Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30477 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #285 on: March 29, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
Dont worrying about the supporters carrying on,
There high profile supporters who made the club that are furious at the coaching on game day
High profile supporters are the main reason we've been poo for over 25 years

you been listening to my phone calls Monk ? :shh
Just because you have a high opinion of yourself, doesn't make you "high profile"

Your funny.
if it wasnt for high profile supporters putting pressure on March/Wallace  re Cousins, Cuz wouldnt of been drafted and we wouldnt have the extra members or $$$$$$$
Dont you think it was funny that March said there was no way we were taking Cousins and 2 weeks later he was staying at Marchs place.
 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »
Dont worrying about the supporters carrying on,
There high profile supporters who made the club that are furious at the coaching on game day

you been listening to my phone calls Monk ? :shh
Just because you have a high opinion of yourself, doesn't make you "high profile"

Your funny.
if it wasnt for high profile supporters putting pressure on March/Wallace  re Cousins, Cuz wouldnt of been drafted and we wouldnt have the extra members or $$$$$$$
Dont you think it was funny that March said there was no way we were taking Cousins and 2 weeks later he was staying at Marchs place.
 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

I think if our president is making decisions based on some supporters opinions then he should be sacked

Jackstar is back

« Reply #287 on: March 29, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »
i ask you a question and I know the answer I might add, why did he change his tune re Cousins.
If you want too, go google articles on what March said in the papers , then to have him do a 180 degree turn.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

Those high profile supporters have been around the club for 27 years. Wallace has been there less than 5.

Not hard to figure out who has been fuckinh the club up since our last GF appearance.

And they may be influential supporters, but they aint high profile. Because if they were high profile, its their front yards the supporters would be driving manure trucks towards

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #289 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
ABC Grandstand.

Mark Maclure questions whether Wallace has lost the players, while Stan Alves believes it is the players who are shirking the responsibility.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/2009/03/the-burning-iss.html?site=afl

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #290 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »

not the shytehaus players?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2009, 09:59:08 PM »
i ask you a question and I know the answer I might add, why did he change his tune re Cousins.
If you want too, go google articles on what March said in the papers , then to have him do a 180 degree turn.

I think it may have had more to do with the massive support from the AFL and the general public, even opposition supporters. Once the ball was rolling it was pretty hard to stop.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: March 31, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »
I think it may have had more to do with the massive support from the AFL and the general public, even opposition supporters. Once the ball was rolling it was pretty hard to stop.

Yeh his options were pretty limited IMO after the circus built up to the levels it did.  He would have been forever known as the man who stopped Cuz playing footy again. Imagine if he prevented Cuz from playing with the tiges what would have happened after the R1 loss and not having our "saviour" in Cuz playing for us, he would have been blamed totally for that loss.

Ramps

« Reply #293 on: March 31, 2009, 10:07:40 AM »
ABC Grandstand.

Mark Maclure questions whether Wallace has lost the players, while Stan Alves believes it is the players who are shirking the responsibility.

I asked this same question in here afew days ago. Jacko reckons that the answer is YES, the Plough has lost the playing group and that Campbell has their ears.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: March 31, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
ABC Grandstand.

I asked this same question in here afew days ago. Jacko reckons that the answer is YES, the Plough has lost the playing group and that Campbell has their ears.

Sounds like a interesting development but unlikely none the less. Campbell needs to improve his own coaching before he concerns himself with a senior position. He needs to start being harder on the list during training drills and ensure that mistakes made by the midfield group are corrected immediately. He also needs to work on our tackling, shepherding and blocking to create pressure, turnovers and space for players like Foley, Lids, Tuck, White and Jackson. Until he starts to make a positive difference to our midfield unit that is noticable during the season, it will not matter whether he is the most popular assistant coach in Australia, he will have no chance to become a senior coach this year, next year or in the future.

He needs to develop the players he is responsible for and going on our last preformance, the midfield unit was nothing to get excited about.

He and all the coaches need to start making the list more accountable during training and focus on our defensive game as much as our offensive game.

So in my eyes Campbell still has to do a lot more work to even be considered for a future coaching gig. TW is still miles a head of him with the list and tactically but all of them need to improve all we could have all new coaches next year.

Stripes

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: March 31, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »
Campbell has what it takes, be assured of that

Ramps

« Reply #296 on: March 31, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »

For someone who has only made 1 post on OER ...

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: March 31, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
your point is?

oh , sorry i did not know that everyone here are experts!

everyone has a first post by the way, and i have read many of yours, many are very reactionary, very desparate, show no control. but i guess you are greek

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: March 31, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »

The proof is in the pudding and at the moment someone has swapped the salt for the sugar in the ingredients... :P

Whoever coaches our team needs to prove themselves first and Campbell still has to do that as an assistant coach first.

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2009, 01:06:35 PM »
Based on what exactly? Certainly not success