Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402968 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1065 on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
F me talk about eating our own

:lol

The same own that we were all idolising last year as we marched to the finals.

Reality check we got beaten by 9th placed Carlton in final
2015 we have gone backwards by 10% where other teams have improved 10%
Watching Grigg .Edwards yesterday and watching the captain kick the ball bearly 10 metres on the outer wing to Jackson yesterday makes me think we have lost the plot
After 3 rounds .no finals in 2015 at this rate

Time goes to quickly these days, since when has it been 2015 :lol

Offline flea03

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1066 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:22 AM »
He grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck yesterday and single handed got us back into the game

no jack did

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1067 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:23 AM »
He grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck yesterday and single handed got us back into the game

no jack did

So Jack was single-handedly winning all the clearances too was he?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1068 on: April 07, 2014, 12:18:50 PM »
Whilst my heart dropped when Cotchin missed those goals, it wasn't solely Cotchin's fault the team was 6 goals down. Cotchin and Riewoldt did their absolute best to resurrect a dead tiger outfit. We were 3 points short of winning. IMO 20/22 players could've done something to put an extra 3 points on the scoreboard.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1069 on: April 07, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
You said he should kick 2-4 a game. That's at least 44 a season. Name a midfielder who produces that? And he kicked 21 goals in 2012, very impressive considering we were an average side. Last year he stuck it out with a bung knee and played in the guts all year. And it makes it harder to kick goals when you're injured and not resting forward as much

“It is something we probably didn’t exploit as much last year"

We can use big font to prove a point too

He kicked six goals last year, six, that's it.....he's admitted he needs to kick more, the coach has too, why cant you see it????

44 a season, so what, why cant he?????

Excuses are easier to find than solutions, you probably live by that..bung knee and all... :wallywink

The goals he missed on the weekend should of been kicked, this is why I wrote what I did!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1070 on: April 07, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
Whilst my heart dropped when Cotchin missed those goals, it wasn't solely Cotchin's fault the team was 6 goals down. Cotchin and Riewoldt did their absolute best to resurrect a dead tiger outfit. We were 3 points short of winning. IMO 20/22 players could've done something to put an extra 3 points on the scoreboard.

Or one less turnover from Chaplin might have saved 6 points the other way.

Cotch and Gordon out on the full hurt though.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1071 on: April 07, 2014, 12:30:35 PM »
You said he should kick 2-4 a game. That's at least 44 a season. Name a midfielder who produces that? And he kicked 21 goals in 2012, very impressive considering we were an average side. Last year he stuck it out with a bung knee and played in the guts all year. And it makes it harder to kick goals when you're injured and not resting forward as much

He kicked six goals last year, six, that's it.....he's admitted he needs to kick more, the coach has too, why cant you see it????

Excuses are easier to find than solutions, you probably live by that..bung knee and all... :wallywink

The goals he missed on the weekend should of been kicked, this is why I wrote what I did!!!!

Then why didn't you write that? Why didn't you say he needs to convert more accurately rather than saying he needs to kick 44-66 goals to get a pass mark?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: April 07, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »

Then why didn't you write that? Why didn't you say he needs to convert more accurately rather than saying he needs to kick 44-66 goals to get a pass mark?

Sorry, thought you might put 2+2 together and work out that if he kicked more accurately he would inadvertently kick more goals...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1073 on: April 07, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »

Sorry, thought you might put 2+2 together and work out that if he kicked more accurately he would inadvertently kick more goals...

So he'd be aiming to miss thus inadvertently kick more goals?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1074 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:40 PM »
I thought the target was 88 goals

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1075 on: April 07, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »
Really barking up the wrong tree on this one. Cotchin was outstanding. Yeh he missed a couple early. That wasn't good but he wasn't the only one who missed easy shots.
 We woulda lost by 10+ goals without him. His intensity at the contest all game just accentuated the pathetic lack of intensity by the rest of his teammates

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1076 on: April 07, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Really barking up the wrong tree on this one. Cotchin was outstanding. Yeh he missed a couple early. That wasn't good but he wasn't the only one who missed easy shots.
 We woulda lost by 10+ goals without him. His intensity at the contest all game just accentuated the pathetic lack of intensity by the rest of his teammates

Spot on Dice!!   :clapping

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1077 on: April 07, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »
McCrae 30 disposals at Dis Eff 76.7%
Boyd 29 at 79.3%
Libba 24 at 83.3%

Cotch 28 at 67.9%
Jackson 23 at 52.2%
Thomas 21 at 66.7%
source: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/3/wb-v-rich

Cotch's disposal efficiency was low, but he wasnt on his own there.

As jackstar said, he is a very good player - in fact a very very good player.  Is he elite - yes but not an A plus (like an Ablett or Selwood), just an A.  His missing targets/goals hurts.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1078 on: April 08, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »
McCrae 30 disposals at Dis Eff 76.7%
Boyd 29 at 79.3%
Libba 24 at 83.3%

Cotch 28 at 67.9%
Jackson 23 at 52.2%
Thomas 21 at 66.7%
source: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/3/wb-v-rich

Cotch's disposal efficiency was low, but he wasnt on his own there.

As jackstar said, he is a very good player - in fact a very very good player.  Is he elite - yes but not an A plus (like an Ablett or Selwood), just an A.  His missing targets/goals hurts.

When you're carrying the entire team your DE% is going to drop. I wouldn't be able to kick a goal 10m out if I had to carry an African Elephant on my back. Ablett is just in a class of his own so I'm excluding him as a comparison. But Selwood, has incredible support. So does, Pendlebury. So does Hodge. When you're the only playing having a decent crack and being competitive, you're going to miss a few targets. When the team is actually playing decent football his DE% is going to go up as well because he'll actually have someone to link up with.

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1079 on: April 08, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »
Cotchin's stats this year compared to the rest of the afl elite are poor.

See http://www.afl.com.au/stats

His disposal efficiency out of the top 20 possession getters in the league is ranked only 17th - 60.4% DE, Stevie J 60.2%, Beams 57.3% and Priddis 52.5%
As for the comment he is carrying his team - Nathan Jones 67.8% and he is a man who is carrying his team.
Incidentall, Watson DE is 85.1%, Selwood is 78.7%

Clangers - he is equal first with 15 ie. 5 per game.  Ablett is ranked the same.

Tackles - he is ranked 18th  with 7 tackles, Rosa has 6 and Tyson 4.

Finally, carrying the team has nothing to do with set shots for goal there is no pressure and 30 secs to kick the darn thing- 1.1.OOTF (Out On The Full)

People need to take the blinkers off when analysing Cotch a bit - yes great player.  But he has some faults - intensity is not one of them.

On field leadership - not yet there.  Where are the rest of the leadership group though?  Chapling was kicking it to the oppostion from 15 metres - that was stellar.