Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211541 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rance Retires Effectively Immediately to Focus on Family & Faith
« Reply #2700 on: June 27, 2021, 06:28:51 PM »
Boy oh boy if only the stars had aligned and we had picked him back up in the MSD.

I'd make him captain right now tbh and I'd feel a heck of a lot better going into both the WCE and Saints games.

He didn't nominate or if he was automatically nominated and he removed himself from the draft (not sure which it was under the MSD)  so we couldn't pick him up

He isn't coming back not just to the Tigers but the AFL

Hence I said if only the stars had aligned.

I knew it was never an option.

But 'if only'. Could really use him right now.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2701 on: June 27, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »
Boy oh boy if only the stars had aligned and we had picked him back up in the MSD.

I'd make him captain right now tbh and I'd feel a heck of a lot better going into both the WCE and Saints games.

He didn't nominate or if he was automatically nominated and he removed himself from the draft (not sure which it was under the MSD)  so we couldn't pick him up

Agree

Time for young Ben Miller
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2702 on: June 27, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »

Agree

Time for young Ben Miller

Should have a handful of games under his belt by now (since Astbury went down). At least he would have had Balta and Broad there to help guide and direct him.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2704 on: July 22, 2021, 10:35:37 PM »
So he can be ready to replace astbury in 2022 🙂

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2705 on: July 22, 2021, 10:54:47 PM »
Please no not essendrug

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2706 on: July 23, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
For a pair of blokes that wanted out of the industry, they sure love still love being a part of it :shh

I speak of Rance and Leppa here.

Unlikely he would though given his trek to Nepal didn't go ahead. Hard to see him come back if things open up, which would allow that happen in 2022.

Agree Andy, not the drugos. They have a pretty good list and he would make them an even better team. I suspect truck is in his ear big time, just like he is with his Chol.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2707 on: July 23, 2021, 08:15:49 AM »
Rance and Leppa are two blokes I'd love to have back.

There is clearly another issue with Leppa that caused him to leave. Hopefully it was only soft cap and nothing more serious.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2708 on: July 23, 2021, 09:23:32 AM »
Move on Rance is gone good luck to him we won 2 flags  without him wouldn't even go there.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2709 on: July 23, 2021, 09:30:41 AM »
Turning 32 this year, no thanks

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2710 on: July 23, 2021, 01:22:08 PM »
Hope he doesnt tarnish his good name by going to Essendon. 

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2711 on: July 23, 2021, 01:49:55 PM »
Why would he play there and not with us?

What is the point of this Alex?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2712 on: July 23, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
Why would he play there and not with us?

What is the point of this Alex?

apparently they are playing Southport on the Goldy & Tross is up there holidaying

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick backs in Rance comeback, except it’s in the ‘wrong sash’

Damien Ractliffe
The Age
July 23, 2021 — 12.29pm

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick joked he would have preferred Alex Rance’s comeback would be “in our colours” ahead of the premiership defender’s return to football with Essendon’s VFL side this weekend.

Rance, 31, hasn’t played since he tore his ACL against Carlton in the 2019 season-opener, but was named to play for the Bombers as a top-up player when they face Southport on Sunday.

“Wrong sash Alex! what’s he doing?” Hardwick, who won a premiership in 2000 as a player at Essendon, quipped at his press conference on Friday.

“Alex is a guy that just loves playing the game.

“He’ll probably enjoy the game, it will be interesting to see how he goes – he hasn’t played for an extended period, but he’s one of the greatest players I’ve ever seen play the game so hopefully he goes okay.

“I’d just prefer it was in our colours, not so much Essendon’s.”

Hardwick said he hadn’t chatted to Rance for some time, but added if Rance wanted to make a comeback he would back in the five-time All-Australian.

“He’s one of the more athletically gifted players I have ever seen play the game so if there was ever a person going to come back after a three-year lay-off, it might be Alex, I’m not too sure,” Hardwick said.

“What his mindset is, it is challenging. Has he had some time to freshen up? Once again I’m not too sure, but I’ll back Alex in whichever way he goes, to be honest.

“He’s such an incredible player to play the game and I think we’d all agree that he did retire early, but we understand his reasonings behind that. If he came back to the game it would be a good thing, the game would be better for it.

“The challenge is set for him, we’ll see how he goes on the weekend and how it transpires from there.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hardwick-backs-in-rance-comeback-except-it-s-in-the-wrong-sash-20210723-p58cbu.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2714 on: July 25, 2021, 06:47:50 PM »
Former Richmond champion Alex Rance did some good things for Essendon's VFL side as the Bombers fell to a narrow four-point loss to Southport.

Rance looked like he hadn't been out of the game for too long as he amassed 18 disposals, four marks and two hitouts down back for the Bombers while matched up against ex-Bulldog Billy Gowers.

While the 31-year-old looked solid at VFL level, he said shortly after the match that he wasn't looking at making a full-time comeback to football.

"This is not a comeback!" Rance's Instagram post read.

"Playing for the Essendon VFL this weekend was simply a happy accident and a 1 time thing.

"I was visiting my family on the Gold Coast and with COVID restrictions the VFL needed some fill ins... I love the life balance I have now, with my priorities shifting and professional football not dominating my life."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/651683/around-the-state-leagues-ex-tiger-s-one-off-return-sun-s-rampage-freo-blow