Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402869 times)

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1635 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:36 PM »
If Cotch isn't the captain we need then who is?  Going through the leadership group at present isn't all that inspiring - Lids? - nope.  Chappy? - nope!  Jack? - maybe, certainly stood up today, but probably no.  Ivan? - Is the most inspiring leader we have but I think he's past his best.  Morris? - not while playing seconds ... 

Is it time to look at a young gun?
Vlaustin? 
Dusty?  Wow, I even surprised myself then ... powerful player though ...
Rance?  Deserves it, but I think its hard to captain from full back ...
Miles?  Could be the first to come off the rookie list to rise to captain ...

I'm running dry ... & that's the problem!  Who would do better than Cotch?   Anybody?     :help
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1636 on: September 13, 2015, 11:35:33 PM »
I like the idea of a backman or forward as captain. Leaves the mids to just do their job. Cotch should and wojld play inspiring footy regardless whether he's captain and ever since he's had the role it's almost like it's been too much for him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1637 on: September 14, 2015, 12:09:32 AM »

Wouldn't be the first

No More

« Reply #1638 on: September 14, 2015, 01:58:18 AM »
Agree WP. We stink of Carlton 5 years ago. Huge reliance on Lids, Cotch and Martin just like Judd Murphy and Gibbs. Never went deep in final.

We need more midfield quality. Bleeding you obvious. Need to be a huge off field season for us. Have to land an elite mid. Have to.

This is true. We are like Carlton under Ratten. Inside the 4 walls they thought they were close ... ie with all their slogans about them coming and stuff but in effect they were no where and now they are finished. We are on the precipice. We either bring in big name players to break this cycle of finals losses or we must be prepared to go back to the bottom and start again.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1639 on: September 14, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »
If Cotch isn't the captain we need then who is?  Going through the leadership group at present isn't all that inspiring - Lids? - nope.  Chappy? - nope!  Jack? - maybe, certainly stood up today, but probably no.  Ivan? - Is the most inspiring leader we have but I think he's past his best.  Morris? - not while playing seconds ... 

Is it time to look at a young gun?
Vlaustin? 
Dusty?  Wow, I even surprised myself then ... powerful player though ...
Rance?  Deserves it, but I think its hard to captain from full back ...

I'm running dry ... & that's the problem!  Who would do better than Cotch?   Anybody?     :help

Jack isn't even in the leadership group hasn't been for 2 seasons

Up until yesterday I'd have said Vlaustin, be his decision making yesterday was almost as horrid as his disposal. Choked on the big stage so now too many question marks

rance is the obvious one but based on his 2 finals with us  - Miles is now certainly an option

But end of the day we can throw up whoever we like but there wont' be any change....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1640 on: September 14, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
Trent was groomed for way too long for the club to do anything about it now

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1641 on: September 14, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »
Jack should be vice captain. Has balls and passion. A bit of ego is actually a good thing too.
Don't know if Mile's has the voice

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1642 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:03 PM »
Jack should be vice captain. Has balls and passion. A bit of ego is actually a good thing too.

what difference do you expect it will make ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1643 on: September 14, 2015, 01:38:46 PM »

Having a better, more inspiring captain can make a difference in a number of ways that i'm sure you are clever enough to work out. Might actually allow Cotch to be a better player too.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1644 on: September 14, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »

Having a better, more inspiring captain can make a difference in a number of ways that i'm sure you are clever enough to work out. Might actually allow Cotch to be a better player too.

rance is inspiring

naming he captain will not change anything

i really dont see how in reality it will make a difference
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1645 on: September 14, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »
Trent has been good most of the year but had a shocker, its not his first and wont be he last, all players have them.

Dimma made some comments about players sometimes having to fight their own battles and to a extent I agree but I do think yesterday he could of been given more of a hand. There are many things that could of been tried to help break the tag that I didnt see.

1. Send him deep and "one out" into the foward line. A hard tag is not so effective "one out" in that zone.
2. Send him to match up on one of their mids. Three players running around together leaves us with a free mid and I have seen that may times break a tag.
3. Send him to man up on the loose man they had in our foward line, again three running around together.
4. Dont couple him at bounces with see ball get ball types (Miles, Lambert). You need a different type of player in there to block for him as well as the bottom of the pack types. This though is not so effective when you are roving to the opp ruckman.

I dont know if a captian has the licence to try these sorts of things himself (doubt it) so trying these things probably not a failure of Trent, more so of the coaches box.

There are many reasons we lost yesterday, Trent having a shocker was only one of them. When I get a chance to watch it all again I MIGHT post a full list of reasons I think we lost. No point posting much when its all so emotional atm.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1646 on: September 14, 2015, 01:45:54 PM »
Trent has been good most of the year but had a shocker, its not his first and wont be he last, all players have them.

Dimma made some comments about players sometimes having to fight their own battles and to a extent I agree but I do think yesterday he could of been given more of a hand. There are many things that could of been tried to help break the tag that I didnt see.

1. Send him deep and "one out" into the foward line. A hard tag is not so effective "one out" in that zone.
2. Send him to match up on one of their mids. Three players running around together leaves us with a free mid and I have seen that may times break a tag.
3. Send him to man up on the loose man they had in our foward line, again three running around together.
4. Dont couple him at bounces with see ball get ball types (Miles, Lambert). You need a different type of player in there to block for him as well as the bottom of the pack types. This though is not so effective when you are roving to the opp ruckman.

I dont know if a captian has the licence to try these sorts of things himself (doubt it) so trying these things probably not a failure of Trent, more so of the coaches box.

There are many reasons we lost yesterday, Trent having a shocker was only one of them. When I get a chance to watch it all again I MIGHT post a full list of reasons I think we lost. No point posting much when its all so emotional atm.

great post

especially #1

i cant understand why he wasn't sent to FF

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1647 on: September 14, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
I agree Dimma could have tried something to help him out, but saying 'he had a shocker' is letting him off way too lightly.
That is the third final in a row where he has failed to impose himself.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1648 on: September 14, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
I agree Dimma could have tried something to help him out, but saying 'he had a shocker' is letting him off way too lightly.

is he playing hurt?

why wasnt he rested last week?

:whistle

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1649 on: September 14, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »

I think you will find he had the most of the ball for us in 2013 against Carlton. That said he hasnt "imposed" himself like we know he can and the way we have seen him do in other games. This is a concern but is ONLY ONE of the many reasons we lost yesterday. As I said its all to emotional and volitile to really get into in depth and logical reasoning atm.  Its a team game and that team is more than the 22 on the selection sheet. Trent is far from the worst of the problems.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!