Author Topic: 15 Tigers over 190cm  (Read 6217 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
15 Tigers over 190cm
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »
Most are cubs and unproven but it makes a nice change to have 15 talls on our list now. Finally the structure of our list is back into some balance height wise.

Rucks:    (>198):      3   - Graham, Putt, Cartledge#

Big Talls: (194-198):  4   - Richo, Pattison, Polak, Simmonds

Talls:       (190-193):  8   - Thursfield, McGuane, Hughes, Schulz, Riewoldt, Rance, Gourdis, Silvester#

Tall Mids: (186-189): 11   - J.Bowden, Casserly, Deledio, Jackson, Johnson, Cogs, Hyde, Moore, Oakley-Nicholls, Polo, Tuck   

Mid Mids: (180-185): 15   - Brown, Collins, Connors, Cotchin, Edwards, McMahon, Meyer, Morton, Newman, Pettifer, Raines, Tambling, Tivendale, Collard#, Howat#

Small Mids (<180): 3   - Foley, White, King

(Ages at 01/01/2008)

32: Richo
29: J.Bowden, Brown, Johnson, Simmonds
28: Tivendale
---------------------
27: -
26: Tuck
25: Coughlan, Hyde, Newman, Pettifer
24: McMahon
23: Moore, Polak, King
---------------------
22: Foley, Schulz, Silvester#, Cartledge#, Howat#
21: Raines, Jackson, Meyer, Pattison, Polo, Tambling, Thursfield
20: Casserly, Deledio, Hughes, McGuane, Morton, White, Graham
19: Collins, Connors, Edwards, JON, Riewoldt, Collard#
18: Cotchin, Rance, Putt, Gourdis

Oldies:   (28+)     6
Mids:   (23-27)     9
Youth: (17-22)    29 (including 4 rookies)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:28:58 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: 15 Tigers over 190cm
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
Even if Wallace doesn't bring us the premiership success we crave, i hope people at least remember him for the job he has done fixing up Frawley's train crash

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »
I am pleased with the sheer number of talent we have aged 17-22.

However the list is still not very balanced. We only have 12 players older than Kelvin Moore, whom is not yet 24.
We only have 6 players older than Tuck, not yet 26 years old. The age gap between Tuck and Tivendale (26-29) is troubling. Geelong have the like of Mooney, Ling, Scarlett etc. in this age group.

It will be intersting to see if we have any success with Richo/Brown/Simmonds/Bowden with the 2004 draft crop. If we don't achive it by 2009 or so, then we may need another mini-rebuild while our current 29+ year olds retire.
Realisticly, it's doubtful we will be pushing for a flag untill Coughlan/Tuck/Pettifer/Newman/McMahon become our new leadership ground.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:16 PM »

However the list is still not very balanced. We only have 12 players older than Kelvin Moore, whom is not yet 24.

We only have 6 players older than Tuck, not yet 26 years old.

The age gap between Tuck and Tivendale (26-29) is troubling.
The gap is narrowing all the time

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »

We only have 6 players older than Tuck, not yet 26 years old.

yep, going forward we will have a very strong 24-29 year old group when we are strongly challenging for a premiership :gotigers

richmondrules

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:26:35 PM »

We only have 6 players older than Tuck, not yet 26 years old. The age gap between Tuck and Tivendale (26-29) is troubling. Geelong have the like of Mooney, Ling, Scarlett etc. in this age group.

It will be intersting to see if we have any success with Richo/Brown/Simmonds/Bowden with the 2004 draft crop. If we don't achive it by 2009 or so, then we may need another mini-rebuild while our current 29+ year olds retire.
Realisticly, it's doubtful we will be pushing for a flag untill Coughlan/Tuck/Pettifer/Newman/McMahon become our new leadership ground.

The end of year 3 in a 5 year plan. It was 5 (?) or more years ago that Geelong was at the same stage in development as we are now. They have only just won a flag. It will be a while yet (unless we are VERY lucky) until we taste the sort of success Geelong are now enjoying. Doesn't mean we won't have any fun though. Your last sentence sums our position up nicely I think.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 01:44:51 PM »

We only have 6 players older than Tuck, not yet 26 years old. The age gap between Tuck and Tivendale (26-29) is troubling.

Not much we can do about that unless we do the stupid thing and top up with 23-27 year old duds. Thankfully we haven't. Only in time will the age bracket problem disappear. Basically when the current age groups move into the next bracket. So we're probably still 4 years away.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 02:07:04 PM »
I was starting to think we were aiming to recruit all the Ompa Lompas from the Chocolate Factory plus all the seven dwarves before this draft changed my mind. ;) Having so many talls (and athletic talls at that!) allows us the luxury of having them compete for positions and being able to make hard choices during selection. If we can get more height, skill and speed up either end and pace through the middle we will be hard to beat!

So what would be better for the club in 2008 for the future-

Develop a winning culture where we finish between 6th and 12th and then continue to draft the best players available?

or

Finish in the bottom 4 and ensure ourselves another bumper crop of talent?

Stripes

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »
I was starting to think we were aiming to recruit all the Ompa Lompas from the Chocolate Factory plus all the seven dwarves before this draft changed my mind. ;) Having so many talls (and athletic talls at that!) allows us the luxury of having them compete for positions and being able to make hard choices during selection. If we can get more height, skill and speed up either end and pace through the middle we will be hard to beat!

Develop a winning culture where we finish between 6th and 12th and then continue to draft the best players available?

or

Stripes

This one. Already extremely happy with the talent we got, obviously being able to recruit a dan rich or naitanui would be awesome but it would be more of a luxury for us than absolute need.

With the talent we already have we have a strong team projecting forward

B    King, Rance, Thursfield
HB  McMahon, Polak, Casserly
C    Cotchin, Connors, Edwards
HF  Morton, Gourdis, Lids
F    Riewoldt, Hughes/Schulz, Collard
Foll. Pattison, Foley, Tambling

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 06:20:59 PM »

or

Finishing 12th say with 8-9 wins would still see us with a top 5 pick in an apparently strong draft.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 07:13:45 PM »

Is Tuck ageing faster than Tivendale? Has Tivendale found the fountain of youth????

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »

Is Tuck ageing faster than Tivendale? Has Tivendale found the fountain of youth????

bloody hope not  ;D want him out of the joint ASAP

T2

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 02:10:10 AM »
Even if Wallace doesn't bring us the premiership success we crave, i hope people at least remember him for the job he has done fixing up Frawley's train crash

wallace? fixing our list?

the only thing he should be thanked about is getting us cotchin, francis jackson is the one who has done a good job of adressing our needs

if wallace had his way we'd have half the dogs side and the rest made up of local basketballers, he might be a good coach but he cant build a list if his life depended on it

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »

wallace? fixing our list?

the only thing he should be thanked about is getting us cotchin, francis jackson is the one who has done a good job of adressing our needs

if wallace had his way we'd have half the dogs side and the rest made up of local basketballers, he might be a good coach but he cant build a list if his life depended on it

What rubbish!! Wallace plays a very big part in the players we recruit, as does the whole coaching staff. ::) "Ground control to Major tom..." If you think Francis Jackson does everything on his own then you are talking through your hat! I'm fed up with people continually nit picking Wallace's role at the club.
Look at the list now compared to 2004. FWIW, Jackson was only appointed last year. He is doing an excellent job but stop watering down the influence and  involvement that TW has in the selection of players. :banghead

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 01:34:01 PM »

or

Stripes

Stripes, I think you are stop on mate !

That is probably what we are looking at for Season 2008.

But there is a problem !

If we don't make the finals i think that us supporters (or more than 51% of Richmond Supporters) will be after Terry's head.

I personally believe "Terry Wallace" the right coach to lead us to success.

If we are trying to "Re-build etc" then there is no point in sacking a coach who is building up this team.

Continue with Terry who would know better then anyone how these players work.

When i see Foley and Thursfield's play, i think of Terry's belief in them to play.

To me Terry brings (our trys) out players football ability and own self. (which is a coach's job)

Raines is another one under Terry, that was given faith ... a bit like Pettifer too ...

So if we have another 2007 Season, Terry is on edge ...

But, March has said that Terry will be given the whole 5 year contract ...

which is good to hear that ...

and if it takes us that 5th year to make the finals, Terry should still lead this club ...

i can't see us in the 2008 finals ... but if we get in there ... then great ... the best thing would be to win a Finals Match ... which would do our club the God of Good ...

Premiership i can't see looking up to 2009, but if we are "following Geelong's path" ... then there is more "Developing" and "Recruiting" to do ...

Who will be our power forward Post-Richardson i ask?

there are plenty of Young Forwards, but really these next two years we need to see ...

I will personally am looking forward to seeing our next "FORWARD POWERHOUSE" which is what we really need ...

I am happy to see our 5 oldest players play untill 33 if not 34 ... but we can't rely on them ...

i think 2008 and forward ... it is time or our Mid-Age Players to be our Leaders ... ie: Mark Coughlan (Next Richmond Captain) ... either in 2009 or 2010 !