his game percentage in 5 of the 9 games he has played just 58% to 64% game time. The most is 80% the rest are very low 70%.

The game he played 80% game time he managed 18 disposals 9 of them contested. Laid 7 tackles and won 4 clearances. Kicked 2 goals and had 4 i50 with 1 g/a.

His averages for the 9 games remembering he getting limited time is 14.7  DISPOSALS, 6.3 CONTESTED AND 3.5 TACKLES.
iN THESE GAME HE HAS AT TIMES SHOWN REAL PROMISE.

Sorry caps are now off his last game with just 64% game time amounted to
19 disposals
9 contested possesions
1 tackle
5 clearances
3 inside 50

No way in the world am i writing him off just yet and i feel he should be played in the seniors for now.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2022, 04:39:35 PM »
Sometimes there are players that don’t have a massive impact at VFL level but at the higher level do well.

I got a feeling RCD is one of them, we have nothing to lose giving him a 4-6 week crack at it

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2022, 04:51:08 PM »
Sometimes there are players that don’t have a massive impact at VFL level but at the higher level do well.

I got a feeling RCD is one of them, we have nothing to lose giving him a 4-6 week crack at it

This
I’ve always felt like he belonged when playing at AFL level

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2022, 05:34:11 PM »

Agree
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2022, 05:47:31 PM »
Some very good points.

Think the knock was on his tank?

I thought he looked the goods at AFL level, and steel in front of goal.

If he doesn't have a big tank then I don't see why he can't rotate forward for a rest at his height!!!