Author Topic: Political intrigue a club health gauge (The Age on Richmond)  (Read 2858 times)

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
Re: Political intrigue a club health gauge (The Age on Richmond)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »
i wont say too much but this has nothing to do with instability, but rather unity. when all is unravelled, remember the moose!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 09:59:46 PM »
but what if what i have been told is no rumour! esp when it came directly from "the horses" mouth. and im not referring to mr ed!
If the powers that be are telling people who then go and post about it on internet forums then it shows what an unprofessional shambles this club still is. These things should not be discussed publically with anyone. So either you don't know what you're talking about, or alternatively the club still needs to learn its bloody lesson.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
Unfortunately this site reflects everything that is good and bad about our club. We as supporters have no patience or faith in our leaders and are continually seeking to despose of them and get someone better. Unfortunately this has created an unstable, highly political and unproductive environement in which to build from.

Our player list management over the last 25 years can be blamed not just on the coach and recruiters but all the way back to the board who place unrealistic expectations and pressure on the players to gain immediate success or they themselves will be out of a job.

So where is the stability to rebuild, develop and take gambles/risks if the Board is continually pressured to hire coaches to bring immediate success or they and the coaches are quickly moved on.

Our failure as a club is to never have enough stability from the board down to allow us to build a long term list. We have continually traded away early draft picks in hope we see immediate success rather than bring in youth that could possibly bring success to the next coach, board etc.

It makes me incredibly sad to hear posters on here continually following the same path of failure that we have followed for decades. As the saying goes - the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again but respecting different results.

If we constantly look to get rid of our board members, recruiters and coaching staff then we are setting ourselves up for failure yet again.  :banghead

We need to stick by our current course and support the long term put in place. The worst thing we can do now is to try and start again because I am sick of short term fixes and mediocre ladder finishers.

I want success as a club and I am willing to put my faith in the board, recruiters and coaches for many more years to come and endure the pain for the now, to achieve it.

Stop calling for sackings and start demanding stability or we will remain the factional, political laughing stock of the competition for decades to come.  :help

Stripes

Great post Stripes  :clapping.

The most frustrating part is that only a small minority are and have been creating the instability all this time and of course the media hope we'll predictably implode. The average member (there's nearly 40,000 of us now including non-ticketed) and supporter are forced to put up with it. Well we've had enough of this crap.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »
Thanks WP and Mightytigers!

I understand that everyone here posts out of passion for our club but I just hate to see us falling into the same pit where we have torn ourselves to shreads rather than working together to climb out! When the battle is there to fight we have already fought it internally long before any opposition arrive.

I just want to see the club and supporters in particular looking to work as a team for once like we do of our playing list.

I want a flag and we are not going to get it by continually sacking and starting again.

Stripes

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »
i wont say too much but this has nothing to do with instability, but rather unity. when all is unravelled, remember the moose!

ROFL.  Trying to be the new Jack by latching onto what he posted and running with it hoping for an ounce of truth in it.  ::) 

stuffing scum poser.  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Moi

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 09:31:42 AM »

ROFL.  Trying to be the new Jack by latching onto what he posted and running with it hoping for an ounce of truth in it.  ::) 

effing scum poser.  :banghead
How people get off on Jack and actually follow him is mindboggling.
He's trying to destroy the club
And if they follow that, they're sick  :banghead

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:56:35 AM »

effing scum poser.  :banghead
How people get off on Jack and actually follow him is mindboggling.
He's trying to destroy the club
And if they follow that, they're sick  :banghead

I's interesting that his posts on PRE are quite reasonable and balanced.

Maybe he just saves his worst for us

Moi

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »
It's mindboggling that he would even post there, seeing as the owner accused him of stalking her.
And others which is untrue
Sick woman - sick man  :banghead

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »

She accused me of the same thing.

Have to feel a little sorry for her, something has happened in her past I think.

Moi

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »

She accused me of the same thing.

Have to feel a little sorry for her, something has happened in her past I think.

Getting no air at birth - what lol  :rollin
we've all had things happen to us in the past and don't go on a crusade of accusing people of things they didn't do and going to the police.