Author Topic: Schwab on SEN - summary  (Read 6943 times)

RonBranton

Schwab on SEN - summary
« on: September 02, 2004, 11:17:31 AM »
Schwab talked with (the great RFC man) KB for about 10 minutes this morning.

He started be pointing out that the loss for this year is now estimated to be 2.4m - some 20% above what was being predicted only a month ago. His group wants access to "the books" and CC has not yet allowed that.

He described CC as the worst president that RFC had ever had, both on and off the field.

KB asked him if he really ever believed that CC would leave voluntarilly. Schwab answered by saying that Daphne did and at the time his situation was better than Casey's. The current situation is worse than when the Save Our Skins program was run, according to Schwab.

CC is asking for the RFC community to trust him - again - but he has "no skill base" with which to solve the problems. He repeated that there had been no disclosure yet regarding financials.

KB pointed out that the AFL had expressed their satisfaction with the RFC business plan. Schwab argued that the AFL should not take sides in these cases and that he was confidant that his group could build a good relationship with the AFL.

Schwab said that the RFC should be better than where we are. We had fallen away in every area except 2004 membership which was up but still nothing to be proud of. He pointed out that 27,000 members was still below the last year of Daphne and that in recent years Collingwood and Carlton had increased by 5 to 10 thousand and that our membership should be 40,000. He said we should not congratulate ourselves on 27,000 members.

So far it had just been sumarizing why the current position under CC was unacceptabl;e - KB asked him "where to now"

Schwab said that if CC did not agree to stand down his group would push for an EGM in December, expand their group from 7 to 9, and take on the existing board.

KB thanked him for his input and told him that he will see him at the club for a drink and a chat with the players as usual next week, and looked forward to having a dance with froars at the B&F.

(all but the last sentence is true -  ;)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 11:20:33 AM by RonBranton »

Jackstar

Re: Schwab on SEN - summary
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:25:33 AM »
Ronnie is turning into the OER comedian :lol

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 12:25:25 PM »
He started be pointing out that the loss for this year is now estimated to be 2.4m - some 20% above what was being predicted only a month ago. His group wants access to "the books" and CC has not yet allowed that.

Big bad meany.

He described CC as the worst president that RFC had ever had, both on and off the field.

Yeah, so there.  ::)

If you haven’t got something more to offer, other than “we’re better than them and that’s why you should vote for us” then you are seriously kidding yourselves.

With campaigns like this, you obviously can’t offer RFC anything, but it sounds like you could make it good as a politician.

KB pointed out that the AFL had expressed their satisfaction with the RFC business plan. Schwab argued that the AFL should not take sides in these cases and that he was confidant that his group could build a good relationship with the AFL.

Why not, coz it doesn't suit you?  Bullies they are those AFL people.

Schwab said that the RFC should be better than where we are.

Why can you do something about it now when you couldn't do anything about it when you were already on the Board?   :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Schwab said that if CC did not agree to stand down his group would push for an EGM in December, expand their group from 7 to 9, and take on the existing board.

I’m confused.  Isn’t this what was happening anyway?  Coz, did they or did they not agree to hold the meeting in December instead of January.  :-\
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

froars

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 12:30:42 PM »
KB thanked him for his input and told him that he will see him at the club for a drink and a chat with the players as usual next week, and looked forward to having a dance with froars at the B&F.
Ah, but he's not the one i'm saving the last dance for
idiot lol  :rollin

Jackstar

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 12:35:40 PM »
Ronnie an idiot Froars?, thats a bit strong ! Confused and misled, maybe ;)

froars

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 12:50:30 PM »
Umm, our swear monitor changes words - wasn't exactly the word i put lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 12:52:37 PM »
Really Brendan Schwab never ceases to amaze me with his continual drivel.

Mickey Nuff Nuff take a bow you clown.

But if Brendan can repeat the same stuff over and over and over again so can I

Schwab talked with (the great RFC man) KB for about 10 minutes this morning.

Wow! I am staggerd I really am. ::) The fact the papers have been saying for months that the loss "will be at least $2 million" it shouldn't come as any great surprise that it will probaly be worse - fact Mickey - our crowds dropped away in the second half of the season - for a Club that did a lot of its forecasting based on crowd figures (you and Welsh were part of that board remember that signed off on the 2004 budget) then what do you expect.

And IMO Brendan is one of the worse directors we have ever had.

He had so much respect for the position that his average attendance at board meetings over his time on the board is 8.5. But you see Brendan will tell you he was present for 11 meetings in 2003. What he doesn't tell you that his record in 2002 was 9 and 2001, 8.

KB asked him if he really ever believed that CC would leave voluntarilly. Schwab answered by saying that Daphne did and at the time his situation was better than Casey's. The current situation is worse than when the Save Our Skins program was run, according to Schwab.

Glad you bought this up Brendan. Leon Daphne said that his tenure as president was linked to Gieschen's tenure as coach. He decided to resign as he said he would when Gieschen "quit" - despite a lot of people pleading for him to stay. Leon Daphne is a man of great honour and integrity. There's a lesson there don't you reckon Brendan.

Perhaps you can ask your finance man Mike Humphris about the pre-SOS days Brendan - he was there then. Or has that been wiped from history too - like your previous stint on the board seems to have been in your mind at least.

CC is asking for the RFC community to trust him - again - but he has "no skill base" with which to solve the problems.

Hmmm no skills - wonder how he attracted Greg Miller?

I'll tell you something Brendan - I trust Casey a helluva lot more that I trust you

To have good relationship with the AFL - I reckon they would need to have some respect for you - think about that.

As for taking sides  :'(- fair dinkum - this isn't high school - (who's my best friend this week )

The AFL have a responsibility to ensure that Clubs are being run properly - do you really think if things were grim as Brendan keeps going on about- they would have granted the re-direction order?

He said we should not congratulate ourselves on 27,000 members.

Oh I think we should - alot of people thought we'd be lucky to get 20,000 members in 2004.

The more this clown speaks the more I know I am making the right decision in not voting for this ticket. Instead of being called the Alternative Ticket - they should be call the UNACCEPTABLE TICKET

« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 03:21:33 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 01:36:53 PM »
One thing, should be an interesting evening at the B& F :o
Wonder who goes and who wont turn up, If Mickey turns up, he would need to be wearing his Mickey mouse ear muffs ! :lol

Ox

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 02:03:44 PM »
LMAO@ A ticket that hid behind a member.

For the first time in a long time the club seems to be doing everything right while schlobb
carries on with the same stats and rant..

Even if the egm comes to life it's hardly a competitive atmosphere.
I'd like to see a 2nd,serious ticket put in a bid.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 07:48:53 PM »
I agree Ox. Twiddledee vs Twiddledum at the minute.

I find it amusing Schwab claiming we are in a worse position now than during the S.O.S. period when he also claims he hasn't had access to the books to know  ::). Add to that despite the loss we will definitely still have a club when October 31st, 2004 comes around. That wasn't the case before Oct 31st, 1990. If we didn't raise $1 million in the two months before that date it was no more RFC. A loss even a large one as we had this year isn't a debt Brendan  ::).

As for the comment we should have a membership of 40,000. Well DER Brendan! Talk about telling us things blind freddy knows  :sleep. If we weren't absolutely crap on-field for the vast majority of the past 20+ years (not just the last 5) we could have had that many members. Guess who was on the board for 5-6 years of that period. Once again Schwab conveniently trying to avoid his responsibility in all this. I could once again go through all the stupid decisions the board, on which Schwab was on, made and agreed to but we all know what they were. That comment is also insulting to work Trent Jacobs in his first year and others at the Club put in to increase our membership by 10% despite no help from the footy department. As WP said some Tiger supporters were claiming we'd be lucky to get to 15-20,000 members if Frawley stayed on. With Wallace now on board we are likely to see another if not larger increase in 2005 with or as is more likely without Schwab.

As for holding an EGM in december when the AGM is scheduled for then ???   :help
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Show the Money from the H/Sun
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 11:07:17 AM »
Show the money
03 September 2004   Herald Sun
Mark Stevens and Jon Pierik

RICHMOND president Clinton Casey was accused yesterday of breaking several promises as tension between the warring factions at Punt Rd escalated.

Brendan Schwab is furious a key member of his ticket, Michael Humphris, has so far been refused access to financial information.

As part of the peace deal hatched in July, Casey agreed to allow Humphris to look at the club's books.

But Humphris and Schwab are still waiting and are questioning why it has taken so long.

"I haven't had a response yet . . . you have fears that it (the loss) is growing day by day," Humphris said last night.
"I'm here to help the club. We want to be of assistance.

"There have been delays. I'm not sure why. It is becoming increasingly frustrating."

Schwab has threatened to force an early election if the books aren't opened soon.

But Casey said last night the Tigers' treasurer and financial controller had been trying to contact Humphris.

"We're trying to set up a time for next week, but Michael has been unavailable," Casey said. "We're ready to go, but apparently he has been away."

Casey said the financial position would be given to Humphris in the presence of AFL officials.
"We want to ensure the correct perspective is portrayed with the results," he said.

Casey strongly denied reports the club's loss would blow out to $2.4-$2.6 million.

He said the amount reported did not take in AFL distribution or Jack Dyer Foundation money.
"Our result is unchanged. Once we balance everything off it will be $2-2.1 million, which we have been articulating for months. There will be no surprises."

Schwab said Casey had failed to negotiate his exit and a smooth transition to a new board of directors as well as provide the financial information.

Schwab said that if these conditions weren't met soon, he would look at forcing an election before December's AGM.

That meeting was originally slated for January before the two parties agreed on a change.

"Some six weeks have elapsed since that agreement was struck and we have yet to be provided access to that financial information," Schwab said.

"We hold a strong view that Clinton has been the worst-performing president in the history of the club.

"This decision about his own future is the immediate point in negotiations."

Schwab has a seven-man ticket to run against the Tigers' nine-man board.

"We have deliberately run with a ticket of seven so there is some scope for negotiations to a new board, so new candidates can come from the existing board or from outside both groups," Schwab said. "But should there not be satisfactory negotiations, then we will expand our group to the full complement of nine."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10653256%255E19742,00.html

=====

:help Thanks for repeating that Brendan ::) ::)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 02:26:30 PM »

Schwab may be a nuff nuff, but he's not the one that made the club lose $2m+

There's a few ppl on this site that are too quick to forgive just because Wallace is coach. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have Wallace and a healthy bank account that lets him go out and get us another team full of Nathan Browns, than a Wallace with his hands tied behind his back for the next 2 years.

Casey not handing over the books is a serious thing for every Richmond member to worry about. He hid how much we were losing last year, and didnt even tell his own board. He is not off the hook, and he is accountable firstly and foremostly to his members, not the AFL poofs.

Its time for Leon Daphne to return to the club as the president.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 02:55:57 PM »
Everyone knows that with a decent ticket, Casey would be on his ass.......If Schwab and Welsh weren't part of this ticket and had two other faces in it....I reckon Casey would be in trouble.

Maybe the smoking @ pokie venue legislation has caused us to lose $2mill..... ::) ::) ::) ::)
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 03:08:27 PM »

Then why replace one nuff nuff with another?  What difference will it make to the Club?

There's a few ppl on this site that are too quick to forgive just because Wallace is coach.

You may have misinterpreted what has been said, because I don’t know that anyone on here has forgiven anyone for anything.  The reason we don’t rate Schwab is because he couldn’t do the job as President if he had a hand up his back prompting him how to go about it.  Basically, he isn’t a President’s button hole.  And that’s the main antagonism towards him.  If he looked like he had half an idea what was going on I’d support him, but the facts are he’s got no idea how to run a Laundromat, let a lone an AFL club.

You only have to read the comments he makes.  They are not even his own.  He read them somewhere, thought they sounded ok, so he used them.  He couldn’t assess anything unless someone else did it for him.

Casey not handing over the books is a serious thing for every Richmond member to worry about. He hid how much we were losing last year, and didnt even tell his own board. He is not off the hook, and he is accountable firstly and foremostly to his members, not the AFL poofs.

RFC has a licence to be in the AFL.  On that basis, I would think it is accountable to the AFL first.

Its time for Leon Daphne to return to the club as the president.

He said ‘no’ some time ago and he's not the answer either.  He's had his go.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 03:31:03 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 03:44:53 PM »

Nuff Nuff aint the word.

With regard to him not being the one that made the club lose $2m+ - I could argue that Clinton Casey didn't either. There are 9 people on the board - this seems to be constently lost. Who's to blame? All of them - not 1 person, not 2 all 9 of them. Brendan Schwab has not and will not take any responsibility for decisions that were made while he was on the board (and he was part to) and that is one of the main reason I don't trust or respect him.

The fact is whether Brendan wants to admit it himself he is as responsible as every other board member.

There's a few ppl on this site that are too quick to forgive just because Wallace is coach. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have Wallace and a healthy bank account that lets him go out and get us another team full of Nathan Browns, than a Wallace with his hands tied behind his back for the next 2 years.

I haven't fogiven anyone nor, have I forgetten the people who are responsibility. But as I said there is more than 1 person to blame here.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 03:49:23 PM by WilliamPowell »