Author Topic: Richo [merged]  (Read 27981 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Richo [merged]
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »
I can't remember who suggested it here (HT74?) but obviously Terry reads your posts lol.

20 goals without Richo up forward and the big fella still kicked 4. A good spread of goalkickers. Terry might have finally woken up that his backside is on the line and the buck stops with him with decisions. Joel out and Richo on the wing  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

Re: Richo on a wing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »
Most posters on here have said either isolate him in the goal sqaure or play him behind the ball or up the ground, wouldnt have to be a brain surgeon to work that. Wallet read OER, wouldnt think so

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »
That was the role Richo was born to play. But everytime I get excited that Terry is finally using Richo the way he should he goes back to the same old Richo :banghead

Richo on the wing  :pray

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:52 PM »
and my emails!!!!!

about time too!!!

now terry must keep him there

our fwd pressure, skills tackling, shepharding, run, game plan, was awesome today.

was that rfc , was i dreaming, i cant effing believe how good all our plyers were today.

we had 22 contributors and winners today

polak once his goalkicking confidence is up could be anything

tambling, was damn blooidy good

jack jnr was fantastic, and with edwards provided so much fwd pressure it was not funny! well done

white didnt run on th espot and was good.

freos fwd line was meant to be potent but our young and inexperienced back line, led by jordan mcmahon were gr8

thursty, mguane, king, moore and schulz ! well done

foley = champion
tambling showed why he was picked at for and was superb in and under, who needs buddy.
sugar, ffs , he was on fire and only stuffed up once, played like a leader and premiership player for once

simmonds was betetr but patto , whenever he is on the ground he really does well.

morton could have had a standout game if he kicked striaight

brown is starting to get his zip back and so is deledio.

hyde  was honest and very important in th efirst half

jack reiwoldt, for all those who say he cant perform on the big stage, looked super composed, great skills either side and knows how to use his body in contested situations.

we are 2-2 and have some hope, not getting ahead of ourselves, but last week we had no hope, this week we have hope!

lets back it up and beat the dogs, we can do it!

Tigermonk

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:34:46 PM »
I can't remember who suggested it here (HT74?) but obviously Terry reads your posts lol.

20 goals without Richo up forward and the big fella still kicked 4. A good spread of goalkickers. Terry might have finally woken up that his backside is on the line and the buck stops with him with decisions. Joel out and Richo on the wing  :clapping.

;D thanks MT you think he reads my posts l hope he does

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »
How good does Richo look taking a mark on the HBF.

50/50 ball between some faggoty Freo flanker vs Richo  8)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:49:35 PM »
Richo seemed to be everywhere :bow :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
Dermie is on SEN now still bagging us. Saying Freo allowed Richo to run around on the wing because other sides won't and we only won because Freo are predictable going forward and we picked them off ::).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
Dermie is really starting to lose his credability lately, he must have a beef with Wallace cause he takes potshots at any chance,

richmondrules

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »
Dermie is really starting to lose his credability lately, he must have a beef with Wallace cause he takes potshots at any chance,

I think Dermie is still upset with TW for telling then to shove their coaching job. peeing Dermie off was the best thing that happened to the Hawks in the last 4 years. People may dislike Kennett but at least he got that one right.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »
dermie should stick to paying what he owes his creditors. :shh

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »
About time. :thumbsup
Richo was born to roam in space.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
Dermie is on SEN now still bagging us. Saying Freo allowed Richo to run around on the wing because other sides won't and we only won because Freo are predictable going forward and we picked them off ::).

Didnt the Hawks only beat them by 3 goals?  ;D ;)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo roams, but fails to find success (The Age)
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 05:03:27 AM »
Richo roams, but fails to find success
Samantha Lane | April 21, 2008

LATE in the third quarter, Richmond's cheer squad finally got release. The bunch of yellow and black clad fanatics began saying their "Hail Richos" — an arms up-and-down bowing action performed while simultaneously chanting the name of their club's favourite son. Matthew Richardson, the subject of their praise, had just kicked his first goal of the day.

The Tiger army that was stationed at the Coventry end of Telstra Dome had hardly seen their beloved forward all day. At least not in the capacity with which they were familiar. Coach Terry Wallace had been evasive about where Richardson would start against the Western Bulldogs after he had led a spirited round-four victory for his club in Perth playing on a wing. It had been a four-goal, 25-possession, brilliant — if unorthodox — day out.

What Wallace did say before yesterday's game was that all his veteran forward wanted was success and, in order to taste it more regularly, Richmond's 12-time leading goalkicker was prepared to play wherever, whenever. Yesterday, wherever translated to everywhere.

It was a strange sight when Richardson began on a wing alongside Bulldogs' captain Brad Johnson. He followed the play and, when roaming the centre of the field, Johnson stuck with him. When Richardson pushed forward, the Dogs' No. 1 defender Brian Lake would take over.

After Lake dobbed the first goal of the match — only the 11th of his 102-game career — things felt fittingly topsy-turvy. Things seemed stranger still when, in the second term, Richardson took a mark so close to goal, those keeping score instinctively grabbed pens and were ready to credit him for what was surely — even for Richo — a certain goal. But Richardson, at that point, was actually playing in defence, so his grab was cheered for what it had saved rather than produced.

As the match wore on, Richardson's newfound everything role looked to be making increasing sense. As Richmond looked more and more like a winner, he spent more and more time in attack. His second goal came early in the final term, which was the only quarter he began in his conventional position.

When Richardson kicked a third major, the Tigers were 18 points up. It was only when the Dogs got their run on later in the term that Richardson moved back into defence. And it was there he stayed as what had been a 25-point margin for the Tigers was systematically whittled away. When the scores were levelled with 14 seconds left, Richardson hauled himself into attack.

He had played wherever, whenever. Even better, he had seemed destined to finish a victor. But when the final siren rang, Richardson led his side off the ground neither a winner or loser. He was simply shattered as the rest of them.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/richo-roams-but-fails-to-find-success/2008/04/20/1208629737302.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
My mark crossed the line: Richo (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 05:07:58 AM »
My mark crossed the line- Matthew Richardson
Jon Ralph | April 21, 2008 | Herald-Sun

RICHMOND spearhead Matthew Richardson yesterday admitted he had marked Daniel Giansiracusa's second-term shot at goal well over the goal-line.

The shot eight minutes into the term looked up to half a metre over the line but was called a mark by the goal umpire, in a game that ended in a dramatic draw.

It was one of a host of incidents that could have changed the course of the match, and will again reignite debate about technology in goal-line decisions.

While all of the ball must cross the goal-line before an umpire awards a goal, there have been a raft of decisions in recent years that have confused fans and players.

Richardson told the Herald Sun last night the ball was over the line when he marked it.

"I thought it was over, but you have to try to act your way through it," Richardson said.

"I thought it was maybe just through but you take the good with the bad and sometimes you get decisions that go your way and other times you don't."

Richardson again lined up on the wing and was excellent, but his opponent Brian Lake was instrumental in last few minutes.

He pushed forward and marked in the last minute to help the Dogs secure a draw, and Richardson said he had been unable to spoil him in the huge pack that formed.

"I probably should have come third man in, but I just lost the flight of the ball a bit which is disappointing, but that's footy," Richardson said.

"We didn't cope with the last few minutes. We did a few things we wouldn't normally want to do in that situation. We didn't hold on to the ball and made a few errors defensively, which cost us.

"I didn't lay a tackle on (Robert) Murphy and Harris (Lake) took a good contested mark and we needed to spoil that. But we did a lot of things right so we can't think it's all doom and gloom."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/1,9191,23571266-19742,00.html