Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43299 times)

Ramps

Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »
The issue now is that the club could infact win 10 games this season (based on the rest of the draw), if Wallace wins 10 games then March isnt gonna sack him.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
Yet you need to answer questions privately you gutless wonder
Oh Dear :whistle
Dont go hiding behind your keyboard now ,There isnt room there for both us  :rollin :lol :lol :lol
Actually my identity is pretty easy to find out if you want to, don't even need to ask me

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2008, 09:48:30 PM »
The issue now is that the club could infact win 10 games this season (based on the rest of the draw), if Wallace wins 10 games then March isnt gonna sack him.

Another five years and cannonisation for sure. (deliberate sp error)

Saint Terry (a first I think)

:thumbsup

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2008, 12:42:59 AM »
Blaisee, you are correct , I know absolutely zip :clapping
You know everything, you are a  expert , genius in fact
Should be Terrys PA.

And furthermore Mr Expert, where do you work again ? What club ? And no Auskick isnt accepted either,  :lol

standard jackstar play

When you get exposed as ignorant, just ignore the questions and add dribble

Congrats on being so consisistent and predicatble ;)

jackstar

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2008, 07:00:35 AM »
Should be Terrys PA.

And furthermore Mr Expert, where do you work again ? What club ? And no Auskick isnt accepted either,  :lol

standard jackstar play

Your Terry Wallace not Jordons sister.I am confused now. ???

Moi

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:05 AM »
You must be happy with the way the Tiges and Wallace are going, Jack.
We could make the finals this year
Pretty good effort wouldn't you say from where we've come from this year
I only ask this of you becuase you've been critical in the past of Wallace.
That would be quite an achievement wouldn't you say?
 :gotigers

richmondrules

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2008, 07:44:15 AM »
Oh and Jack....Don't knock the plastic footy! My first ever footy was a brown plastic special from a BP servo metal cage! They are a great benchmark. If you can kick a goal with one of those suckers from 50m out you should be playing AFL!  :lol

50 meters !!!!!!   :o With one of those brown plastic things.   :o  You must have been one hell of a player tiga. lol.

The best thing about those plastic footys is you didn't need to pump them up. Of course they always seemed flat when you kicked them. Good to practice your torp with, the only way to get any distance with them.

Can you still buy them?

jackstar

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2008, 08:46:34 AM »
You must be happy with the way the Tiges and Wallace are going, Jack.
We could make the finals this year
Pretty good effort wouldn't you say from where we've come from this year
I only ask this of you becuase you've been critical in the past of Wallace.
That would be quite an achievement wouldn't you say?
 :gotigers

Will admit, we are going alright, but I hate to see us finish and ""honorable 9th, 10th or 11th on the ladder. Same old , same old.
I am hard I know, but you get judged on performance, if you going to finish 9th , you might as well finish 8th and give players and supporters some hope in moving forward. Finishing 9th-12th isnt hope I am afraid.. Need to play finals if you dont finish on the bottom

Moi

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »
Well, there's still time to make the finals, Jack.
If we had won those close games, which we will probably kick ourselves for in the end, we may well and truly have been playing them.  That is a significant improvement IMO.
Just over half way through the season, and except for a couple of horror games against the Swans in particular, we're going okay I reckon.
The games against the Hawks and Cats are the ones I was impressed with.  We didn't get blown out of the water which shows we're either improving or losing that easy beat label.  I would be happy to not make the finals, as long as we compete how we've been doing.  Next year I reckon we'll be there.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »
Should be Terrys PA.

standard jackstar play

more crap from the crapmeister

still waiting to be educatedon how Tambling Johncock and mcleod have different skill sets.  ::)

dont worry about answering, as there is no answer, even an amatuer like myself knows that.

You have enlightened me to something though jack, If you were one of the football experts the RFC employed in the past, then its quite clear why we have been crap for 28 years. The fact that the club woke up and sacked you ( and other people like you) who lacked the necessary talent for us to compete at the top leve, means we have to be moving forward.

Congratulations you are Exhibit A ;)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »

We would have to do a 180 degree turn on our performance for the rest of the season for TW to get his contract terminated early - so let's get over it. He isn't going anywhere.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »
I agree with you Jackstar - 8th is far better than 9th - 12th in terms of club confidence and as an indication of growth. I would still say that we have improved dramatically with an increasingly youthful list considering our ladder position last year.

Probably the best indicator of realistic, potential future success (for me at least) is the growth of our younger players. We are getting a real even spread of talent all across the ground. In our midfield we have Lids, Tuck, Foley, Cotch and White - if Lids and Cotch are tagged (which happened against Port) Tuck and Foley stand up, if Tuck and Foley are tagged - Lids and Cotch are dangerous.

The same situation appears to be developing in our forwardline with three even contibutors and two dangerous experienced forwards who drift in from time to time. Very hard to match up on.

The youth is starting to come through together now - TW should be given time to havest the fruits of his labour .... :cheers

Stripes

Con65

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 12:26:32 PM »
I agree with you Stripes.

Whilst 8th may not eventuate (given we have blown 6 pts already this season), we look to have jumped away from the bottom 4 -5 teams.  In anyones language that is an improvement.  In the past 2 weeks we have had 8 and 9 and 7 goal quarters, that pretty much was unthinkable a while back.  We are also regularly kicking over 100 pts.  And at the same time getting heaps of gametime into our young players.

I would like to see us consolidate somewhere around position 8 -11 this year (whether that be in the finals or not, it doesnt matter) and win around 10 games.  Start getting a winning culture back at tigerland, start getting 4 quarter efforts.  I agree 8th is better than 9-11, but we need to be realistic...even 11 th is a huge improvement over 16th.

The signs are all positive ...I would think that should we make the finals next year, then Wallace will get his just rewards and have his contract extended.   :)

jackstar

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
Should be Terrys PA.

standard jackstar play

more crap from the crapmeister

still waiting to be educatedon how Tambling Johncock and mcleod have different skill sets.  ::)

dont worry about answering, as there is no answer, even an amatuer like myself knows that.

You have enlightened me to something though jack, If you were one of the football experts the RFC employed in the past, then its quite clear why we have been crap for 28 years. The fact that the club woke up and sacked you ( and other people like you) who lacked the necessary talent for us to compete at the top leve, means we have to be moving forward.

Congratulations you are Exhibit A ;)

Your correct Blaisee, I have little idea about football and I dont even attend games.
I am a clown and have never played football. Little do you know ;)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
Terry's Next Contract ... with 3AW!