Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 33425 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
Round 1 will be a tough 50/50 game but Browny won't kick 7 points again :scream.

Geez MT Browny had a bad enough day with the boot without you adding to it. ;)
He only kicked 6 pointers that day. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 08:29:38 PM »
Round 1 will be a tough 50/50 game but Browny won't kick 7 points again :scream.

He only kicked 6 pointers that day. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
LOL you're right Magic. The 7th miss didn't make the distance from 45m out  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »
[/quote]

Not Browny's best by a long shot. Best forgotten.

It will be interesting to see how he goes this season, my gut is he might struggle a little more.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »
It will be interesting to see how he goes this season, my gut is he might struggle a little more.

Good thing about the depth the RFC is building is that in the past he would have been played the whole season because there would have been no alternative.  2009 onwards though it will be survivial of the best.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »

Good thing about the depth the RFC is building is that in the past he would have been played the whole season because there would have been no alternative.  2009 onwards though it will be survivial of the best.

Morton is our next Browny with someone like Nahas also fighting for the small, elusive forward position also. Browny is slowly losing his pace and sidewards movement which makes it difficult for him to loose his defender on the lead. His finishing skills infront of goal are still first rate but he struggles to crumb a goal and apply defensive pressure on oppositions running defenders now days which you need as a small forward. Hard to say for such a champion (2005??) but he may lose his place over the next couple of years.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 04:07:58 AM »

Morton is our next Browny with someone like Nahas also fighting for the small, elusive forward position also. Browny is slowly losing his pace and sidewards movement which makes it difficult for him to loose his defender on the lead. His finishing skills infront of goal are still first rate but he struggles to crumb a goal and apply defensive pressure on oppositions running defenders now days which you need as a small forward. Hard to say for such a champion (2005??) but he may lose his place over the next couple of years.

Stripes
Sadly that broken leg robbed us of Browny's best  :(. I wonder if Morton will eventually be able to push into the midfield as Browny can on top of being a clever small forward. IIRC Browny helped turn the round 1 game last year moving into the centre in the second quarter.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »
Judd keen to run more this AFL season
Roger Vaughan | The Age

Carlton play Cousins' new club Richmond in round one and Judd, like everyone else, is relishing the prospect of the two Brownlow Medallists playing against each other.

"I've spoken to him and I'm rapt to see him get another go, but I haven't caught up with him yet," Judd said.

"I'm looking forward to it (round one), he's a great player and a player I've never played against, so it's another big challenge for me.

"We're both looking forward to it, hopefully he has a good year."

The Blues and Tigers finished not far outside the top eight last year and there are big expectations about their 2009 prospects.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/judd-keen-to-run-more-this-afl-season-20090116-7iuh.html

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »

Not Browny's best by a long shot. Best forgotten.

[/quote]

They might play him behind the ball a bit more. He did a bit of that last year and grabbed more of the ball.
His real value is sharking the packs and snapping the crucial goal so I hope you're wrong about the pace dropping off.
If it has, I'd be thinking he'll pull the pin at the end of this year.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Walker does his shoulder... again
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
Walker injures shoulder

Carlton’s Andrew Walker injured his right shoulder during training at Visy Park on Friday. Walker had scans on the shoulder on Friday afternoon and will meet with Carlton’s medical team and his surgeon early next week to review the extent of damage and plan the appropriate course of rehabilitation.  Although the injury is to the same shoulder that kept Walker out of the first fifteen matches in 2008, it is not a recurrence of the same injury. Walker, 22 years old, has played 81 games for the Blues since his debut in Round 5, 2004.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/tabid/4311/Default.aspx?newsid=71466
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »
Ch 10 during the Superbowl today was pumping up the Cousins vs Judd round 1 meeting as part of their new AFL season promo - "the most highly anticipated opening game to a season" - or words to that effect. "They shared the ultimate prize together (show clip of 2006 GF) and now they face each other on opposite teams".

They also showed Cuz posing in our 2009 guernsey with the new "d"-shaped Dick Smith logo. Why aren't these new portraits on the RFC website  ???.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
They also showed Cuz posing in our 2009 guernsey with the new "d"-shaped Dick Smith logo. Why aren't these new portraits on the RFC website  ???.

Cos it was only done late last week (Friday IIRC)  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »

Cos it was only done late last week (Friday IIRC)  :thumbsup
Okay fair enough  :cheers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009 predicted to be a SELL OUT (Age)
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »
Caro again from today's Age....

The AFL has predicted a sell-out at the Richmond-Carlton clash, which should see Cousins and his former premiership teammate Chris Judd oppose each other for the first time. Blues chief executive Greg Swann has said the game has taken on Anzac Day-like qualities in terms of public interest and potential attendance figures.

Last season the opener was played between the two teams on the eve of Good Friday and although the old rivals had finished 15th and 16th the previous season more than 72,000 turned up to watch Judd make his debut in navy blue.

Link from The Age.

Ramps

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2009, 10:29:34 AM »
imho this game as the season opener for us has become the biggest game of the home and away season, we now have 2 proper blockbuster games, this one and the dreamtime game vs essendon. i dont understand why our club partakes in wannabee blockbusters ie. the game vs North. The game vs North, imho is not and never will be a blockbuster.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 11:02:54 AM »
imho this game as the season opener for us has become the biggest game of the home and away season, we now have 2 proper blockbuster games, this one and the dreamtime game vs essendon. i dont understand why our club partakes in wannabee blockbusters ie. the game vs North. The game vs North, imho is not and never will be a blockbuster.

Making out it is a blockbuster (against North) might help us get 10-15k more people through the gate. 
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do