Author Topic: Hawks review into indigenous players treatment under Clarkson  (Read 9336 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hawks review into indigenous players treatment under Clarkson
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2023, 12:26:26 PM »
Gillon McLachlan says the league will now promptly consider bringing a charge against Hawthorn — which could lead to the club being fined and stripped of draft picks.

McLachlan confirmed the agreement didn’t preclude the AFL from charging Hawthorn for breaching AFL rules with respect to the commissioning and oversight of the Binmada Report.

McLachlan said whether the AFL pursued action against Hawthorn under AFL Rules – such as ‘conduct unbecoming’ or ‘bringing the game into disrepute’ – would be a decision for the league’s general counsel or the Commission.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/hawthorn-hawks/afl-news-2023-gillon-mclachlan-press-conference-hints-league-could-charge-hawthorn-hawks-under-rules-racism-investigation/news-story/2284daa6b9244d5768d31774705c11d4

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2023, 01:43:20 PM »
I think folks are missing a key point

There is still a high chance of legal action from the "aggrieved" parties that refused to take part in the AFL's investigation

Reckon this is a long way from over

They won't do crap.

There's no evidence and they wouldn't participate in the review so I doubt they'll go and air their dirty laundry (or lack thereof) in court.

Matter is over and the damage is done to Clarkson et al. A shame, I hope he makes a comeback.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2023, 03:35:04 PM »
Gillon McLachlan says the league will now promptly consider bringing a charge against Hawthorn — which could lead to the club being fined and stripped of draft picks.

McLachlan confirmed the agreement didn’t preclude the AFL from charging Hawthorn for breaching AFL rules with respect to the commissioning and oversight of the Binmada Report.

McLachlan said whether the AFL pursued action against Hawthorn under AFL Rules – such as ‘conduct unbecoming’ or ‘bringing the game into disrepute’ – would be a decision for the league’s general counsel or the Commission.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/hawthorn-hawks/afl-news-2023-gillon-mclachlan-press-conference-hints-league-could-charge-hawthorn-hawks-under-rules-racism-investigation/news-story/2284daa6b9244d5768d31774705c11d4

I dont get this, they are saying the three amigos have no case to answer but the club does, so which individuals in the club are guilty, or is it an attempt by the AFL to lay the blame on an entity instead of individuals to appease the alleged victims?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2023, 04:06:40 PM »

I dont get this, they are saying the three amigos have no case to answer but the club does, so which individuals in the club are guilty, or is it an attempt by the AFL to lay the blame on an entity instead of individuals to appease the alleged victims?
There may be no or not enough evidence to blame any one individual but enough evidence showing the club as a whole failed the alleged victims.

In the end, the entity is responsible for its employees and the workplace at large and the whole situation is a mess due to the entity's mishandling of it. The AFL doesn't like clubs damaging its brand either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2023, 08:05:06 PM »

There may be no or not enough evidence to blame any one individual but enough evidence showing the club as a whole failed the alleged victims.

In the end, the entity is responsible for its employees and the workplace at large and the whole situation is a mess due to the entity's mishandling of it. The AFL doesn't like clubs damaging its brand either.

:shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2023, 08:41:05 PM »

There is still a high chance of legal action from the "aggrieved" parties that refused to take part in the AFL's investigation

They won't do crap.

There's no evidence and they wouldn't participate in the review so I doubt they'll go and air their dirty laundry (or lack thereof) in court.

Matter is over and the damage is done to Clarkson et al. A shame, I hope he makes a comeback.

They are doing something

Human Rights Commission they go
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2023, 09:06:40 PM »
Former premiership player Cyril Rioli and his wife Shannyn Ah Sam-Rioli, former player Jermaine Miller-Lewis and his wife Montanah, former player Carl Peterson, and ex-Hawks Indigenous liaison officer Leon Egan released an open letter on Friday night confirming their intention to take their claims to the Australian Human Rights Commission.

The Human Rights Commission process can involve conciliation, but if that fails to achieve a resolution, then action could be lodged in the Federal Court.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/confidence-betrayed-indigenous-hawk-families-open-up-on-saga-20230602-p5ddl0.html

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2023, 09:14:34 PM »
WOW they have finally gone public

Can’t wait for this to play out

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2023, 10:37:56 PM »

They won't do crap.

They are doing something

Human Rights Commission they go

I'm surprised indeed

Wonder why they didn't go public earlier if there's something genuine

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2023, 11:21:48 PM »
Well my guess is they are gutless and would prefer to whinge behind anonimity

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2023, 08:30:52 PM »
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/author-of-hawthorn-racism-report-accused-of-siphoning-almost-800-000-from-indigenous-organisation-20230811-p5dvpd.html

Egan dodgy? :lol

You couldn't make this up. What a load of Bs the whole thing so let's hope Clarlo sues the lot of them
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.