Author Topic: Tom Hislop [merged]  (Read 23389 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 58. Tom Hislop [merged]
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2008, 10:11:16 AM »

Who cares about finals when you win flags fruitloop.

16  since their inception

4 since our last

enough said

You missed the point totally in your haste to hide your ignorance and immaturity by calling people names.  If you want to use the "16 since their inception" argument then we are also a successful club.  Successful clubs make the finals regularly and winning flags is often a by-product of that so to say "who cares about finals" just highlights the stupidity of your argument.  And "4 since our last"?  Lets see then - 1 in the last 15 years and none since 2000 - yep, in December 2006 Hislop walked into a club raging with success, especially when "no-one cares about finals".

Enough said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »
Francis Jackson is a big fan of Hislop and believes he's ready to go for next year. I hope he's right.

We picked up Hislop at #58 because he would've been taken by another club with a pick in the 60s had we waited until pick 70.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2008, 09:35:17 AM »

4 since our last

enough said

You missed the point totally in your haste to hide your ignorance and immaturity by calling people names.  If you want to use the "16 since their inception" argument then we are also a successful club.  Successful clubs make the finals regularly and winning flags is often a by-product of that so to say "who cares about finals" just highlights the stupidity of your argument.  And "4 since our last"?  Lets see then - 1 in the last 15 years and none since 2000 - yep, in December 2006 Hislop walked into a club raging with success, especially when "no-one cares about finals".

Enough said.

4 since our last amigo.

get your head out of ur behind for once and look at the big picture.

we have failed as a football club and its people like you who accept medicore which will see another year of near misses.

picking up Hislop and Mcmahon will do nothing for our Football club, but blooding our own will.

Axel- Great find
Moore- Great find

Hislop, Thomson mcmahon= duds
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »

4 since our last

enough said

Enough said.

4 since our last amigo.

we have failed as a football club and its people like you who accept medicore which will see another year of near misses.

picking up Hislop and Mcmahon will do nothing for our Football club, but blooding our own will.

Axel- Great find
Moore- Great find

You certainly have taken over from Jackstar as OER's biggest knob

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »

get your head out of ur behind.....

Can't do that as I have no idea who or what is "ur behind".

...... its people like you who accept medicore .......

Who I do or do not choose as my health fund provider is no business of yours.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »
I think you maybe a bit harsh on McMahon and our new recruits Thomson and Hislop daniel. I can see your point in terms of bringing in youth rather than recycled players but youth often lets you down. At least with Hislop and Thomson we know exactly what we are getting which are good servicable players where with a third and fourth round pick - they often don't make it at all.

McMahon has been a good player for us. He is an outside player who needs to be feed the ball so he looks terrible in a losing side but brilliant in a winning side. Like this type of players or not you need them for their delivery and finishing skills and McMahon is great kick and mover of the ball. A few times this year he seemed to have clanger after clanger but this was because of the pressure he was placed under by the opposition. We weren't winning the ball in close so he was not given the space he needed to target a player upfield.

I don't necessary like outside players because they seem to take all the credit for the ball winners hard work but you need them and McMahon is a good outside player.

Hislop has barely stepped foot in the door so I haven't much of an opinion of him as yet. All I know is that he was highly rated as a draftee but let himself off field. He comes into the squad with two years of development behind him and a strong body. He has a fierce attitude and attack on the ball which I love in a player so if he just pull his head out of his a$@# and start to focus as a member of a team he could a great midfielder for us. At worst he will motivate our existing midfielders to work even harder to keep their spot.

Thomson is a similiar story for me. I really know little about him other than he is a standout in terms of clearances, hard in and under type who didn't have many opportunities at Port. My biggest question mark over this guy is that I don't rate the Port midfielder in general so if he couldn't find a place in their line-up then perhaps he isn't good enough to make it into ours. The only excuse he may have is his age and stage of development which is what I hope was the reason.

Stripes

Ramps

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2008, 11:13:03 AM »
There is always room in 22s for a Hislop and Thomson, the thing is not to over do it with these types. We need to continue to bring in high quality youngsters now. Hislop & Thomson have filled the gap we had in terms of aggressive and hard at it midfielders.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »
I think you maybe a bit harsh on McMahon and our new recruits Thomson and Hislop daniel. I can see your point in terms of bringing in youth rather than recycled players but youth often lets you down. At least with Hislop and Thomson we know exactly what we are getting which are good servicable players where with a third and fourth round pick - they often don't make it at all.

McMahon has been a good player for us. He is an outside player who needs to be feed the ball so he looks terrible in a losing side but brilliant in a winning side. Like this type of players or not you need them for their delivery and finishing skills and McMahon is great kick and mover of the ball. A few times this year he seemed to have clanger after clanger but this was because of the pressure he was placed under by the opposition. We weren't winning the ball in close so he was not given the space he needed to target a player upfield.

I don't necessary like outside players because they seem to take all the credit for the ball winners hard work but you need them and McMahon is a good outside player.

Hislop has barely stepped foot in the door so I haven't much of an opinion of him as yet. All I know is that he was highly rated as a draftee but let himself off field. He comes into the squad with two years of development behind him and a strong body. He has a fierce attitude and attack on the ball which I love in a player so if he just pull his head out of his a$@# and start to focus as a member of a team he could a great midfielder for us. At worst he will motivate our existing midfielders to work even harder to keep their spot.

Thomson is a similiar story for me. I really know little about him other than he is a standout in terms of clearances, hard in and under type who didn't have many opportunities at Port. My biggest question mark over this guy is that I don't rate the Port midfielder in general so if he couldn't find a place in their line-up then perhaps he isn't good enough to make it into ours. The only excuse he may have is his age and stage of development which is what I hope was the reason.

Stripes

Well said Stripes  :thumbsup , probably too logical and honest an assessment for some though.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »
Well said Stripes  :thumbsup , probably too logical and honest an assessment for some though.

Totally agree - well said Stripes :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2008, 02:14:09 PM »
Hislop's second coming

RICHMOND recruit Tom Hislop says he is hoping to turn over a new leaf after being abruptly delisted by Essendon.

Hislop was cut from the Bombers just two years after being drafted at pick 20 in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft and admits he had discipline problems during his time at Windy Hill.

“I’ll probably make smarter decisions off the field. When I first came over I had a few little hiccups but I’ve learnt from those lessons and I’m looking forward to my time at Richmond,” he said.

“I think I’m pretty professional but there were a few little things that happened. I know that I’ve changed and I’m ready to make a name for myself at Richmond.”

The 20-year-old says he is hoping to turn over a new leaf after swapping his red sash for a yellow one.

“Everyone at the club’s been great; they said they’re going to judge me on what I do from day one here. It’s great to have the head coach behind me,” he said.

“I spoke with Richmond a couple of days before the draft and they were willing to give me another chance. I was extremely grateful to get another chance and I want to make the most of this one.

“It was a bit of a wake-up call for me and I want to give it everything I’ve got and make a career out of it.”

While the Tigers had told Hislop they were interested, he still faced a nervous wait as he watched the draft unfold.

“My mum came over from Tassie and I was sitting at home watching it on the Internet. It was starting to get a bit late and I was a bit nervous but once my name was called out I was over the moon and really happy to come to Richmond,” he said.

Hislop said he hoped to play a midfield role with the Tigers, citing his ball-winning ability as his major strength.

“I haven’t spoken about that too much with Terry yet but he said they need another inside midfielder and I’ve played there my whole career. I’m looking to get it inside and give it out to our quicker outside players,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsid=70642
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »

4 since our last

enough said

Enough said.

4 since our last amigo.

Axel- Great find
Moore- Great find

Moore was rubbish untill he was 23.

Hislop was very highly rated in the 06 'superdraft', only 20 yoa and yet you think there is no chance he could come good?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2008, 07:25:19 PM »

4 since our last

enough said

Enough said.

4 since our last amigo.

Axel- Great find
Moore- Great find

Moore was rubbish untill he was 23.

Hislop was very highly rated in the 06 'superdraft', only 20 yoa and yet you think there is no chance he could come good?

no there is every chance he will come good very much like Moore but what im saying is why did we pick him up when he couldn't get a spot in the Bombers pathetic midfield.

Also i agree with dumping Meyer but why did we then recruit a player like Hislop with similar off field issues. This is very frustrating IMO.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »

Also i agree with dumping Meyer but why did we then recruit a player like Hislop with similar off field issues.
What off field issues did Meyer have?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2008, 07:50:52 PM »

Also i agree with dumping Meyer but why did we then recruit a player like Hislop with similar off field issues.
What off field issues did Meyer have?

didn't try hard enough. Head was elsewhere. took for granted playing for the RFC.

We need to rid our team of idiots like this not recruit them. JON as much as i cant wait for him to be delisted at least tries.
He is not up to rigours of senior player but you cant doubt he works hard at Coburg.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »

4 since our last

enough said

Enough said.

4 since our last amigo.

Axel- Great find
Moore- Great find

You certainly have taken over from Jackstar as OER's biggest knob

Come on now Infamy thats a bit harsh.

Although jack was a knob, at least at times he had some idea of what he was talking about and very occasionally gave some insightful ideas.