Author Topic: Dimma quits [merged]  (Read 34097 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dimma quits [merged]
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2023, 07:16:30 PM »
This was absolutely under discussion when he pulled the pin.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2023, 07:35:33 PM »
CORNES REACTS AS REPORT SUGGESTS SUNS ARE SET TO OFFER HARDWICK FIVE-YEAR DEAL

While Cornes understands how good of a coach Hardwick is, he questioned whether he was the right coach for the Suns after he cited burnout as a reason to leave Richmond after nine rounds this season

“I'm just not going to quite get my head around this just yet,” Cornes said on SEN Sportsday.

“So, Hardwick leaves nine games into the season. He’s burnt out.

“He gets a payout from a club, presumably for the rest of the year.

“He goes away, he comes back, he attends some footy and does some stuff and he goes away again.

“Stuart Dew, his good mate, his premiership teammate gets the sack whilst he is away.

“I'm just sceptical that someone who is burnt out after Round 9, is ready to go again a couple of weeks later, according to him on the Dyl & Friends Podcast and now he’s ready to take over.

“Is he the right man for Gold Coast? I know what his resume says. I know what a great coach and football person he has been.

“But coaching is a job where you need energy. You need to be all in. You don't want to come back in January. You don't want to be having time off. You don't want to be burnt out.

“This club needs to play finals, it needs to play finals next year.”

Cornes also added that if he were a Richmond fan, he’d be annoyed at Hardwick if he signed on at another club for 2024 after listing his reasons to depart the Tigers.

“As I've said, a couple of times this year, if I was a Richmond fan, I'd be absolutely filthy,” Cornes said.

“He's traded all their (Richmond’s) draft picks.

“He's bolstered the midfield, he was contracted until the end of 2024.

"He lasted nine games in 2023, citing burnout and now he's going to coach a rival a couple of weeks later.

“It's a bizarre story to me and I love Damien Harwick and I love what he's done.

“But I'm sceptical of the whole thing.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/02/cornes-reacts-as-report-suggests-suns-are-set-to-offer-hardwick-five-year/

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2023, 10:32:50 PM »
This was absolutely under discussion when he pulled the pin.
Of course it was. The tired , need time out was always a lie and bull 💩. As I've said , we thank you for being there for 3 cups but we're as dusty has shown are happier without you.
Richmond and the players were too nice with their words , but even blind Freddy could see it was all scripted. Dimma as a man is t a great bloke , he is far from it

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2023, 10:33:53 PM »
I have zero problem with any of it. It was time to go and he went.
Simple.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2023, 10:37:17 PM »
Simple.
It was time for him to go 18 months prior. Simple

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2023, 01:38:20 AM »
I agree he helped us get the 3 flags forever great full, but we needed a change. The part I don't like is this burnout bs.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2023, 07:19:43 AM »
Simple.
It was time for him to go 18 months prior. Simple

So, go 1 year after winning 3 flags in 4 years? Yeah, right.
The spirit of Graeme Richmond’s implosion lives on.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2023, 04:52:03 PM »
What I don’t like is that he sold our future of on the promise of having a crack at another premiership but when it clear we won’t get there he gives up and says he is burnt out
But now it’s a miracle he is rejuvenated and can coach a developing side , but not our developing side 
I will always be grateful but it might have been better if he just said I have a better offer from the AFL

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2023, 05:04:35 PM »
What I don’t like is that he sold our future of on the promise of having a crack at another premiership but when it clear we won’t get there he gives up and says he is burnt out
But now it’s a miracle he is rejuvenated and can coach a developing side , but not our developing side 
I will always be grateful but it might have been better if he just said I have a better offer from the AFL

Yep pretty clear as soon as he worked out we were off the pace and not going to compete this year he looked around.  Got a nod and a wink from GC and then pulled the pin citing burnout.  He has pulled the wool over the clubs eyes just as he did his ex missus.

If he took a payout knowing he had the GC gig then Benny should be asking him to repay it

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2023, 05:08:48 PM »

Yep pretty clear as soon as he worked out we were off the pace and not going to compete this year he looked around.  Got a nod and a wink from GC and then pulled the pin citing burnout.  He has pulled the wool over the clubs eyes just as he did his ex missus.

If he took a payout knowing he had the GC gig then Benny should be asking him to repay it

Not a done deal yet but gee it feels that way dunnit.

Burnout comes fast and takes ages to wear off IMO.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2023, 06:38:36 PM »
DAMIEN HARDWICK WON RICHMOND EVERYTHING, AND OWES THE CLUB NOTHING

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
3 August 2023

So, Damien Hardwick is going to coach Gold Coast, is he?

Good on him.

The reports indicate that a five-year deal could be on the cards.

There have been suggestions in the media that Richmond supporters should be annoyed by the situation after he up and left the club midway through the 2023 season.

At the time there would have been many different feelings around ‘Dimma’ and his decision.

Read below:
WHY THE FIRE OF HARDWICK’S LEGACY BURNS BRIGHTER THAN THE DISAPPOINTMENT OF HIS DECISION

But after almost four hapless decades in the wilderness, Hardwick led the Tigers back to the promised land.

Three premierships in four years and an era of success gets you a few brownie points. If it weren’t for Hardwick, Richmond may still be in the doldrums.

If he was burnt out at Punt Road, he was burnt out. That doesn’t mean he was, or is, burnt out with coaching. At some point in the next year or so, he was going to finish up at the club anyway. So why not rip the Band-Aid off now.

People leave jobs all the time. Sometimes people pull up stumps mid-year and move on to other industries. More often than not they go and work for a different employer in the same industry. So be it, that’s life. You’ve got to look out for yourself in this world, because most of the time nobody else will.

While this is different to a player leaving a club - as that never happens during the season unless it’s retirement - it’s not too far off.

Players switch clubs every year. Some probably because they were burnt out at one place and wanted a fresh start. Being burnt out doesn’t mean you want to retire.

The difference with this is, both the Tigers and the Suns had to plan for the future so both parties would have wanted to get the business done as early as possible. If Hardwick didn’t want to go around again with the Tigers, then make a change. That they did.

If the Suns didn’t see Stuart Dew as the man to take them forward, then make a change. That they did.

If the Suns believe a three-time premiership coach - who happens to be available and reportedly keen to coach again - can take them to the finals for the first time, then good on them for pursuing that man.

Richmond has won six of nine under Andrew McQualter, and while he may not necessarily win the job full-time, you could safely say that the Tigers wouldn’t have done any better under Hardwick.

The move appeared to reinvigorate the players and they have been playing with more freedom than they did in the first half of the season.

All Tigers fans can’t be spoken for in this instance, but you’d suggest the vast majority would be fairly comfortable with the situation.

Hardwick felt he couldn’t take the club forward any further, that maybe a change will be good for all involved. That happens from time to time.

The man won THREE premierships. He was burnt out after spending more than a quarter of his life at the one place. That’s understandable.

And if the wants to pursue a different lifestyle out of the Melbourne bubble and guide an underperforming club, then good luck to him.

The reported meeting with Suns chief Mark Evans in Cinque Terre is not quite Ibiza, as Dustin Martin suggested, but it is a small taste of what could be ahead on the 'Goldie'.

A more relaxed working life awaits.

Nothing can take away what he achieved at Richmond and nobody can begrudge him if he feels the need to revitalise and re-energise his life.

That’s not bizarre. That’s human nature.

Good luck on the Gold Coast if you happen to go there, Dimma. You owe Richmond nothing. You go with the blessing of every Tigers supporter we’ve quizzed on the situation.

The reality is, he will always be a Richmond person.

Just don’t go poaching any beloved Tigers…

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/03/damien-hardwick-won-richmond-everything-and-owes-the-club-nothing/

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2023, 08:03:07 PM »
It’s been about 2.5 months since he resigned and will be another month (atleast) until he would maybe take charge. So let’s say he will have been enjoying 3+ months of time off before he would have to start up work again. Not sure why people think that would validate the notion that him being burnt out was just a smokescreen. It’s the equivalent of taking long service leave in every other industry after working somewhere for 10+ years.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2023, 08:13:04 PM »
Yep, just argued against yourself , had long long service leave before the new job ,  :lol

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2023, 08:43:02 PM »
How so? He claimed he was burnt out, he’s now had 3 months off - is it not possible to become refreshed after 3 months travelling the world and to then be ready? Besides being burnt isnt always as simple as someone has been working too long. Sometimes just need a change in environment as opposed to going to the same place everyday and working with the same people.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2023, 08:56:22 PM »
Your saying almost saying the same as us now
if you want a debate join a debating club