Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402914 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1995 on: May 10, 2017, 02:23:23 PM »
Unfairly maligned by the football experts on this site.. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1996 on: May 10, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
Yes, "experts":

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1997 on: May 10, 2017, 05:58:19 PM »
Maybe if his dopey coach hadn't sat with his thumb up his arse all match as usual he might've stood a better chance...

To be fair thats a valid point.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1998 on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
Has been below par for a few weeks now and it's really unacceptable.
Captain needs to extract the digit.

Let's hope he has a great last game of the year leading into the finals series, we really need him to be at his best and he's much better than the pee poor performances he's dishing up at the moment.

The club that keeps giving.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1999 on: August 24, 2017, 07:42:33 PM »
Has been below par for a few weeks now and it's really unacceptable.
Captain needs to extract the digit.

Let's hope he has a great last game of the year leading into the finals series, we really need him to be at his best and he's much better than the pee poor performances he's dishing up at the moment.
Is he on notice?

Difference between "pee poor" and below par for mine. Still getting crucial touches, aside from which he often extracts wins in contests that don't go down as stats (important taps, sheppards etc). Tackle count has been very good.

Not producing the exceptionally elite performances we've been accustomed to. I think its a fair comment to say he's been down a bit lately. Totally unfair to "put him on notice" and describe them as "pee poor".

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2000 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:47 PM »
Totally agree not putting out enough input for the quality player he is.We need him firing for finals.Needs to break tag to.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2001 on: August 24, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »
Is he on notice?

Difference between "pee poor" and below par for mine. Still getting crucial touches, aside from which he often extracts wins in contests that don't go down as stats (important taps, sheppards etc). Tackle count has been very good.

Not producing the exceptionally elite performances we've been accustomed to. I think its a fair comment to say he's been down a bit lately. Totally unfair to "put him on notice" and describe them as "pee poor".
Answer this question. If Grigg or Houli had the same output in the last 2 to 3 weeks as Cotchin would you be asking for him to be dropped?

I really think if he wasn't captain their would be a lot more people questioning his output in the last few weeks. Granted his past efforts have given him some grace but he has failed in finals more times than not and our team needs him more than ever to be at his best leading into this finals series.

Totally agree not putting out enough input for the quality player he is.We need him firing for finals.Needs to break tag to.
:thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2002 on: August 26, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »
Unfairly maligned? Is his current output enough for an elite?

Do you think he needs to lift this week?

Do you think he needs to lift in the finals?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2003 on: August 26, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »

If you actually look at games without looking at stats, you see him throwing his body in without fear. He also gets important taps out going our way and intercepts opposition handballs.

Yes, he hasn't been at his best but he has contributed. We have won the majority of games in the second half of the year and he has led well.

I agree that he has to lead from the front during this years finals, but I am happy to give him that chance. He was our best player in the 2013 Elim but was below par in the next two. All our leaders need to lift when it counts though, not just him.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2004 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »

If you actually look at games without looking at stats, you see him throwing his body in without fear. He also gets important taps out going our way and intercepts opposition handballs.

Yes, he hasn't been at his best but he has contributed. We have won the majority of games in the second half of the year and he has led well.

I agree that he has to lead from the front during this years finals, but I am happy to give him that chance. He was our best player in the 2013 Elim but was below par in the next two. All our leaders need to lift when it counts though, not just him.
Absolutely imperative.  :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2005 on: August 27, 2017, 04:00:08 AM »
As a football expert, ill just say this - he wouldnt want to turn to water AGAIN in finals otherwise his name will be mud.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2006 on: August 27, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
I'm backing him in. Forget the talk of pressure Cotch, just go out and do your stuff.

This year is when he comes of age as a captain.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2007 on: August 27, 2017, 10:34:31 AM »
I'm backing him in. Forget the talk of pressure Cotch, just go out and do your stuff.

This year is when he comes of age as a captain.

Let's hope he does his job
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2008 on: August 27, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »
Cotch has been awesome this year. Not sure what you Bozzo's are going on about.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2009 on: August 27, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »
As part of his desire to be hungry around the football I would like to know how many frees he has given up by diving at the ball. It might be me but we seem to have alot of these types of free kicks paid against us and a majority involve Cotch.

I feel when he is heavily tagged he thinks that its one way to involve himself but could be detrimental in a finals game. We need the coaches to look at the way other teams do it but don't make it as obvious and manage to get ball ups in similar situations e.g. the Swans.

Alot of what Cotch offers isn't always obvious especially to those who only get to watch games on TV but he does have a habit of going missing for periods which used to have major impact but now with an even spread of midfield ball winners we can get away with at times.