Author Topic: VFL: Richmond vs Northern Bullants @ Punt Rd, Sun. March 26  (Read 5572 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: VFL: Richmond vs Northern Bullants @ Punt Rd, Sun. March 26
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2023, 02:45:42 PM »
That last play summed up our game after the midway point of the 2nd qtr. Overuse of handball and then missing open targets.

Anyway, won by 47 points.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2023, 02:48:03 PM »
Final Score

Richmond     7.1    10.4    13.5    16.8-104
N.Bullants     1.1     1.4      5.6      8.9-57

Goals: Bradtke 5, Bauer 3, Miller 2, Ross, Street, L.Johnson, Tedcastle, Hicks, White.

Good first 1.5 quarters. Rubbish for the rest of the game.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2023, 03:37:34 PM »
Beau Tedcastle looks a likely small forward type- the one we would swoop on mid year :shh
Biggie, Bauer, Clarke, Banks, Sonsie, Bradtke, Hugo and Ross all very solid. Dow and Millar = not bad. Disappointing performance from Cumberland though.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2023, 04:34:27 PM »
Why didn't S Green play does anyone know?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2023, 06:49:12 PM »
VFL Tigers' first-term blitz seals win

By Brenton Mann
Richmond Media
26 March 2023

Richmond VFL has kicked off its 2023 campaign with a 47-point win over the Northern Bullants at the Swinburne Centre on Sunday.

After a seven-goal blitz in the first quarter, the Tigers went on to register nine goals across the final three quarters, the final score reading 16.8 (104) to 8.9 (57).

Richmond struck early and often in the opening term to inflict maximum damage.

The Tigers blood four VFL debutants in Harrison White, Beau Tedcastle, James Trezise and ex-Bullant, Mutaz El Nour.

Kaelan Bradtke was gracing the turf for the first time in the Yellow & Black and he sparked his side with three goals in the first quarter.

The Corowa product slammed through his fourth goal five minutes into the second term, pushing Richmond’s lead out past eight goals. Booting five goals in the first half, he is just as adept once the ball hits the ground as he is in the air.

The Tigers increased their lead more subtly in the second quarter, slotting three goals and holding the Bullants goalless, as the host’s lead edged its way to nine goals.

Jacob Bauer was a handy foil for Bradtke, as the duo exerted robust aerial presence in the front half.

Bauer was more prominent in the second term, jagging a goal and showcasing his spring and skill.

The key forward slotted his second goal early in the third term after a bullet pass from Jack Ross stuck in Bauer’s gecko grip.

Ross was the dominant midfielder on the ground and oozed AFL presence.

Bigoa Nyuon was another Tiger who caught the eye with the way he carried himself on the field. He assumed the role as No.1 ruckman with aplomb, whether that be with his tap work, follow-up at ground level or helping backward of centre.

The Bullants made their move with a three-goal burst, which had their supporters in full voice.

Goals to Ben Miller and Lachlan Street swung the momentum back in Richmond’s favour, before the Bullants hit back.

The Tigers then had a shot at goal after the three-quarter time siren via Hugo Ralphsmith, much to the chagrin of the vocal Bullants on the hill under the scoreboard.

Unfortunately for Richmond and Ralphsmith, the sherrin veered the wrong side of the goal post, with the Tigers leading by 47 points at the final change.

It was three goals apiece in a scrappy final term, the result never really in doubt.

RICH 7.1 10.4 13.5 16.8 (104)

BULL 1.1 1.4 5.6 8.9 (57)

Goal Kickers:

Richmond: Bradtke (5), Bauer (3), Miller (2), White, Tedcastle, Street, Ross, Johnson, Hicks

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1292192/vfl-tigers-first-term-blitz-seals-win

FooffooValve

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2023, 07:14:50 PM »
Disappointing from Cumberland today. He's a mile off AFL selection IMO.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2023, 08:55:48 PM »
I liked Biggies game today. Looks to have improved a lot.

Had a stint in the ruck too has an awesome leap.
The club that keeps giving.

Broadsword

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2023, 08:56:32 PM »
Probably lost interest.

How many goals does he have to kick to keep his spot in the 1s?

I hate to say it, but ... SHEESH!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 11:03:02 PM by Broadsword »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2023, 09:06:36 PM »
Probably lost interest.

I hate to sat it, but ... SHEESH!
He was good last season when he got the opportunity but it was earned.

I’m against gifting players senior selection unless it’s absolutely necessary due to unforeseen circumstances or injury.

If he’s not willing to do the little things at VFL level then he shouldn’t be given the right to the jumper.
It must be held to a high standard otherwise your rewarding mediocrity
The club that keeps giving.

Broadsword

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2023, 11:05:30 PM »
Probably lost interest.

I hate to sat it, but ... SHEESH!
He was good last season when he got the opportunity but it was earned.

I’m against gifting players senior selection unless it’s absolutely necessary due to unforeseen circumstances or injury.

If he’s not willing to do the little things at VFL level then he shouldn’t be given the right to the jumper.
It must be held to a high standard otherwise your rewarding mediocrity
I'm not sure it was earned, was it? I don't remember him lighting it up in the VFL last year to grab his spot. He wouldn't have been gifted a game in round 1 either; he would have earned it from his play last year. Moreover, the only reason given for his omission is that "he is a similar player to Dusty and we can't play both in the same side". I haven't heard anyone question his attitude.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2023, 11:12:24 PM »

I thought Biggies' game today was the real bonus.  His ruck work was excellent & a real surprise, I've never seen him in ruck contests before & he dominated like it was second nature! 
Miller doesn't have the second ruck role all to himself anymore, watch out for Biggie!     :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2023, 11:58:25 PM »

I thought Biggies' game today was the real bonus.  His ruck work was excellent & a real surprise, I've never seen him in ruck contests before & he dominated like it was second nature! 
Miller doesn't have the second ruck role all to himself anymore, watch out for Biggie!     :clapping

Good to hear. My dad said similar - was apparently leaping a bloody metre.

Not sure what his role is going forward though. You'd think he's behind Gibcus and evidently behind Young. With Balta looking OK we might be sorted for a while down back with talls.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2023, 07:22:11 AM »
Team stats:

Disposals:     327 - 373
Marks:          103 - 111
Clearances:     32 - 35
Inside 50s:      53 - 44
Tackles:           58 - 37
Hitouts:           48 - 17
Frees:             21 - 32

Individual stats:

Ross            29 disposals (23k,   6h), 13 marks,  1 tackle, 2 clearances, 6 inside 50s,     -         , 1 goal.
Banks          23 disposals (12k, 11h), 11 marks, 2 tackles, 1 clearances, 3 inside 50s.
Sonsie         21 disposals (13k,   8h),   3 marks, 2 tackles, 2 clearances, 3 inside 50s,    -         ,     -     , 1 behind.
Nyuon         17 disposals (10k,   7h),   6 marks, 2 tackles, 3 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 30 hitouts.
Dow            17 disposals (  4k, 13h),   3 marks, 3 tackles, 6 clearances, 2 inside 50s,    -         ,      -    , 1 behind.
Clarke         16 disposals (  9k,   7h),   4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 5 inside 50s,    -         ,      -    , 1 behind.
Ralphsmith  13 disposals (  6k,   7h),   3 marks,   1 tackle, 2 clearances, 2 inside 50s,   -         ,            , 1 behind.
Cumberland 10 disposals (  5k,   5h),   2 marks, 5 tackles, 1 clearances, 1 inside 50.
Bradtke       10 disposals (  8k,   2h),   6 marks, 3 tackles,         -         ,       -           ,     -       , 5 goals, 1 behind.
Bauer            8 disposals (  7k,   1h),   6 marks,  1 tackle, 1 clearances, 3 inside 50s,    1 hitout, 3 goals, 1 behind.
Miller             7 disposals (  4k,  3h),    2 marks,  1 tackle, 2 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 17 hitouts, 2 goals.

https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/5098#player-stats

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2023, 09:23:27 AM »
Cumberland with 5 tackles.