Author Topic: Dimma quits [merged]  (Read 34106 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Dimma quits [merged]
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2023, 12:19:43 PM »
Were Cameron & Campbell even at Richmond at any point during his tenure? Pretty sure they weren't? :huh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline PremiershipClock

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2023, 12:23:41 PM »
Cameron was on the panel that hired him

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2023, 12:38:16 PM »
Yeah they were bother here for a little while when Dimma coached.

Graig Cameron is the worst List Manager in the history of football. Wasn't surprised we improved after he left. Helmut
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2023, 12:51:34 PM »
Dunno if that's a typo in the first sentence there or not but either way it sounds about right. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2023, 12:53:24 PM »
It is a typo but I won't edit it....:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2023, 12:58:56 PM »
 :shh :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2023, 07:08:51 PM »
I hope to god it’s just gcs imploding and they fired dew to lure Hardwick (think Essendon and Rutten with trying to get clarkson) and it doesn’t eventuate

Purely speculative but there’s love between Dew and Hardwick right? Like I’m assuming he won’t take it out of respect?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2023, 07:36:10 PM »
The whole thing could well be premeditated. Although I’m not overly concerned either way. I think it was time for us to part ways with Dimma regardless.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2023, 09:36:52 PM »
Dimma clearly doesn’t like anything too old or slow. Jumps ship at first sign of aging.

Likes them young and vibrant with a tinge of carrot.  :shh

I think he’ll be at Gold Coast next season.  :rollin
I like this post so apt. Hope you don't mind if i use it.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2023, 11:32:31 PM »
"It's a terrible look to quit Richmond after trading away your draft picks, saying you're mentally burnt out, and two weeks later say you're ready to go" - Kane Cornes.

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1680914205766025216

ps. In what world Hutchy would we offer Hinkley 4 years to convince him to coach us when the Club has said we're after an untried senior coach?! :huh3

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2023, 07:58:01 AM »
"It's a terrible look to quit Richmond after trading away your draft picks, saying you're mentally burnt out, and two weeks later say you're ready to go" - Kane Cornes.

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1680914205766025216

ps. In what world Hutchy would we offer Hinkley 4 years to convince him to coach us when the Club has said we're after an untried senior coach?! :huh3

I agree with this part, unless maybe the Melbourne fishbowl had something to do with it and the relatively low attention he'll get in GC is a factor.

Otherwise I believe he was trying to stay competitive, traded our picks for ready made players to address our biggest deficiency in 2022, and honestly burn out creeps up fast and quietly I know from my own experience as a worker and manager.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2023, 09:55:51 PM »
Interestingly I have heard a quiet word being whispered in figjam’s ear  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2023, 10:42:39 PM »
The whole thing could well be premeditated. Although I’m not overly concerned either way. I think it was time for us to part ways with Dimma regardless.

Absolutely looks premeditated- I’m hearing similar from those that would know

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2023, 06:18:35 PM »
Gold Coast expected to offer Damien Hardwick five-year deal

Gold Coast are a step closer to confirming Damien Hardwick as their next coach, with club chief executive Mark Evans planning to jump on a plane to talk to Hardwick on his European vacation.

A senior club source, who was not authorised to speak publicly on the issue, has confirmed to The Scoop that the club reached out to Hardwick via phone last week to enquire if the three-time premiership coach at Richmond was interested in continuing his senior coaching career at the Suns.

Following that conversation, the club devised a clandestine plan to send a senior representative to Europe to meet Hardwick face to face.

A senior industry source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Hardwick was expected to be offered a five-year contract.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-expected-to-offer-damien-hardwick-five-year-deal-20230802-p5dt8n.html

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2023, 06:55:26 PM »
I called out Dimmas BS from day one. He's as fake as they come. Yes was a great coach for us, but as a man, a fake and a fraud. Not that I give a 💩, he helped gain us 3 cups