Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 65119 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2022, 10:48:59 PM »
When a midfield player struggles to win possessions consistently in the VFL it’s gonna be very tough in the AFL level. One reasonable game in the VFL in 5 isn’t good enough for a midfielder especially one who has been in the system for 3 years. 

IMO, he hadn’t earned an AFL game. I personally would’ve liked to see him string a few good games in the VFL before giving him a game but what do I know

But let’s just play the kids and gift them games and teach them nothing like we used to do for 37 years.  :rollin

What’s the alternative ? Play edwards ? We’ve got to look forward. Give them a trial and if it’s no good then we know.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2022, 10:59:07 PM »
There were several significantly more experienced players who performed worse than RCD tonight. But sure let’s drop the kid after a single game (against the best team in the competition mind you).

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2022, 11:39:21 PM »
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH GIVE UP

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2022, 11:40:49 PM »
It's his 4th year....

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2022, 11:51:57 PM »
When a midfield player struggles to win possessions consistently in the VFL it’s gonna be very tough in the AFL level. One reasonable game in the VFL in 5 isn’t good enough for a midfielder especially one who has been in the system for 3 years. 

IMO, he hadn’t earned an AFL game. I personally would’ve liked to see him string a few good games in the VFL before giving him a game but what do I know

But let’s just play the kids and gift them games and teach them nothing like we used to do for 37 years.  :rollin

What’s the alternative ? Play edwards ? We’ve got to look forward. Give them a trial and if it’s no good then we know.
Don’t play players in the senior team that don’t deserve the jumper.

Our older players may be getting on but they’ve paid their dues and bled for the club and given us three premiership cups.

Gift games to youngsters that haven’t proven their value by busting their arse in the 2’s and your teaching them it’s ok to be ordinary but your going to be promoted anyway.
That sort of rubbish breeds bad culture and we all know what bad culture got us.

We should never accept mediocrity and demand excellence from our newbies. It’s shouldn’t be easy to wear the great Richmond jumper.

Our recruiters and list managers have dropped the ball and by the looks of our vfl team our development has also suffered.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2022, 12:03:14 AM »
We won’t have much choice but to play a couple of kids who are not ready and don’t deserve a promotion throughout the year as we may be going to lose half a dozen players next year, if the kids don’t show enough they will be moved on. The choice is to blood some kids with senior support or have half a dozen kids in the seniors who have player none or 1 or 2 games next year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #321 on: April 25, 2022, 03:42:30 AM »
His is an inside mid

Buy let's play him wing, HF, HB anywhere but in the middle  :banghead

Play the kids people scream

Drop him after 1 game they scream

Not sure what it is proper want

Want to pot anyone at the minute pot our coaches, fitness people, senior players and our on field leaders. They've been there the entire 6 rounds and they the ones letting us down
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:15 AM »
Lol , wow we lost to a side who is undefeated and reigning premiers by a bit over 3 goals. We put enough pressure on to partly force 22 points and were leading a couple of times in the game.
The loss leads to some to continue their campaign to replace their favourite scape goat which maybe warranted but generally not.
Can’t wait for us to lose by 10 goals to a bottom side .

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2022, 11:16:18 AM »

Our older players may be getting on but they’ve paid their dues and bled for the club and given us three premiership cups.

Gift games to youngsters that haven’t proven their value by busting their arse in the 2’s and your teaching them it’s ok to be ordinary but your going to be promoted anyway.
That sort of rubbish breeds bad culture and we all know what bad culture got us.

We should never accept mediocrity and demand excellence from our newbies. It’s shouldn’t be easy to wear the great Richmond jumper.

Our recruiters and list managers have dropped the ball and by the looks of our vfl team our development has also suffered.

keep saying it but continually picking blokes who underperform is also gifting games.Its okay keep playing badly we won't drop you your a favorite.

Much harder for the kids to shine in the two's there is a wide acknowledment that there are few mature players and the structure is poor.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »

keep saying it but continually picking blokes who underperform is also gifting games.Its okay keep playing badly we won't drop you your a favorite.

Much harder for the kids to shine in the two's there is a wide acknowledment that there are few mature players and the structure is poor.
rubbish! What a load of crap.
If the kids work hard they can succeed. We need to stop being soft with these kids and demand more consistency. If not we’ll be back a middling team thinking 9th is a successful season.  :rollin

FooffooValve

« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2022, 12:59:08 PM »
Set up to fail unfortunately. He deserves a chance - it's no easy task coming into the  side after yonks and facing Petracca, Oliver, Harmes, Dunstan...much bigger bodies and experience. Its a bit different to s VFL midfield. See how he goes in the next month.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2022, 01:00:42 PM »
Set up to fail unfortunately. He deserves a chance - it's no easy task coming into the  side after yonks and facing Petracca, Oliver, Harmes, Dunstan...much bigger bodies and experience. Its a bit different to s VFL midfield. See how he goes in the next month.
Unfortunately he also struggles against VFL mids most weeks and only very occasionally comes out on top.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2022, 01:08:26 PM »
Agree ,put it down to a learning experience as to play him against the Leagues best and expect him to dominate would be unrealistic

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »
Definitely needs time. Agree needs to be played as an inside mid. To expect him to outplay vastly more experienced midfielders like Oliver is unrealistic. Oliver is at the peak of his career.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2022, 04:26:29 PM »
His is an inside mid

Buy let's play him wing, HF, HB anywhere but in the middle  :banghead

Play the kids people scream

Drop him after 1 game they scream

Not sure what it is proper want

Want to pot anyone at the minute pot our coaches, fitness people, senior players and our on field leaders. They've been there the entire 6 rounds and they the ones letting us down
but you say Mcintosh is fine because of the role he plays for the coaches, yet those same coaches are at fault for RCDs development? 

Thats a bit of a conundrum for you I reckon...  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"