Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 65140 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2022, 05:27:41 PM »
but you say Mcintosh is fine because of the role he plays for the coaches, yet those same coaches are at fault for RCDs development? 

Thats a bit of a conundrum for you I reckon...  :shh

Actually think the conundrum is on you

You've just just further my highlighted my point! Thanks for bringing it up  :bow

McIntosh has a role, a role that the coaches spent a helluva lot of development time into him to play. And guess what? They get him to play that position/role week after week

They have spent 4 years now developing RCD to play as inside mid. The Senior 3 time premiership coach has even said publicly that the plan is for him to take over the Cotchin role. So when he's selected is he not played in that role?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2022, 06:16:35 PM »
No, it's still on you.

Either you have confidence in the coaches to develop players or you don't. And Mcintosh is a fine example of your judgement not always being the best regardless of RCD... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2022, 06:42:59 PM »
RCD is coming along nicely.
We need to peresevere with home, he did some nice things v melbourne.
McIntosh is a superb athlete and fulfills his role.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2022, 09:07:41 AM »
When a midfield player struggles to win possessions consistently in the VFL it’s gonna be very tough in the AFL level. One reasonable game in the VFL in 5 isn’t good enough for a midfielder especially one who has been in the system for 3 years. 

IMO, he hadn’t earned an AFL game. I personally would’ve liked to see him string a few good games in the VFL before giving him a game but what do I know

But let’s just play the kids and gift them games and teach them nothing like we used to do for 37 years.  :rollin

What’s the alternative ? Play edwards ? We’ve got to look forward. Give them a trial and if it’s no good then we know.
Don’t play players in the senior team that don’t deserve the jumper.

Our older players may be getting on but they’ve paid their dues and bled for the club and given us three premiership cups.

Gift games to youngsters that haven’t proven their value by busting their arse in the 2’s and your teaching them it’s ok to be ordinary but your going to be promoted anyway.
That sort of rubbish breeds bad culture and we all know what bad culture got us.

We should never accept mediocrity and demand excellence from our newbies. It’s shouldn’t be easy to wear the great Richmond jumper.

Our recruiters and list managers have dropped the ball and by the looks of our vfl team our development has also suffered.

keep saying it but continually picking blokes who underperform is also gifting games.Its okay keep playing badly we won't drop you your a favorite.

Much harder for the kids to shine in the two's there is a wide acknowledment that there are few mature players and the structure is poor.
rubbish! What a load of crap.
If the kids work hard they can succeed. We need to stop being soft with these kids and demand more consistency. If not we’ll be back a middling team thinking 9th is a successful season.  :rollin
So picking underperforming horrible skilled players week after week is not gifting games. What a load of crap and well done way to ignore it because it doesnt fit with your narrative.

Its a fact the two,s have very few mature players it mostly a side of 22 and unders. Its also a fact there is little structure.
Despite that some of the kids have performed well and should be getting games instead of us putting up with passengers week after week or putting up with blokes whose skills are clearly not up to it.Whats that saying the epitimy of madness is to do the same thing over and over.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2022, 10:29:43 AM »
Play him next block of 3 games let's see what his got either he makes it or it's a bust by years end.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »
Not writing him off but he was shaky and fumbly all night against the Dees.

Maybe a run of games at senior level will help this.

If not - cant see him staying on the list regardless of what post Cotchin plans they might have.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »
He is just a kid who should be playing a support role to the experienced players whilst he learns the trade.
To expect the kids to be stars straight away is unrealistic unless they are too 5 picks. If we don’t start introducing some kids into the side and giving them a run , we will end up putting all the kids in at once without the bigger experienced players to support them and be like GWS in the early days or go out an recruit a whole lot of rejects and end up like the 30 years of being in no mans land.
No panic , but sensible rotations are required.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2022, 12:44:24 PM »
When a midfield player struggles to win possessions consistently in the VFL it’s gonna be very tough in the AFL level. One reasonable game in the VFL in 5 isn’t good enough for a midfielder especially one who has been in the system for 3 years. 

IMO, he hadn’t earned an AFL game. I personally would’ve liked to see him string a few good games in the VFL before giving him a game but what do I know

But let’s just play the kids and gift them games and teach them nothing like we used to do for 37 years.  :rollin

What’s the alternative ? Play edwards ? We’ve got to look forward. Give them a trial and if it’s no good then we know.
Don’t play players in the senior team that don’t deserve the jumper.

Our older players may be getting on but they’ve paid their dues and bled for the club and given us three premiership cups.

Gift games to youngsters that haven’t proven their value by busting their arse in the 2’s and your teaching them it’s ok to be ordinary but your going to be promoted anyway.
That sort of rubbish breeds bad culture and we all know what bad culture got us.

We should never accept mediocrity and demand excellence from our newbies. It’s shouldn’t be easy to wear the great Richmond jumper.

Our recruiters and list managers have dropped the ball and by the looks of our vfl team our development has also suffered.

keep saying it but continually picking blokes who underperform is also gifting games.Its okay keep playing badly we won't drop you your a favorite.

Much harder for the kids to shine in the two's there is a wide acknowledment that there are few mature players and the structure is poor.
rubbish! What a load of crap.
If the kids work hard they can succeed. We need to stop being soft with these kids and demand more consistency. If not we’ll be back a middling team thinking 9th is a successful season.  :rollin
So picking underperforming horrible skilled players week after week is not gifting games. What a load of crap and well done way to ignore it because it doesnt fit with your narrative.

Its a fact the two,s have very few mature players it mostly a side of 22 and unders. Its also a fact there is little structure.
Despite that some of the kids have performed well and should be getting games instead of us putting up with passengers week after week or putting up with blokes whose skills are clearly not up to it.Whats that saying the epitimy of madness is to do the same thing over and over.
You are correct when you say our VFL had very few mature players yes I agree but the structure is still based on the “Richmond way” despite the lack of execution for 4 quarter considering the age demographic.
Some kids are performing well and deserve a spot ie. Mansell, Gibcus but others I feel need to get consistency in performance to keep high standards and foster good culture ie. RCD, Sonsie, Clarke, Browne etc.
Of those seemingly underperforming “passengers” in the Senior team, well I agree but only with those players who haven’t done the hard yards and have premiership medals ie. Ross, Aarts, Tarrant and any other newbie (exactly the players who have been dropped at times this year)
The reason is to not make it easy for these players who will hopefully replace the elder statesmen in due coarse but if the club makes it too easy for them to earn a senior recall then it’s doing nothing but fostering mediocrity like we experienced for many years prior to our current success.
The underperforming elder statesman ie. Edwards, Castagna (as much as I don’t like him), Baker etc. have all done the hard yards and deserve some leniency (which inevitably won’t last forever).
Unfortunately Riewoldt, Lynch and Balta is all we have as forward options because we don’t have anyone coming through to replace them.
I would however persist with Miller ahead of Tarrant considering the latter has no history with us either and Miller has done reasonably well at both levels and deserves games unlike Tarrant.

As you have rightly pointed out ad nauseam, that our team management has been poor and something must be done to rectify the age and experience demographic.

I agree with your points but I don’t agree that the promotion of youngsters should be done to the detriment of good culture. Bad culture is a disease that is very very hard to rectify
And everything should be done to keep fostering a good culture that has been established especially in relation to our recent success and the careers of our greats coming to the end.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2022, 06:23:34 AM »
RCD's second game back. What did we think of his game last night?

16 disposals (5k, 11h, 7c, 9u, 68.8% eff.)
2 marks
4 tackles
5 clearances (2 centre clearances)
1 inside 50
1 intercept
134 metres gained
2 score involvements
1 goal assist
82% time on ground

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2022, 08:30:12 AM »
Nowhere near enough to keep Cotch and Dusty out.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: April 30, 2022, 09:25:23 AM »
Leave him in the team. We need to build his confidence.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: April 30, 2022, 09:28:54 AM »
Nowhere near enough to keep Cotch and Dusty out.
:thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: April 30, 2022, 09:29:31 AM »
Leave him in the team. We need to build his confidence.
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2022, 09:30:54 AM »
Did some good things. Hopefully holds his place.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2022, 10:11:37 AM »
They've given Ross multiple chance this season

Need to give him a run of games even as the sub
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)