Author Topic: Bowden retires [merged]  (Read 20607 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Bowden retires [merged]
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2009, 09:33:13 AM »
Rawlings conflict with Bowden will see him put in a position where he wont have much inpact on the game
Rawlings & RFC wont want to be shown they were wrong & that also goes for Shane Tuck
Too many wrong decisions at Richmond. Hope the medical staff are given the day off.  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bowden's AFL farewell to inspire Tigers: Rawlings (Fairfax)
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
Bowden's AFL farewell to inspire Tigers
Sam Lienert
August 14, 2009 - 2:09PM .

Richmond caretaker coach Jade Rawlings says the Tigers want to acknowledge Joel Bowden's contribution to the club when he plays his last AFL match against Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday.

The 31-year-old two-time best and fairest has been out of the side since Rawlings took over ahead of round 12, but has been recalled for a 265th and final game against the Magpies.

"It's important to acknowledge him, he's been an outstanding contributor to the footy club and he's Richmond through and through," Rawlings said.

"The players hold him in high regard, as does the whole footy club, so we'll go about it in a reasonable way internally and acknowledge what he's done and then he has his testimonial to follow up tomorrow night.

"It would be good to go to that function after a win."

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/bowdens-afl-farewell-to-inspire-tigers-20090814-ekse.html

bushranger

« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »
That what was in the last post would be a no brainer.
He is, and aways will be a Tiger.
So Rawlings saying this is only to make himself look better. I think anyway.

Tigermonk

Re: Bowden's AFL farewell to inspire Tigers: Rawlings (Fairfax)
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2009, 07:49:55 AM »
Sam Lienert

Richmond caretaker coach Jade Rawlings says the Tigers want to acknowledge Joel Bowden's contribution to the club when he plays his last AFL match against Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday.

The 31-year-old two-time best and fairest has been out of the side since Rawlings took over ahead of round 12, but has been recalled for a 265th and final game against the Magpies.

"It's important to acknowledge him, he's been an outstanding contributor to the footy club and he's Richmond through and through," Rawlings said.

"The players hold him in high regard, as does the whole footy club, so we'll go about it in a reasonable way internally and acknowledge what he's done and then he has his testimonial to follow up tomorrow night.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/bowdens-afl-farewell-to-inspire-tigers-20090814-ekse.html

where was March, Rawlings, Cameron,  when Bowden was doing his press conference  :chuck sad the Richmond football club

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2009, 08:17:09 AM »
where was March, Rawlings, Cameron,  when Bowden was doing his press conference  :chuck sad the Richmond football club

Why don't you ask Joel  :rollin ;D ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2009, 08:17:44 AM »
Sam Lienert

Yet another player hung out to dry.

Tigermonk

« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2009, 08:29:20 AM »

already know  ;D

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2009, 08:33:48 AM »

already know  ;D
Well lets us all in and tell us why!

Tigermonk

« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2009, 08:39:48 AM »

if l told you would have to terminate you  ;D

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2009, 08:43:48 AM »

So you dont really know then!

Tigermonk

« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2009, 08:45:57 AM »

No l do know but its Joel who can tell the supporters, maybe he will write it in his book. It should be called How the Tigers bit my tail off  ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2009, 10:35:09 AM »
 :cuddles

No l do know but its Joel who can tell the supporters, maybe he will write it in his book. It should be called How the Tigers bit my tail off  ;D
:cuddles

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ox

« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »
First chapter in Joels book.

1-Being Me

"I started as a promising youngster,the only truly talented sibling of my litter.
For the first couple of seasons of my career I showed flair and impressive level of skill.
It was then i realised,i didn't have to work as hard as everybody else - i was "one of those" players!"
Unfortunately being elite attracts its critics whose motives are essentially driven by jealousy.
Being so good,it's fair to say i was a victim of such crimes.
Being bigger than the club was also a problem for me.
It's not as though i asked for it,it's just that,i guess,someone has to bear the burden of perfection.

============================================================================

Well done Joel.
Thanks for the memories!
Best of luck with the future.
 :clapping
If only the club had have done it your way

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »
The only guy putting his hand up today, he should go around again next year...  ::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2009, 03:31:54 PM »
Joel needs to go out on a personal blaze of glory now that we are definentely not going to win. I would respect him more if he did this. Find that little twirp Thomas and knock him out, then remonstrate with a few others and throw a few the way Brown Lynch and Wakelin were throwing haymakers in the 2004 Grand Final. It's not as if he's playing next week. Then he can honestly come off the ground with his head held high.

By the way () )( great assessment. :clapping