Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 31087 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2009, 02:41:53 AM »

Fev did some injury his ankle/foot during the Freo game but thought he'd be okay. When he got home it was still sore. He contracted the Blues club doctor and he went for scans Sunday morning. Scans have shown there's nothing severe such as a broken foot or anything like that but he's done some tendon/ligament injury and he is in doubt for round 1. Fev was on crutches yesterday.

Part of me wishes he'll be ok to play against us because of the round 1 spectacle but then I bitchslapped myself back into some common sense as no-one will care come finals time.
Fingers crossed he misses because safe to say that would be a huge advantage and go a long way towards gaining 4 precious points to kickstart our season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2009, 04:49:34 AM »
from today's Australian....

Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola will have precautionary scans today after limping off with a foot injury against Fremantle in a practice match at Bunbury in Western Australia on Saturday.

The Blues, who did not arrive back in Melbourne until 5am yesterday after a delayed charter flight home, are anxiously waiting on Fevola's medical report after a clash with opponent Chris Tarrant. They are hoping the damage is restricted to bruising.

Shaun Grigg is in doubt for the opening round because of a hamstring strain.

Carlton could field as many as three rookie-listed players against Richmond at the MCG on Thursday week. Impressive pre-season form could pave the way for the Blues to upgrade ruckman Sam Jacobs, tagger Aaron Joseph and forward Jeffery Garlett to their primary list.

As well, teenage forward Mitch Robinson, recruited from Tasmania in last year's national draft, could make his senior debut against the Tigers.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25190950-5012432,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »
Fevola set for round one despite bruised heel
By Ben Broad
Mon 16 March, 2009

CARLTON superstar Brendan Fevola is expected to train this week despite leaving the ground with a bruised heel in his team’s NAB Challenge loss to Fremantle at the weekend.

Carlton is also hoping exciting youngster Shaun Grigg overcomes a hamstring niggle in time for the clash. He too left the field against Fremantle at the weekend.

Full article at:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/73260/default.aspx

« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2009, 01:02:50 PM »

Let's hope they both play (and reinjure themselves in first two minutes)

:lol

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2009, 01:13:06 PM »
I don't really care, I'm more interested in Foley's condition.  ???
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »
from today's Australian....

Carlton could field as many as three rookie-listed players against Richmond at the MCG on Thursday week. Impressive pre-season form could pave the way for the Blues to upgrade ruckman Sam Jacobs, tagger Aaron Joseph and forward Jeffery Garlett to their primary list.

As well, teenage forward Mitch Robinson, recruited from Tasmania in last year's national draft, could make his senior debut against the Tigers.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25190950-5012432,00.html

How many times do players these bob up and biatchslap us  :banghead

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »
I hope Fev plays underdone so he can still absorb most of their F50 but will struggle to convert. The ideal situation for me if it eventuates.

Stripes

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2009, 02:07:44 PM »
I hope Fev plays underdone so he can still absorb most of their F50 but will struggle to convert. The ideal situation for me if it eventuates.

Stripes

rubbish

i dont want him to play at all.

we have had our turn at valuable players missing so its about time other clubs suffered as we have.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »

Stripes

rubbish

i dont want him to play at all.

we have had our turn at valuable players missing so its about time other clubs suffered as we have.

Now that's the type of replies I am used to seeing from you Daniel. Direct and to the point. None of this measured responses that you have been writing of late.  ;)

Carlton are very 'Fev-centric' much the same as we were with Rich because of his ability to win the game off his own boot but as we are too too familiar with at Tigerland, any over reliance upon one target (no matter how good a player he is) is dangerous. With Fev playing Carlton becomes more predictable and if he is playing underdone then even better. A 70% fit Fev playing is actually better than no Fev at all because the Blues will be forced to become more unpredictable and, heaven forbid, share the goal scoring around targetting the best leading option rather than just the same target every time.

This is why I hope he plays but plays underdone.

Stripes

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »
I want Fev to play because I want us to smash their best availible team.I dont want to hear any pathetic excuses from them.

Carton Suck Carlton Suck Carlton Suck Carlton Suck.

Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »
SEN just said Wiggins got his off his charge. The Match Review Committee through it out.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »
Wasn't Stevens already suspended for round 1?  ???

Match review panel offers Stevens one week ban
By David Reed 4:51 PM Mon 16 March, 2009

CARLTON faces the prospect of being without Nick Stevens for their season opener against Richmond after he was charged with striking by the match review panel.

Stevens was cited after a clash with Fremantle's Nic Suban in the NAB Challenge match in Bunbury and even an early guilty plea will see him banned for a match.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point) drawing 125 demerit points.

The problem for Stevens is that he has been suspended within the past three years which increases the penalty by 10 per cent to 137.50 points. He also has 68.75 carry over points taking his total to 206.25 points and a two-match sanction.

An early plea reduces this by 25 per cent to 154.69 points and a one-match ban.

He risks a two-match ban if he rolls the dice and takes his case to the tribunal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/73286/default.aspx

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
Yes he was already susended MT.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
Yes he was already susended MT.
Cheers WAT.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »
It makes no difference to our game but Stevens is challenging the charge and risks being out until round 4.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/73319/default.aspx