Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402827 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1905 on: August 28, 2016, 06:17:51 PM »
Richmond B Graders.

Troy Chaplin   25   215
Shane Edwards   10   187
Shaun Grigg   6   167
Ivan Maric   20   157
Bachar Houli   14   149
Tyrone Vickery   29   119
Christopher Yarran   13   119
Brandon Ellis   5   110
Taylor Hunt   28   103
Shaun Hampson   16   98
Steven Morris   38   86
Jake Batchelor   11   83
Reece Conca   30   80

Would of been easier to invade rome marching elephants over the alps
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1906 on: August 28, 2016, 06:19:21 PM »
You're being extremely generous calling them B graders.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1907 on: August 28, 2016, 06:20:33 PM »
'Richmond' b graders

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1908 on: August 28, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
Oh, I see.... :banghead

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1909 on: August 28, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »
Most of you seem to be defending Cotchin as a player rather than as a leader.

To me, he shows no signs of being a good leader.

Saying that he was he only one who tried yesterday is actually an indictment on his leadership because it shows that his teammates don't want to go with him.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1910 on: August 28, 2016, 06:31:39 PM »

Saying that he was he only one who tried yesterday is actually an indictment on his leadership because it shows that his teammates don't want to go with him.
Harsh. The best leadership is leading by example. He did that. Would you rather he ranted a raved about their performances? That's the coaches job.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1911 on: August 28, 2016, 06:33:36 PM »

:clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1912 on: August 28, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »

Harsh. The best leadership is leading by example. He did that. Would you rather he ranted a raved about their performances? That's the coaches job.

He is now punchin and gettin into scuffles too , after the whinging he didn't go that enough

Like rance another that could benefit from the odd chop out

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1913 on: August 28, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »

He only was able to do it when they had benched the stars and the others were warming down.
Let's be honest.
Sure, he had a crack.....then.
Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1914 on: August 28, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »
Had a gutfull of people blaming other people for the teammates not being professional and playing to the full extent of their abilities and expectations.

If you don't like a bloke: fair enough. If you won't play for you captain cause you don't like him then pee off and go play for someone else. Not an acceptable excuse.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1915 on: August 28, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »

Sorry, i disagree.
Leading by example is important but real leadership is setting a standard that your team or employees respect and aspire to reach.Real leadership can be measured when you are away from your system to see how it operates. Leadership is about everyone knowing what is required and understanding all are accountable if they fail.
This is why Hawthorn are so good. They recruit well but more importantly anyone can step up because of the standards that are set by their leaders.
I bet at hawthorn the standards are so high they wouldnt think twice about picking up a piece of rubbish if they saw it in the hallway. At richmond they all leave and let someone from the leadership group (Maric) cleanup.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1916 on: August 28, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »

Sorry, i disagree.
Leading by example is important but real leadership is setting a standard that your team or employees respect and aspire to reach.Real leadership can be measured when you are away from your system to see how it operates. Leadership is about everyone knowing what is required and understanding all are accountable if they fail.
This is why Hawthorn are so good. They recruit well but more importantly anyone can step up because of the standards that are set by their leaders.
I bet at hawthorn the standards are so high they wouldnt think twice about picking up a piece of rubbish if they saw it in the hallway. At richmond they all leave and let someone from the leadership group (Maric) cleanup.
Hawthorn have many leaders. Who has Cotch got to back him up? Not many I would suggest. He was voted by his peers as being their captain too so they must think he is a decent leader. I think the has very little support in setting standards and therein lies the problem.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1917 on: August 28, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »

Interesting point. If players don't want to go with him they don't deserve the right to put on a jumper. A strong willed driven individual will always play to the best of their ability with or without the leader being on the field. Cotchin shows great leadership in his actions and if this is not good enough for some to want to play for him..... They can pee off!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1918 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:14 PM »

:clapping

Interesting point. If players don't want to go with him they don't deserve the right to put on a jumper. A strong willed driven individual will always play to the best of their ability with or without the leader being on the field. Cotchin shows great leadership in his actions and if this is not good enough for some to want to play for him..... They can pee off!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1919 on: August 28, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »

Sorry, i disagree.
Hawthorn have many leaders. Who has Cotch got to back him up? Not many I would suggest. He was voted by his peers as being their captain too so they must think he is a decent leader. I think the has very little support in setting standards and therein lies the problem.

Perhaps you're right, but we were talking about leading by example as you pointed out. Lack of leaders helping him is evident but they are the ones that he and Dimma should have on side already. If middle management aren't following instructions or instilling the cultural practises than what hope does joe blogs (player #38 on the list) have of doing it.

I think Cotch was a ripping playing and perhaps under the right conditions a good captain but certainly now would I suggest either.
I would like to see changes across the board in the off season and hopefully bringing in some quality indviduals both playing wise and attitude will help steer the ship on field.

Watching Treloar today for the pies further reinforces why the club should have opened their wallets deeper. Great player and on field leader.
Has had a great season and whilst we wouldn't have made finals off the back of one guy bringing in these quality players/leaders sure does a lot to fix the stinking culture that is at Richmond.

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S