Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30880 times)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:25 PM »
  WAT I will have the radio on tuned in at Leinster  a couple of 6 packs and it will be game on and all over by 1/2 time  Tiges with a big lead and the blues crying in there blue bonnets
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »
  WAT I will have the radio on tuned in at Leinster  a couple of 6 packs and it will be game on and all over by 1/2 time  Tiges with a big lead and the blues crying in there blue bonnets

Well good on ya mate, lets hope we can do it. I will be watching the telecast on WIN at 8.30pm in Paraburdoo with about 10 six packs... :thumbsup Good old Leinster, I worked there in 89-91, good town.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »
Fev on Ch 7 news said he won't be missing this game. The Blues train tomorrow so we'll see how much training he does.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:27 PM »
All Kel needs to do to test it out is run Fev around and then when he is standing alongside Fev just go how's the foot ..... stomp!  :eyebrow
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »
All Kel needs to do to test it out is run Fev around and then when he is standing alongside Fev just go how's the foot ..... stomp!  :eyebrow

How is Kel going MT, didn't get much of a review from Royal and hasn't really shone to date. Is he up to Fev???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendan Fevola says I'll play hurt (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2009, 03:12:26 AM »
Brendan Fevola says I'll play hurt
Chris de Kretser | March 25, 2009 12:00am

BRENDAN Fevola says his bruised heel is still sore, but it won't stop him playing in tomorrow night's sold-out season opener against Richmond.

"It's sore. I'm still limping," Fevola said yesterday.

The Blues full-forward said he had been receiving intense treatment for the injury that he suffered in a practice match in Bunbury 10 days ago.

Fevola has spent extended time in a hyperbaric chamber and it is possible he will take to the MCG with the aid of painkilling injections.

It is not uncommon for injections to be used on bruised heels and Fevola is known to be comfortable with the prospect.

"I've been in a hyperbaric chamber for four days," he said yesterday.

"The treatment is two hours at a time."

Fans snapped up the last public and AFL Reserve tickets yesterday, meaning a crowd of more than 90,000 is possible.

The number of MCC members who walk up on the night will determine whether the match will break records.

Despite the sell out, Channel 10 is refusing to screen a live broadcast.

The eagerly awaited clash between Ben Cousins and Chris Judd will be shown on a 30-minute delay.

Fevola said he had to wear a gas mask and a big moon helmet during his hyperbaric chamber treatment.

"Thankfully another one of the guys was in there with me the other day so we had a game of poker," he said.

"Otherwise we spend the time playing Monopoly or Scrabble. It's so boring."

Fevola left no doubt he would take the field tomorrow.

He has even rejected an invitation to play poker with some Formula One drivers and Shane Warne at Crown tonight so he has the best preparation for the game.

"I'm playing the next day so I can't be up late," he said.

Channel 10 chiefs last night said they required several days notice to alert the public to a change to its advertised broadcast time.

But Richmond president Gary March last night called on the network to reverse its decision. "I would have thought there was still enough time to change their scheduling," March said.

"It's disappointing for those people who can't get along - it will probably be our biggest home-and-away game, with a finals-like atmosphere."

Tomorrow's forecast is 22C with a few light showers.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25238006-19742,00.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Step, Stomp and do whatever you like Kelvin.

Fev is fair game.   :thumbsup :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Ball!

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »
Why is everyone assuming Kel will go too Fev?

For mine:
Thurstfield to Fevola: Fevola has never been a huge stand and mark foward, he is average over head but lethal on the lead. Therfore I would put our most conservative backman on him allowing him to just concentrate on Fev rather then Moroe or McGuane who offer more rebound. Newman loose man in defence helping out.

Moore on Cloke: Cloke while play up the ground which will allow Moore to slot in at CHB. This means Moore won't have to follow Cloke up the ground so much and will be able to offer more rebound and help out the deeper defenders

McGuane on Kruezer: Kruezer, when foward, generally plays pretty deep. If he goes onto the ruck then put McGuane onto a medium forward like Russel, Fisher or Walker.

Then have Raines on Betts and McMohan or Gartlett/Yarran

In reality Carlton's foward line is really not that impressive. Kruezer is still developing and doesn't have any really outsanding weapons, while Cloke is an honest trier at best. Betts will snag a few as we struggle to mind small fowards, but other then Fev they look light on goal scoring power

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »
Mostly because Moore has been the man before.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »
I for one expect luke mcguane to go to Fevola.

I also expect Mcguane by the end of 2009 to be the tigers best defender.

Mcguane will improve a heap this year. He has had a massive pre-season

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2009, 02:28:41 PM »
I for one expect luke mcguane to go to Fevola.

I also expect Mcguane by the end of 2009 to be the tigers best defender.

Mcguane will improve a heap this year. He has had a massive pre-season

Was a thursty man and still am but think mcguane like you say will step up big this year from what I have seen so far.
Only ? would be if mguane would be a waste on fev as thursy is more just a stopper type player where luke can cause more damage running off his opponent. Still if Luke was to play on him and hold him like I would expect I dont see where else they are gunna get enough goals to worry us and that of course would be a good move as it wuld just about guarentee us the win.

Man it's tomorrow, far out, Im pumped, ITS HERE - BRING IT ON!

« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »

Yes, enough talk.

Bring it on.

:cheers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Brendan Fevola says I'll play hurt (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »
Fevola said he had to wear a gas mask and a big moon helmet during his hyperbaric chamber treatment.

"Thankfully another one of the guys was in there with me the other day so we had a game of poker," he said.

"Otherwise we spend the time playing Monopoly or Scrabble. It's so boring."

Scrabble against Fev would be fun, a heap of 3 letter words and you'd be helping him spell them each time.  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »
Seems the Blues will be debuting 3 rookies...

Promoted rookie Garlett may debut for Blues
By Jason Phelan | Wed 25 March, 2009

CARLTON has elevated rookie forward Jeff Garlett to its senior list for the injured ruckman Robbie Warnock.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/73700/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
Fev didn't train with the main group at Carlton training session today and Ch 10 said he had a noticeable limp. However their footy manager said he trained two days ago and got through fine. Ducks and drakes!