Author Topic: What a rabble  (Read 3894 times)

Bull

What a rabble
« on: July 22, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »
There is no way that anyone could walk away from today's game happy with the way our future is heading.

Sure Edwards played well once again, along with Jack and Kingy.

But the downside well and truly outways any of those positives.

I have not felt so bad about this club in a long time but things are bad. The attitude and direction of this playing group is a joke. Has been terrible all season and needs serious addressing.

Our movement of the footy today was a joke, they say that you play as you train. That doesnt say much for Wallace and Co. Our skills are getting worse instead of improving. Decision making is also getting worse and we continue to overuse the footy time and time again.

Kicking or handballing to a team mate under the pump is our trademark.

If this club doesnt get itself on the right track in the next couple of years, it will be no longer.

Sad but true. :(

Ramps

Re: What a rabble
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »
We are a basketcase and its so bad i doubt that anyone really knows how to get out of it quickly. Its atleast 3 years away just to get a decent side- and thats without mistakes at the draft table- let alone winning the thing.

Passionfruit

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
If some of you posters think I have an axe to grind about Wallace and co, you are right
This football is a rabble and something needs to be done.
I dont agree with the direction this club is going and after speaking to many influential supporters today in the Tiger executive and player link, there not happy either.
The game is a disgrace and to have Chris Newman tag David Rodan just proves that Wallace has lost the plot, keep in mind we GOT NOTHING for Rodan as he was delisted and then 15 rounds later, Wallace tags him.
Walk now Terry before it gets too hot in the kitchen

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
Right now we are worse than 04. At least in 04 we bottomed out. Terry came as the Messiah and has done very little. These new players are not our future. We need to be bottom for another couple of years and make no mistakes when drafting kids in the subsequent years bedfore we can even fathom a rise up the ladder. Last wk I was gutted as Tambling could have stood up and answered a few q's in regards to his draft selection and probably played his worst game. This week we had a chance to stand up for a club champion. Our performance today is apt of where we have been for the last 25 years and where we are heading and the type of people we have at the club representing us on game day. Some of the senior lads should be very very very very very ashamed of what they did today. I am almost ashamed to call myself a Richmond Fan. Very heartbreaking and distressing and unfortunantely it will get worse. Alot worse.

Passionfruit

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
Whats sad is the dont play with ANY passion and at times I thought they actually gave up
Players refused to chase at times, it was a rabble.
We cant keep going like this , something has to change now, not is 2 years time

Bull

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 07:22:49 PM »
Right now we are worse than 04. At least in 04 we bottomed out. Terry came as the Messiah and has done very little. These new players are not our future. We need to be bottom for another couple of years and make no mistakes when drafting kids in the subsequent years bedfore we can even fathom a rise up the ladder. Last wk I was gutted as Tambling could have stood up and answered a few q's in regards to his draft selection and probably played his worst game. This week we had a chance to stand up for a club champion. Our performance today is apt of where we have been for the last 25 years and where we are heading and the type of people we have at the club representing us on game day. Some of the senior lads should be very very very very very ashamed of what they did today. I am almost ashamed to call myself a Richmond Fan. Very heartbreaking and distressing and unfortunantely it will get worse. Alot worse.

Great post HT, feel much the same. It is very depressing.

Passionfruit

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 07:28:27 PM »
Terry the messiah  ::) :lol :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck
He stuffed the Western Bulldogs and now he is stuffing the RFC, claimed it was train wreck when he got there, hate to see whats its called now ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »
Terry the messiah  ::) :lol :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck
He stuffed the Western Bulldogs and now he is stuffing the RFC, claimed it was train wreck when he got there, hate to see whats its called now ::)

Right now we are the Los Rodeos Airport plane crash 27th March 1977.
Confused? google it and it will explain all.
One poor decision after another until the disaster to end all calamitous ultimate disasters.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 07:53:02 PM »
Foley - worked his ass off in the middle
King - brings what this club is lacking --> MONGREL
Edwards - Class act
Riewoldt - KPP of the future, very promising today
Thursfield - Excellent job on Westhoff
McGuane - Showed a lot IMHO, clean hands, plays with enthusiasm

All these players contributed and have gained invaluable experience today ie it has not been a complete loss today

Very very very dissapointing day for the Richo-man on what should have been a memorable day, but at least some kids got some more experience.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 07:59:24 PM »
Keep at it u are, and they are starting to sway me.

Been a diehard for many a year and will still be.

BUT

In years gone by I would have made a big effort to get there today and 'would' of been there for richos 250.

But it would of taken effort in the middle of a set of nightshifts, I just couldn't justify putting myself through thatt effort, for what I have been getting and what I expected today, from Richmond.

I still dont see the point in getting rid of Wallace, as this would just be same old.
I would give him next year and if something isn't starting to show then we seriously need to re-evaluate.
What do we do, I don't know.

Some of our efforts haven't been too bad, but it's about winning (That's the bottom line)

But this is turning into a real gut wrentching season and it is hurting.

:'(

Moi

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
Edwards - Class act

All these players contributed and have gained invaluable experience today ie it has not been a complete loss today

Very very very dissapointing day for the Richo-man on what should have been a memorable day, but at least some kids got some more experience.
Great post, Bluey  :thumbsup
I like it you can take positives and not just look for the negative.
And I agree with you, some of these kids were okay.  If they had help from their senior counterparts, we may see different results.  Maybe not winning, but a hell of a lot more competitive.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 08:01:33 PM »
Edwards - Class act

:thumbsup Good onya Bluey, stay positive and I still do too. These kids are the future and must play out the year. No excuses not too.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 08:02:22 PM »
You know what makes this harder to take.

Seeing the Lions develop week by week. Their premiership window shut in 2004, but you can already see them building something special.

We need tall defenders and there was an article not so long ago about how hard they are to find and how clubs will go all out this draft - but the Lions have picked up Jason Roe and Patfull, who look like they will be top class modern defenders.

Then they have Drummond, Stiller, Rischitelli, Sherman, Adcock, Clark, Fixter most of whom will develop into very solid players. Brennan, McGrath, Hooper add a dash of unpredictablilty and class.

There are three big differences.

1) A senior core.
2) Jonathon Brown.
3) A coach who knows how to make players better, won't accept second best from senior players and more importantly knows how to build a team. Last season Robbie Copeland was a negating tagger now he is a small forward and kicking goals every week.

I'm not convinced based on the last two and a half seasons that Terry is any good at developing individual players and formualting a game plan. I'm sure that the absence of a senior core has something to do with it, but is that everything? Why didn't we commit fully to rebuilding ala Hawthorn if we knew our senior core was weak?

Even if you say that Hawthorn got the jump on us by a couple of years in the drafting process, they comitted fully to it and generally their young players have improved greatly. A few of our boys have stagnated, others havent even left the ground.

What was Wallace's record with at the Bulldogs re. developing youngsters? I am more than happy to be proven wrong and don't have the time to do the research, but I get the feeling he inherited a tough core and added very little to it while he was there.

Passionfruit

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 08:07:41 PM »
Jake , great post.
We continually draft lightweights with no size.( E.G Bulldogs model)
Brisbane and Lethal have a plan and they know what there about.
Wallace has changed direction from his first two years.
100 points a game
Run and Carry

I am  still in disbelief he tagged Rodan today, he has lost it.! ::)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »
Who cares if we have the doggies model, look where they are right now, in the 8.

Tell me you don't want that Jack.

If they had dominant key forwards and good key defenders they would be in contention for the flag.