Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 48035 times)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
Burgoyne with the PSD or nothing at all.  do not want to give away any picks this year.

Id give up a fourth round pick but no serious picks.

true. but i think the chance of port accepthing a 4th round pick for him is slim.  better to get hardwick to convince burgoyne to come to us through the PSD

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »
Burgoyne with the PSD or nothing at all.  do not want to give away any picks this year.
Mark Williams has form in this area (ie. when Nick Stevens wanted out).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
Peter Rohde is a better operator than that when it comes to list management.

Schulz would have to be a chance to be used as bait - pity Clever has already been chopped as he kicked 7 against em.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
Hughes can still be traded if he wants to get to a particular club

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
Sarge and especially Cleve would have zero trade value. We'd be lucky to get a 5th round pick for Sarge now.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Maturity may be a key in trading, says Nixon (Age)
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2009, 04:41:47 AM »
Maturity may be a key in trading, says Nixon
Brent Diamond | September 13, 2009

PLAYER manager Ricky Nixon suggests teams will be jostling for mature bodies in what he expects to be the busiest trade week in which he has been involved.

Because of a perceived shallow talent pool in next month's AFL draft, Nixon believes teams will be swift in trading draft picks for more established players from other teams or even state leagues.

"There will be a lot more trades this year than there's ever been and I'm the most anti-trade bloke of all time. I just think it's been a waste of time over the last 10 years, but this year it might work." Nixon said on radio SEN.

He said there had been interest from ''a number of clubs in the last couple of weeks about trying to get 21 and 22-year-olds into the system a bit more''.

"I think we'll see a lot more players come out of the VFL system which is probably good for football, to be honest,'' he said.

Nixon added: ''If I had a pick in the first 10, I wouldn't trade it and anything outside of 10 I'd get rid of it."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/maturity-may-be-a-key-in-trading-says-nixon/2009/09/12/1252519680441.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »
Ash Hansen may end up on the trade market

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ashley-hansen-may-look-east-if-west-coast-is-toast/story-e6frf9io-1225772200109

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fremantle is expected to insist on a first-round draft pick for a package of Tarrant and Peake or Dodd.

"We will not be trading our first pick," Dockers chief executive Steve Rosich said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-draft-picks-off-limits/story-e6frf9io-1225772200283

----------------------------------------------------------------
Snippet in the Herald-Sun in the hardcopy version...

CARLTON has identified West Coast backman Matt Spangher as a likely target in next month's trade period. The athletic defender is out-of-contract and, after four years in Perth, is weighing up offers to return home to Victoria.

The athletic defender is out-of-contract and, after four years in Perth, is weighing up offers to return home to Victoria.

After playing the best game of his 18-match career against Richmond in Round 22, the 193cm back-flanker has spent the past week in Melbourne and is yet to commit to the Eagles.

Intent on strengthening its back half as part of an assault on the top four next season, Carlton is understood to be keen on the 22-year-old defender who played TAC Cup for Eastern Ranges.

Hawthorn has also registered its interest in Spangher along with a bevy of other defenders including Josh Gibson, from North Melbourne, Brian Lake, from the Western Bulldogs, and Fremantle's Marcus Drum.

West Coast is intent on keeping Spangher, who it drafted with pick 34 in the 2005 national draft.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
Ash Hansen may end up on the trade market

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ashley-hansen-may-look-east-if-west-coast-is-toast/story-e6frf9io-1225772200109

Lol.  :lol

Fremantle is expected to insist on a first-round draft pick for a package of Tarrant and Peake or Dodd.

"We will not be trading our first pick," Dockers chief executive Steve Rosich said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-draft-picks-off-limits/story-e6frf9io-1225772200283

Even more hilarious.  ;D

CARLTON has identified West Coast backman Matt Spangher as a likely target in next month's trade period. The athletic defender is out-of-contract and, after four years in Perth, is weighing up offers to return home to Victoria.

AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.   Gold.   :rollin  :birthday

Quality news day.

EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »
Hughes can still be traded if he wants to get to a particular club

Do Norwood have any picks in the AFL draft?
 :pray
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2009, 10:19:27 PM »
We'd be lucky to get a 5th round pick for Sarge now.

Agreed. However I can see him as a bit part of a more complicated exchange of draft picks/players.

I seriously doubt he will be at Richmond next season.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2009, 05:12:12 AM »
Lake likely to re-sign with the Dogs for $1.8m over 4 years.

The Hawks were offering him $550k a year. The Swans have told his manager they are out of the running.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/lake-ready-to-accept-18m-deal/2009/09/13/1252780223197.html

Ex-Lion Richard Hadley could return to the Gabba from Carlton.

Although the general consensus is that Brisbane needs speedy outside players who can use the ball well, their shortcomings at stoppages in key games this year suggests they also need to bolster their ball-winning ability.

Voss identified the ability to win contested possessions as a main factor in Brisbane's 51-point semi-final loss to the Bulldogs on Friday night.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26066734-10389,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »

Agreed. However I can see him as a bit part of a more complicated exchange of draft picks/players.

If it helps us get another decent pick I won't be complaining. Sarge will spend most of his time at Coburg if he stays on with us.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »

If it helps us get another decent pick I won't be complaining. Sarge will spend most of his time at Coburg if he stays on with us.

Been a major disappointment Sarge. One of the biggest at Tigerland over the last 3 decades given the time and resources he's used up.
It's only our quest for quality KPPs that has seen him last this long.

He's got a better kick on him than most in our team but is too deficient in other areas to ever be a consistent AFL class footballer.
Certainly won't be at Richmond.

Was really hoping things would have fallen into place in '09 after a promising '08 but they were not to be and whilst I reckon Wallet stuffed around his development somewhat, I won't be holding my breath any longer that Hardwick could get him to pull his finger out as i reckon too much water has passed under the bridge for Jay at Richmond.

Best for all concerned that he's moved on, whatever it takes.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
Sarge will get us nothing. I would be very surprised if we were to receive a draft pick for him. Hughes I feel will get us nothing either.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2009, 06:43:05 PM »
Yep we missed that boat 2 years ago.