Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35626 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »
Do you ever why you don’t have a lot of people that agree with you and in fact they are even hostile towards you and are offended by your personal attacks , it’s probably Because they are wrong and your always right even if you have to make stuff it up .
I'm pretty sure I'm on his ignore list. If I could bottle that secret I would do the decent thing and give it to you free of charge.

Good for you bud im sure you will read this lol.

Broadsword

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2022, 01:36:47 PM »
Do you ever why you don’t have a lot of people that agree with you and in fact they are even hostile towards you and are offended by your personal attacks , it’s probably Because they are wrong and your always right even if you have to make stuff it up .
I'm pretty sure I'm on his ignore list. If I could bottle that secret I would do the decent thing and give it to you free of charge.

Good for you bud im sure you will read this lol.
Hey mate. I thought you'd blacklisted me. Look forward to some hustle and bustle with you.   :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2022, 06:05:32 PM »
Updated with Soldo staying and after Hopper trade confirmed:

OUT from our senior list: ..................... (Decreases to 31 players)
Edwards (retired).
Lambert (retired).
Caddy (retired).
RCD (expecting him to be traded/delisted).
Martyn (expecting him to be delisted).

Out from our Category A rookie list: ...... (Decreases to 4 players)
Parker (delisted/retired).
Aarts (delist).
Pickett (promotion to the senior list).

IN onto our senior list: ........................(Increases to 34 players)
Taranto (via trade).
Hopper (via trade).
Pickett (promotion off the rookie list).

IN onto our Category A rookie list: ...... (4 players)
-

So the above would leave us with 34 senior listed players plus 4 Cat. A rookies [so 38 in total] and 1 Cat. B rookie (Colina).

It will see clubs permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players on their books.

Primary lists must have between 36 and 38 players. Category A rookies are capped at 4-6, up to a total of 42 players on a list including primary-listed players. Each club can also have two Category B rookies.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/837502/afl-confirms-2021-list-sizes
So, we need to have at least 36 on our senior list. That's 2 needed:

* Two ND picks (53, 63)?
* One ND pick (53) and Miller promoted?
* One ND pick (53) and RCD survives the cut?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2022, 08:40:52 PM »
I'd say we will pick 53 a raw tall forward and then RCD survives cut.

With 5 on bench depth in midfield will be key.
Go Tigers!

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2022, 04:16:53 PM »
RCD, Stack, Aarts and Martyn all cut.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »
Stack probably the one that had much hope of ever getting a game in a good side.

Good luck to them all.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2022, 04:28:27 PM »
Sounds like there is no intention to re-rookie any of them. Just gone.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Richmond announces list changes
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2022, 04:32:52 PM »
Richmond announces list changes

By Richmond Media - Just now

Richmond Football Club has informed players Jake Aarts, Sydney Stack, Riley Collier-Dawkins, and Will Martyn that they will not be offered contracts for the 2023 season.

Aarts was drafted to Richmond with the Club’s first pick in the 2019 AFL Rookie Draft after an impressive stint playing with the Club’s VFL team.

The small forward/midfielder played 42 games at AFL level across four seasons, booting 34 goals. Aarts featured at AFL level on seven occasions in 2022.

Richmond selected Stack as a Supplemental Signing in the 2019 pre-season, having moved across from Western Australia after missing out at the 2018 AFL National and Rookie Draft’s.

Stack played 35 games for the Tigers in his four seasons, winning the Cosgrove-Jenkins Award as the best first-year player and the VFL premiership in his first year.

Collier-Dawkins managed 11 matches across four seasons for Richmond, also featuring in the 2019 VFL premiership.

The 22-year-old, selected with pick No.20 overall at the 2018 National Draft, played two games this season.

Martyn spent three years on Richmond’s list after being selected with the Club’s third pick (No. 44 overall) at the 2019 AFL National Draft.

The midfielder/defender played all three of his career AFL games last season, a year he was also awarded the Guinane Medal as Richmond VFL best and fairest.

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent Blair Hartley thanked all players for their contributions to the Club.

“We appreciated the hard work and commitment that Jake, Sydney, Will, and Riley put in across multiple years with us,” he said.

“Each have played their part in our recent success, and we wish them all well for the future.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1237029/richmond-announces-list-changes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2022, 04:39:33 PM »
For me, all had to go even Stack all the talent in the world but not commitment rocks up unfit preseason playing catchup all year club can't keep doing that. RCD had a good finish to end of year but plays half a game of footy and then unsighted next half.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2022, 04:39:34 PM »
Not surprised about Aarts, Stack or Martyn.

Thought they might keep RCD on the cheap but with our new recruits probably not much point

Broadsword

« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2022, 04:43:24 PM »
What's the final wash-up then? How many picks do we take to the drafts and how many do we have to use on new players?

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2022, 04:49:17 PM »
So how many lists spots available?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2022, 04:52:38 PM »
Tough but right calls. I'd say with Grah and Soldo staying made it clearer.

Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2022, 04:54:16 PM »
Sounds like there is no intention to re-rookie any of them. Just gone.

Yup usually they’d say they’re committed to re-listing then via the rookie draft in the announcement so agree their time with Richmond is doneskies.

Thought stack might have been a chance to be re-rookied but to be fair the club gave him so many chances and he just repeated the same mistakes off season after off season. Thought RCD might be retained just on the sheer fact that we only have 2 late picks in the draft but didn’t look like he would have played anyway if he wasn’t getting any games this season.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
I presume 5 gone with 3 on primary list so it’s 2 picks national draft and 4 rookies?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.