Author Topic: Bowden retires [merged]  (Read 20591 times)

Offline intelligent_blonde

• Tiger Rookie
Re: Bowden retires [merged]
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2009, 06:03:43 PM »
Did anyone go to the Testimonal last night? What was it like?

Ox

« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »

It is the softest thing that I have seen in Joel Bowden's career, and there has been plenty of those moments in his career.

more in terms of,"fitting".
it sits nicely with
1-the footage of him rushing behinds.
2-footage of him squibbing against colonwood
3-footage of him turning the ball over
4-early footage of him lairising the ball
5-footage of him and his brother laying doubles footy

can't believe i missed it - 2 busy watching lids get gang raped while he gave one of them a handjob

weak as iss

Tigermonk

« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2009, 06:35:36 AM »
weak like you s  ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2009, 09:09:11 AM »
For not fighting Joel thats not a good sign but l suppose when a club turns thier back on you like March, Cameron & Rawlings then why should he.

It wasn't his club out there on Saturday it was 17 of his team mates and one that needed assistance.

Good change of avator TM  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »
For not fighting Joel thats not a good sign but l suppose when a club turns thier back on you like March, Cameron & Rawlings then why should he.

It wasn't his club out there on Saturday it was 17 of his team mates and one that needed assistance.

Good change of avator TM  :thumbsup

Yep Kingy is my new favorite player. Just wished more in the side had a heart like him  ;D shame his season is over  :lol was worth the hit to Didak  :lol it dropped him.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2009, 05:25:31 AM »
Joel needs to go out on a personal blaze of glory now that we are definentely not going to win. I would respect him more if he did this. Find that little twirp Thomas and knock him out, then remonstrate with a few others and throw a few the way Brown Lynch and Wakelin were throwing haymakers in the 2004 Grand Final. It's not as if he's playing next week. Then he can honestly come off the ground with his head held high.

By the way () )( great assessment. :clapping

Well. he had his chance for that in the 2nd qu Tucker, when 4 players stacked on top of Kingy. Players came running from all over the ground to support him. Joel, who was standing right next to it, reached in underneath Kingy, while he still had 4 players on top of him, and grabbed the ball so he could hand it to the umpire.

That footage will be replayed over and over tomorrow, watch it, and I urge all Joel supporters to watch what he does while a team mate is getting crushed.

It is the softest thing that I have seen in Joel Bowden's career, and there has been plenty of those moments in his career.

DC i noticed it as well, you also see Nathan Brown stand right next to Joel while its happening looking at the umpire waiting for the eventual ball up. Didn't look good at all.

noticed it when i  watched the game for the first time.  and the more replays i watch, the more disgusted i got....

Tigermonk

« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »
Bowden was not the only player not involved in the fight so dont know why alot of you are just pointing him out.
There was others standing watching. Joel had no need to possibly get himself reported as it would not be a good idea if he wants to get picked up by another club.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2009, 11:09:19 AM »
noticed it when i  watched the game for the first time.  and the more replays i watch, the more disgusted i got....

What really gets on my 'goat' peggles is what led to that blue in the first place, it was the brilliant tackle by Kingy, he was determined not to let Didak get that kick away, and just out of sheer desperation, he got a fingernail on Didak, turned that into getting a hand on Didak, and just out of sheer determination he was able to drag Didak down in the tackle. It was a critical tackle, Didak was about to launch it to FF. But Joel wouldn't know anything about the desperation required in that situation.

Joel should have ripped all 4 players off him, picked him up and said 'well done son'. Watching it again last night drove me crazy  :banghead
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

TigerTimeII

« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
oh well, joel and kb, both tiger greats, both pussies when it comes to fighting

but can tell u now, joel has more courage and balls than what kb ever had

ppl forget that only days after having facial cheekbone surgury, joel was back out there........so much for a gutless
player.... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »

ppl forget that only days after having facial cheekbone surgury, joel was back out there........so much for a gutless

Pure bravery. He will be getting a nomination for a  :nopity Victoria Cross and a Purple Heart soon. :nopity

Tigermonk

« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2009, 07:07:49 AM »

:clapping :clapping people forget TT, the ones that bag Joel are the ones who beleive Richmond are not poo

Moi

« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2009, 07:21:19 AM »

:clapping :clapping people forget TT, the ones that bag Joel are the ones who beleive Richmond are not poo
Great logic, Einstein lol  ???

Tigermonk

« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2009, 07:25:12 AM »
 ::)  :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle

TigerTimeII

« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2009, 10:03:43 AM »

its not logic moi,
its the truth!!
kb on sen has admited many times when the fights/ brawls started , he ran the other way!!!!!!
but no one bags kb!!!!

Ox

« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29:52 PM »

its not logic moi,
its the truth!!
kb on sen has admited many times when the fights/ brawls started , he ran the other way!!!!!!
but no one bags kb!!!!

lmao@ somehow copmparing Bowden to kb :wallywink

That's how deluded u toolz are. :rollin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:09:20 PM by one-eyed »