Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane on the Gold Coast - Friday March 13  (Read 11292 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane on the Gold Coast - Friday March 13
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
good reports smoke and julz, tell me do you think cuz game was an improvement on his hitout v the pies?

Big improvement.  He looked far more polished this time and on the pace much more.  He stood out many times whereas vs Collingwood I thought he was quite anonymous.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
good reports smoke and julz, tell me do you think cuz game was an improvement on his hitout v the pies?

Big improvement.  He looked far more polished this time and on the pace much more.  He stood out many times whereas vs Collingwood I thought he was quite anonymous.

I said of his debut that he rarely showed the cuz trademark dash in jumping out of the blocks and carrying the pill, is that what you mean?
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »

I said of his debut that he rarely showed the cuz trademark dash in jumping out of the blocks and carrying the pill, is that what you mean?

He did that a couple of times but what stood out more was the ease with which he threaded himself through traffic to give off a perfect pass (by hand or foot).  At times you would have thought "he's gone" but he just dances around opponents like they are standing still.  And what was noticeable was that he kept up with the pace of the game much better and for much longer.  I think the 'dashes' are in there just waiting for that little bit more fitness to really appear.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
Prediction- Browne will be promoted from the rookie list for Petts and will play round 1. Take it to the BANK

Which BANK  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »

He did that a couple of times but what stood out more was the ease with which he threaded himself through traffic to give off a perfect pass (by hand or foot).  At times you would have thought "he's gone" but he just dances around opponents like they are standing still.  And what was noticeable was that he kept up with the pace of the game much better and for much longer.  I think the 'dashes' are in there just waiting for that little bit more fitness to really appear.
You can see that at training also. He's able to do more and more. As long as Cuz's body/hammies can cope with the continuous weekly recovery from an AFL game then watch out 2nd half of the year. He's well ahead of where I thought he'd be at this stage. Fingers crossed  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2009, 11:18:45 PM »

Great report smokey  :clapping  :bow  :cheers

The switching of play from midfield/wing to the opposite HFF you mention was something noticeable we were working on during training on Wednesday. Obviously trying to outflank the opposition. Good to hear we were able to convert our good training onto the park against real opposition.

You're right about Blingers. He can play good footy when he believes in himself. He needs to do so more consistently though.

Hopefully Whitey is in for a big year. His pace can be a damaging weapon for us if he gets enough of the ball especially forward of centre.

Did Bowden push forward at times or was he used mainly behind the ball?

Thanks MT.  Bowden played a role very similar to what we saw from Richo last year.  He floated from full back to full forward and provided a heap of 'link up' - more from behind the ball but some forward as he led and marked from the forward 50 on a couple of occasions.  He was very important to the setup and very damaging.  It is another wildcard that opposition teams will have to consider because he almost demanded a tagger playing in the manner he did last night.  The 30+ possession games might not be so prevalent in this role but he will be much more effective.  This is all dependant on him playing this role for the season of course!
[/font][/font][/color]

BOWDO the new RICHO  :whistle :whistle :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2009, 06:48:19 PM »
BOWDO the new RICHO  :whistle :whistle :whistle
That would make Joel a Brownlow chance  ;) :whistle
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2009, 08:55:46 PM »
River bank.
Pettifer expected to be right to play in 3 weeks.

Or possibly the First National Bank of Zimbabwee