Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43300 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2008, 10:46:18 PM »
HT, this is Tambling's 4th season -> 3.5.  ;)

Everybody is tradeable.

Everybody,

Unless they are contracted and refuse to be traded.

What makes you think he wouldnt agree to be traded?

I haven't said I think that. I've got no idea whether he would or wouldn't agree.

I was just pointing out that he is contracted until the end of 2010 and a contracted player can't be traded unless he agrees to it.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2008, 12:35:24 AM »
HT, this is Tambling's 4th season -> 3.5.  ;)

Everybody is tradeable.

Everybody,

Unless they are contracted and refuse to be traded.

What makes you think he wouldnt agree to be traded?

I haven't said I think that. I've got no idea whether he would or wouldn't agree.

I was just pointing out that he is contracted until the end of 2010 and a contracted player can't be traded unless he agrees to it.

And also unlikely a player will stay where he is no longer wanted. How practical was it for Josh Kennedy to stay at Carlton even though he didnt want to be traded to WC?

Tambling seems like a genuinely nice kid, and I'm not for trading him, but he'd seem like the last guy to dig in.

I dont have any facts, but I reckon I can put up a pretty good argument that says so

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »
Yeah, I'm with you that a player is probably likely to go if he thinks he's no longer wanted. There are plenty of other cases where players still contracted have been traded when they really didn't want to be.

If a contracted player does dig in and refuse to be traded he won't be going anywhere, though.
If you want to argue that point you need to show where a contracted player has been traded without agreeing to it.
There may well be such a case. Josh Kennedy is not it. He was reluctant but, in the end, he agreed.

I have a vague recollection about Ray Hall refusing to be traded to Geelong and only agreeing to be traded if it was to Sydney, which didn't eventuate. Someone with a better memory might be able to confirm if that was the case.

Back on topic, I don't want to think about Terry Wallace's next contract until at least this time next year. A lot can happen in that time to make it clearer if he should or shouldn't get another one.
I agree with Moi's original post - 3 years if he gets another contract. 
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2008, 08:57:51 AM »
l think its best to trade contracted players.
we have more control over what we get in return ,and we havent got the problem of players going into the psd,where we get nothing in return.
at this stage of the season l would say meyer,hyde and tivendale will be our delistings.
and petts,raines and maybe even jon,will be our tradings

Tigermonk

« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2008, 09:27:47 AM »
Centrelink for Terry Wallet

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »

I have a vague recollection about Ray Hall refusing to be traded to Geelong and only agreeing to be traded if it was to Sydney, which didn't eventuate. Someone with a better memory might be able to confirm if that was the case.

Confirmed

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »
OUT OF CONTRACT ........

Joel Bowden 2008
Andrew Collins 2008
Daniel Connors 2008
Shane Edwards 2008
Nathan Foley 2008
Chris Hyde 2008
Luke McGuane 2008
Chris Newman 2008
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls 2008
Kayne Pettifer 2008
Dean Polo 2008
Matthew Richardson 2008 (vet)
Jay Schulz 2008
Will Thursfield 2008
Shane Tuck 2008
Matthew White 2008

a lot of names. some just have to go..
Some of those aren't right and some names are missing. Foley and Thursty are contracted to 2010.

Here's OER's list:

Unknown but most likely 2008: Hyde, Jackson, Meyer, Moore, Tivendale.

2008: Bowden, Collins, Connors, Edwards, Graham, Johnson, King, McGuane, Newman, Oakley-Nicholls, Pettifer, Polo, Richardson, Schulz, White.

2009: Brown, Casserly, Cotchin, Coughlan, Deledio, Gourdis, Hughes, M.Morton, Pattison, Polak, Putt, Raines, Rance, J.Riewoldt, Simmonds.

2010: Foley, McMahon, Tambling, Tuck, Thursfield

Rookies: 
Cam Howat (3rd year)
Clayton Collard (first year)
Jarred Silvester (first year, possible mature rookie next year if stays)
Tristian Cartledge (first and last year)

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?action=post;quote=73002;topic=5875.0;num_replies=29;sesc=6c914d26ce7a792a4cdb9d9b3ca5932d

Retire, cut or trade: Hyde, Schulz, Petts, Bowden (ret.), Tivs (ret.) and at least Howat from the rookie list. That's 4 ND picks + 1 PSD pick there without even thinking. Jackson, Meyer (got a feeling he'll survive on a one-year deal), JON and Johnson (ret?) next in line.

It depends on how many picks we end up with after trade week. Right now we have something like picks 6, 25, 41, 57, 73, 89, etc .... + PSD pick 6. The more early picks the more current players cut. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2008, 05:21:04 PM »
I know Connors had an interupted pre-season.
Cotchin didnt even have one and look where he is .
I rest my case.
Jack, you know Cotch is the best kid to walk into Tigerland for 20 years at least. Connors is naturally talented but nowhere near Cotch. No one is. Only now is Connors looking like getting some match-fitness. He's no longer puffing halfway through training either like he was earlier in the season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2008, 04:17:59 AM »
Voss baulked at three-year contract
Chris McDermott | Adelaide Advertiser | July 11, 2008 11:30pm

FIVE-YEAR contracts for coaches in the AFL are a recipe for disaster – they just don't work.

The Terry Wallace experiment at Richmond is proof that no matter the quality of the man, a guaranteed five years at the helm of any club is too long.

Now in his fourth year, Wallace's Tigers team will once again be missing from the finals this season. The club has failed to capitalise on early draft picks in recent times – Trent Cotchin is the exception – and is still reliant on Matthew Richardson.

Not enough has changed at Punt Road in Wallace's time and he'll need a near-miracle to survive another term.

Every coach deserves one bad year. Not many get – or deserve – the luxury of two.

Of the 16 current coaches, eight are safe while the other eight know the next 12 months could be career-defining.

Wallace will feel the Richmond faithful baying for blood soon. With just one finals' campaign in the last 13 years, heads are certain to roll.

Full article at:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24011825-12428,00.html

jackstar

« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
Voss baulked at three-year contract
Chris McDermott | Adelaide Advertiser | July 11, 2008 11:30pm

FIVE-YEAR contracts for coaches in the AFL are a recipe for disaster – they just don't work.

The Terry Wallace experiment at Richmond is proof that no matter the quality of the man, a guaranteed five years at the helm of any club is too long.

Now in his fourth year, Wallace's Tigers team will once again be missing from the finals this season. The club has failed to capitalise on early draft picks in recent times – Trent Cotchin is the exception – and is still reliant on Matthew Richardson.

Not enough has changed at Punt Road in Wallace's time and he'll need a near-miracle to survive another term.

Every coach deserves one bad year. Not many get – or deserve – the luxury of two.

Of the 16 current coaches, eight are safe while the other eight know the next 12 months could be career-defining.

Wallace will feel the Richmond faithful baying for blood soon. With just one finals' campaign in the last 13 years, heads are certain to roll.

Full article at:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24011825-12428,00.html

Fair article by Chris.
Only matte of time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »
But not this week lol

jackstar

« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2008, 08:02:42 PM »
But not this week lol

Big game next week but we know what might happen once again.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2008, 08:16:20 PM »
TW coached well today. His match-ups in the middle were excellent and our clearance work was the difference in the result. I was listening to SEN and they said on more than one occasion that our players were well drilled and coached by there actions. In a game against weaker opponents it is easier to see the overall game plan and the varying strategies that the coach is instilling in the list...and I was trilled!  :thumbsup

When we develop a strong, experienced and 'even' team this style will become more and more prevailant.

It's in game like this that you get to see everything in a 'perfect' senerio.

Time, experience and good coaching. We will get there with TW leading the way.  :cheers

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
But not this week lol

Big game next week but we know what might happen once again.
Tiges up by 50 points at half-time?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
Somehow I don't think we will be. Lucas straightens the Bombers up a little bit and makes them a lot more dangerous. Hopefully Richo plays and so does Thursty.