Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402891 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2025 on: September 09, 2017, 02:14:18 AM »
watching replay with tissues handy for his goal in final qtr
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #2026 on: September 09, 2017, 02:17:50 AM »
Our first goal of the forth I think it was he won a ball he had no right to. Wins the ball on the deck and kicks it out from the bottom of the pack. A few other players got involved before we goalled but that's where it started.

Offline 1885

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2027 on: September 09, 2017, 02:29:39 AM »
Trade for 2nd rounder

>:(

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2028 on: September 09, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
He is a genuine star :cheers

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2029 on: September 09, 2017, 08:56:18 AM »
watching replay with tissues handy for his goal in final qtr

For your eyes or....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #2030 on: September 09, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
Love how hard and brutal he was at the contest and the man, was absolutley smashing the cats into the turf in the tackle and his desperation to win the ball set the tone for the team.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2031 on: September 09, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2032 on: September 09, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »
Love how hard and brutal he was at the contest and the man, was absolutley smashing the cats into the turf in the tackle and his desperation to win the ball set the tone for the team.
This.

Set the tone early of what minimum standards were expected. Turned himself into a human battering ram.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2033 on: September 09, 2017, 04:16:57 PM »
This.

Set the tone early of what minimum standards were expected. Turned himself into a human battering ram.

Yep

He was exceptional
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2034 on: September 09, 2017, 11:21:24 PM »
Richmond captain Trent Cotchin brushes aside past finals showings to produce star performance

LAUREN WOOD,
Herald Sun
9 September 2017

IT had crossed Trent Cotchin’s mind, but the Richmond skipper brushed aside the ghosts of finals past to deliver a blistering captain’s performance on Friday night.

Richmond reached the finals for three years running from 2013, the third of which being a 2015 MCG elimination final against North Melbourne that saw Ben Jacobs run with Cotchin and restrict the star Tiger to just nine possessions with three kicks.

Fast-forward to Friday night’s 51-point win over Geelong — which secured the rampant Tigers a home preliminary final in a fortnight — and Cotchin set the tone early before going on to gather 20 disposals, lay nine hard-hitting tackles and boot an electrifying captain’s goal.

He said he had learned to accept what had happened from 2013-2015, had grown and a person and, come Friday night, was ready to atone.

“100 per cent it’s popped into my head during the week and having the bye you have that extra week (to think about it),” Cotchin said.

“But you just accept that that happened.

“We’re a different team. I think I’m a different player, and I value different things to what I have in the past. And it’s a different group. It’s good.”

The “proud” 27-year-old said that the team has carried the weight of those disappointments. Not anymore.

“You do (carry that weight) ... not so much in individual performances, but as a team over the last three efforts in finals,” the captain said.

“The reality is, that’s the history, but we’ve just got to focus on the now which we’ve been pretty strong at. And we’ve still got some areas to improve but we look forward to working on those over the next two weeks and waiting eagerly to see who we’ll be playing.”

Former Richmond assistant coach David King said on SEN that the Tigers’ “unique crowd ... want so much for Trent Cotchin to be the star”, describing his performance on Friday night as “constant”.

It is a result, Cotchin said, of both him and Richmond doing its fair share of growing up.

“The basis of that growth is just about guys being comfortable with who they are rather than trying to be someone that they’re not,” he said.

“If you’re constantly just showing up and being yourself — to the world, not just to the football club — then you live a pretty happy life.

“If you’re happy, you typically perform pretty well. We all have our downs at times, but that energy and that environment has helped players bounce back from having those down moments.”

Not only do they now play with the freedom that now sees them in a preliminary final, but the Tigers have learned to live with freedom, too.

“Probably. I think we were probably trying to pigeonhole everyone into being one sort of person,” Cotchin said.

“Now, we complement each other and it’s a real strength.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-captain-trent-cotchin-brushes-aside-past-finals-showings-to-produce-star-performance/news-story/d78aa4e676b7ab2823db9b31f4151490

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2035 on: September 09, 2017, 11:22:31 PM »
Trent Cotchin cleans up rubbish in changerooms

Herald Sun
9 September 2017

TRENT Cotchin was lauded for his leadership in Richmond’s massive qualifying final win.

The Tigers captain threw himself at the footy and his opponents from the first bounce until the final siren against Geelong, leading from the front with the one-percenters that coaches love in finals.

And he was still switched on well after the final siren.

Cotchin was the last player to leave the MCG, and his final act was picking up rubbish from under chairs in the changerooms. He even had the presence of mind to put the used Gatorade bottles in the red recycling bin.

“As Trent was leaving he noticed a bit of rubbish in the rooms and thought, ‘That’s not good enough’, so he decided to clean it up — and that shows what sort of bloke he is,” Cameron Ling noted on Channel 7.

Cotchin has clearly accepted the baton of retired Tiger favourite Ivan Maric, who made a name for himself cleaning up the Tigers rooms.

Coach Damien Hardwick is one of Cotchin’s biggest fans.

“That’s why he is the captain. He was outstanding today — smashed in, contested ball … everything you want your captain to do, he led from the front.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/trent-cotchin-leads-from-the-front-cleaning-up-rubbish-in-richmond-changerooms/news-story/97bd3c191a9e684d37687166335fe682

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2036 on: September 10, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »
2 from 4 now...  :clapping :gotigers
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2037 on: September 10, 2017, 03:00:49 PM »
2 from 4 now...  :clapping :gotigers

Yep. 3 from 5 and the 4 from 6 and all will be right with the world!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2038 on: September 10, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
Just out of interest for someone who could not be at the game, was Cotchin tagged?

Difficult to tell on the TV.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2039 on: September 10, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »
IIRC Guthrie and another Geelong player who I can't immediately recall -Stewart I think- were rotating between Cotchin  & Martin, then Stewart was swapping between them after Guthrie went down but pretty much just gave up in the last...

stuff I just finished watching the match again on IQ too....mind you I've had a few....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.