Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30487 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
Campbell has what it takes, be assured of that
Based on what exactly? Certainly not success

Based on what rocket eade told me face to face!

what success as a player did paul roos have? he never played in a premiership team, we all now that wallace was a highly successful player

not all the best coaches were A grade players

so many experts on this forum, i would take eades word over anyone on this site.  i have sat in the coaches box with eade and wayne during 2008, can tell you, all are impressed with wayne, onle so called rfc "experts" dont think highly of him.

i think members oer should take over and run the rfc :wallywink

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »

The proof is in the pudding and at the moment someone has swapped the salt for the sugar in the ingredients... :P

Whoever coaches our team needs to prove themselves first and Campbell still has to do that as an assistant coach first.

Stripes

campbell has had 1 yr as an assistant at the dogs, all respected him there, the players at the rfc respect wayne. voss has no experience at coaching full stop, but has the respect of his team, so your point is? 

wayne does not have to prove to any of us how good he can coach, as long as he has the team behind him, he has the passion and intelligence to have a real crack at it

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »

The proof is in the pudding and at the moment someone has swapped the salt for the sugar in the ingredients... :P

Whoever coaches our team needs to prove themselves first and Campbell still has to do that as an assistant coach first.

Stripes

campbell has had 1 yr as an assistant at the dogs, all respected him there, the players at the rfc respect wayne. voss has no experience at coaching full stop, but has the respect of his team, so your point is? 

wayne does not have to prove to any of us how good he can coach, as long as he has the team behind him, he has the passion and intelligence to have a real crack at it

I'm not trying to insult you with my comments TT, I'm meerly trying to state that before we begin to line him up to immediately replace TW he needs to put the score on the board. By that I mean I want to see what positive influence he has on the players he directly coaches which are the midfielders.

Making a judgement on one game alone (which is difficult and relatively meaningless really) our midfield did not perform positively and in particular did not show any additional aggression, defensive pressure/strategies nor improve in the area I feel we are most lacking - teammanship. I want to see Campbell make them accountable to each other, pull them up on their mistakes at training and work together to shepherd, block and tackle.

It has only been one game so I reserve my judgement on him as a assistant coach but until I see improvement and his influence on our midfielders both in attitude and in tactics then I for one am far from confident he will make it as an assistant coach let alone a ready-made senior coach.

Stripes

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: March 31, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
i do hear you stripes and not insulted at all, being a tiger fan as you know can be very stressful

i personally would like hardwick to be our next coach but im in no position to employ the next rfc coach

then again, if by years end, we finish top 4, yes wishful thinking i know, but its a strange game, i reckon all of us would be kissing terry from head to toe

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #304 on: March 31, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
i do hear you stripes and not insulted at all, being a tiger fan as you know can be very stressful

i personally would like hardwick to be our next coach but im in no position to employ the next rfc coach

then again, if by years end, we finish top 4, yes wishful thinking i know, but its a strange game, i reckon all of us would be kissing terry from head to toe

sorry tigertime got to disagree

Wayne has neither  the required coaching experience, nor a history of playing in a succesful culture to be a great coach.

He was a soft footballer whose legacy was not being able to drag his team anywhere other than 9th. Looking for a richmond person to coach richmond would be a disaster, the only people qualified are over 55 yrs old.

Craig Mcrae would be a much much better option as caretaker coach.

Wayne Campbell, Geez, we have to do better than that.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: March 31, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »

Wayne has neither  the required coaching experience, nor a history of playing in a succesful culture to be a great coach.

He was a soft footballer whose legacy was not being able to drag his team anywhere other than 9th. Looking for a richmond person to coach richmond would be a disaster, the only people qualified are over 55 yrs old.

no worries then what the hell do you classify Al Clarkson, Paul Roos and Denis Pagan as?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #306 on: March 31, 2009, 04:08:48 PM »

no worries then what the hell do you classify Al Clarkson, Paul Roos and Denis Pagan as?

You really are clueless arent you.

Pagan had years of success as a premiership coach at U19 and reserves level and was constantly overlooked for the senior gig before he finally got it. Campbell's had one year as an assistant and may years as a player in a poo team

No-one would be arguing against Campbell if he'd proven himself as a coach in a lesser league. He hasnt done anything

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: March 31, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

Hey TT, thanks for naming where you get your information.

A lot of times we ge the old  ;) and  :shh in fact lately there has been heaps of  ;)  ;)  ;) and  :shh  :shh  :shh lately

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #308 on: March 31, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »

I dunno, I wouldn't mind giving that Geez fella a go. ;D

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: March 31, 2009, 05:40:26 PM »

Hey TT, thanks for naming where you get your information.

A lot of times we ge the old  ;) and  :shh in fact lately there has been heaps of  ;)  ;)  ;) and  :shh  :shh  :shh lately
i have nothing to hide, and its not  like rocket told me in confidence and said "hey dont tell anyone , but i tell ya what, wayne would make a great coach , but dont tell anyone hey " lol

he told me alot more of what he thinks about some  players around the traps, but sorry guys and gals, thats confidential

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »

You really are clueless arent you.

Pagan had years of success as a premiership coach at U19 and reserves level and was constantly overlooked for the senior gig before he finally got it. Campbell's had one year as an assistant and may years as a player in a poo team

No-one would be arguing against Campbell if he'd proven himself as a coach in a lesser league. He hasnt done anything

the only clueless one on here is you champ.

FWIW i dont want Campbell i would rather Hardwick or Lethal but it doesn't matter if you are successful or not. It matters little

Hungry great player not so good coach

Tony Shaw- Ditto

I agree we need someone tough both phsically and mentally so they can bring that game to our club.

Sheeds forget it he is finished.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
humgry not a good coach hey? not sure about that

remember the mothers day massacre where we pumped the pies, kb had nothing to work with, his sacking cost us big time, we wil never know how good he could have been as a coach and as soon as he started to get some order, he was shafted and we went back 2 square 1

Moi

« Reply #312 on: March 31, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »
but i guess you are greek
Nothing wrong with our Greek mates on here
well, some of them  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
know who I mean  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
 :rollin

« Reply #313 on: March 31, 2009, 06:19:22 PM »

remember the mothers day massacre where we pumped the pies, kb had nothing to work with, his sacking cost us big time, we wil never know how good he could have been as a coach and as soon as he started to get some order, he was shafted and we went back 2 square 1

You have to excuse Daniel he is still learning to tie his shoelaces and is too young to remember anything prior to this millenium.

:lol

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »

You have to excuse Daniel he is still learning to tie his shoelaces and is too young to remember anything prior to this millenium.

:lol

:lol  daniel is a very negative poster from what i have read of late
but i guess you are greek
Nothing wrong with our Greek mates on here
well, some of them  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
know who I mean  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
 :rollin

no idea sorry