Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402978 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1950 on: November 16, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
Plenty of champs never got a brownlow.  It is awarded for the year and Cotch and Mitchell were both worthy.  Cotch would be much better in a more solid midfield, maybe this year we will see him able to play to his strengths now it is bolstered.
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #1951 on: November 16, 2016, 01:41:34 PM »
Just cut out the silly dinky kicks(which he did cut down this season) and he's a gun. Dont know why that crept into his game (i have my theories) but the sooner he drops that bad habit the better for him and his reputation. Is copping an absolute bashing on social media

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1952 on: November 16, 2016, 01:53:00 PM »
Hows on SEN with the consensus being that by handing the Brownlow back, Watson has "added" to the already high level of integrity the Brownlow carries.

No lads, the fact that he cheated and created this situation, then hung onto it for 4 years has "reduced" the integrity of the medal.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Ivan

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1953 on: November 16, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
Just cut out the silly dinky kicks(which he did cut down this season) and he's a gun. Dont know why that crept into his game (i have my theories) but the sooner he drops that bad habit the better for him and his reputation. Is copping an absolute bashing on social media

Why has chimp stagnated?

My theory contain the coach and club being morons.

Congrats to the lad. A tiger legend. 26 years old.  Still could be anything

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1954 on: January 25, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »
VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-01-24/cotchins-camp-experience-qldcamp

------------------------------------------

Cotchin committed to helping his teammates

afl.com.au
January 25, 2017

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin says he is committed to helping his teammates develop, as he prepares for his 10th season at Tigerland.

Speaking from the Sunshine Coast, where the Tigers are in the thick of a week-long pre-season camp, Cotchin said he remained focused on getting the best out of his teammates.

“The areas I’m focusing on don’t change from day-to-day back at the footy club,” Cotchin said.

“The thing I value most about life and footy more importantly, is that I want to get the best out of myself, probably more importantly I want to get the best out of my teammates.

“Whether that be helping them on the track, off the track, with weights, whatever it is.

“I’m not the best at everything, so there’s little things that I can take away from working with other guys that are really good in a certain area, but if I can help them in any way I’ll do what I can.”

The Tigers arrived on the Sunshine Coast on Sunday afternoon and have been put through a tough training schedule.

Cotchin said the camp provided players with the perfect opportunity to stand up as leaders.

“It’s the perfect opportunity for guys to feel more comfortable about who they are first and foremost, and how they fit in amongst the group,” he said.

“We’re probably too early days to see a real shift in that, but there’s always guys that stand up.

“There’s going to be really challenging times, whether that be in training or the outside activities that we do together, where some guys start to go away from what is most important about that session.

“There’s other guys that stand up and bring them back in so it’s really enjoyable to watch, especially when you take a seat and watch that and allow guys the opportunity to stand up and lead.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-01-25/cotchin-committed-to-helping-his-teammates

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1955 on: January 25, 2017, 03:59:31 PM »
Good to see he has finally committed to helping his teammates. Unless i have read it wrongly?

But why else come out to say he is committed to helping now? Was he not helping for the first 4 years of his captaincy?
"Sliding doors moment.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1956 on: January 25, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
Hope he helps them out less by trying to bring them into the game by short kicks and instead pumps it long.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1957 on: January 26, 2017, 07:18:50 AM »
Side issue expecting to cop whacks

My understanding is while up on the Sunshine Coast they are voting for the leadership group which includes captain & vice captain

This article says he is the captain. If they haven't voted shouldn't it worded a little different? Or has the decision been made and the vote makes no difference  :huh3

Just comes across as sloppy

Whack away  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1958 on: January 26, 2017, 07:58:49 AM »
Side issue expecting to cop whacks

My understanding is while up on the Sunshine Coast they are voting for the leadership group which includes captain & vice captain

This article says he is the captain. If they haven't voted shouldn't it worded a little different? Or has the decision been made and the vote makes no difference  :huh3

Just comes across as sloppy

Whack away  ;D

Based on what I've heard, while Hardwick is coach it won't matter who votes. It's like an election in a west African nation.
What's sloppy is the way the club is currently ing run
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1959 on: January 26, 2017, 09:22:40 AM »
Good to see he has finally committed to helping his teammates. Unless i have read it wrongly?

But why else come out to say he is committed to helping now? Was he not helping for the first 4 years of his captaincy?

Yes he was helping, alway has and alway will.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1960 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
Fingers crossed the playing group makes Rance or Jack captain and vice.

Relinquish Cotchin of the responsibility and let him get back to best form...

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1961 on: January 26, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »

Then why the need to state it now? To reinforce him as captain? Shows the contempt the club has wiith the fans, who they think are idiots.
"Sliding doors moment.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1962 on: January 26, 2017, 03:44:31 PM »

Then why the need to state it now? To reinforce him as captain? Shows the contempt the club has wiith the fans, who they think are idiots.

Don't think this is the first time he has publicly stated this. Are you ready too much into this?

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1963 on: January 26, 2017, 05:02:12 PM »

Don't think this is the first time he has publicly stated this. Are you ready too much into this?
Journos ask questions, they get answered, then they write articles.
Jouurno driven drivel story

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1964 on: January 26, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »

Journos ask questions, they get answered, then they write articles.
Jouurno driven drivel story

The article is a club release
"Sliding doors moment.