Author Topic: 2009 Membership - "Total Tiger"  (Read 33212 times)

Ramps

Re: 2009 Membership - "Total Tiger"
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:40 AM »
The Grand Final Guarantee is another brilliant revenue raiser in the money for jam category. Itll be interesting to see how many GFG's are sold this year and what type of revenue it brings in.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2009, 01:23:29 PM »
The Grand Final Guarantee is another brilliant revenue raiser in the money for jam category. Itll be interesting to see how many GFG's are sold this year and what type of revenue it brings in.

It got my hard-earned.  I couldn't bear the thought of going through all these years of pain and anguish only to miss out on the next flag.   :'(

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »
Lads the implications of PooPooMcphee's figures from the BF board are huge.

In essence we have, at the moment. more or at least as many  paid up menbers as Carlton, Essendon or Collingwood. Ticketed/non ticketed....who cares. It is people fishing out the money and paying to be members. The huge non ticketed in not down to Cuz. We had 9,000 last year. It is down to how our package is put together.

Membership potential and crowd drawing potentila at Tigerland is at least as big as Collingwood and is bigger than Carlton. In 2007 we were the biggest ever drawing spoons. In 2008 we had 39,000 members - only 2,000 short of Juddton and Essendon - while coming off a spoon and with no hype. We will have 45,000 this year and possibly more which will probably equal Collingwood and beat Carlton by thousands.

A successful Richmond has always been among the top 2 supported clubs in Victoria and will be again. Top 4 this year and we WILL be top selling membership club in 2010 and only the Hawk bandwagon is stopping us this year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2009, 05:57:46 PM »
Hilarious reading all these BF Bomber and Blues fans in shock and in denial they have slipped behind us and we haven't even played a game yet lol.

It got my hard-earned.  I couldn't bear the thought of going through all these years of pain and anguish only to miss out on the next flag.   :'(
Same here smokey  :thumbsup.

They were going to cap the GFG so I don't know if they are close to the max. or there's still plenty available.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2009, 03:37:13 PM »
 heres a heads up for all you interstate members  if you intend to see the Tigers in your home state I suggest you book now  for those of you in the west  bad luck  both matches are fully booked already  ive just got off the phone with the membership dept  it doesnt matter if your a player sponsor or been a member for the past 9 years  its a first in best dressed so bugger me it looks as if ive missed out already
 not happy jan  the ben cousins effect  :banghead :banghead :banghead while good for the bank balance has had a negative effect on us loyal members and apparently there is nothing the club can do about it expect place us on a wait list

im fuming  bloody johhny come latelys taking my seat  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2009, 03:44:11 PM »
heres a heads up for all you interstate members  if you intend to see the Tigers in your home state I suggest you book now  for those of you in the west  bad luck  both matches are fully booked already  ive just got off the phone with the membership dept  it doesnt matter if your a player sponsor or been a member for the past 9 years  its a first in best dressed so bugger me it looks as if ive missed out already
 not happy jan  the ben cousins effect  :banghead :banghead :banghead while good for the bank balance has had a negative effect on us loyal members and apparently there is nothing the club can do about it expect place us on a wait list

im fuming  bloody johhny come latelys taking my seat  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

And to add insult to injury for members in Qld - your RFC membership doesn't get you into our home game on the Gold Coast - you still have to pay!!  The club got that wrong big time - interstate members do it tough enough already without 'rubbing their noses in it' too.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »
I feel for you both. How early do you have to book?! Are all the Western Austrailian seats taken up by Freo and WC supporters?

Not right about the GoldCoast game either.

I better book my reserve seat at the 'G for the Carlton game now! Even at the end of the year when we played the Blues the second time my membership got me through the gates but where I usually sit was reserved. I got to the game 2 and a half hours early and still got shi.te seats. This year will only be worse.

How much extra does a reserve seat cost on top of a standard membership?

Stripes

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »
Mmm I'm also ticking about Round 1 seating and wondering if it will be announced as ticketed only and whether it's best to get in early and reserve a seat before they announce it's ticketed.

Of course then it might not be ticketed and I've just wasted money on a seat that might not have been where I really preferred to sit.  :-\
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline F0551L

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2009, 04:00:33 PM »
I feel for you both. How early do you have to book?! Are all the Western Austrailian seats taken up by Freo and WC supporters?

Not right about the GoldCoast game either.

I better book my reserve seat at the 'G for the Carlton game now! Even at the end of the year when we played the Blues the second time my membership got me through the gates but where I usually sit was reserved. I got to the game 2 and a half hours early and still got shi.te seats. This year will only be worse.

How much extra does a reserve seat cost on top of a standard membership?

Stripes

according to the club there is 500 seats allocated for RFC   in the letter they send out it states

" to secure your entry and seat at a maxium of two interstate games you must RSVP at least 4 weeks before the game this can be done by contacting member and supporter services via the following options" ...

it would be more appropriate to say  do it now or else there is a big chance you will miss out

EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
I'm coming down to the Carlton game with a couple of my sons - can anyone tell me how early you can book seats?  I always thought it was 2 weeks out but I rarely book, just walk in.

Offline F0551L

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »

And to add insult to injury for members in Qld - your RFC membership doesn't get you into our home game on the Gold Coast - you still have to pay!!  The club got that wrong big time - interstate members do it tough enough already without 'rubbing their noses in it' too.

how can that be   a home game is a home game  wether its in VIC or QLD or where ever   
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
I'm coming down to the Carlton game with a couple of my sons - can anyone tell me how early you can book seats?  I always thought it was 2 weeks out but I rarely book, just walk in.

Pretty sure it is the Monday 4 weeks prior

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »

Unfortunately due to overwhelming demand this season and limited tickets available to the Club, the following matches are at capacity and can no longer be offered to Country/Interstate 5  members:

Saturday May 30 - Fremantle v Richmond at Subiaco Oval

Friday August 28 - West Coast v Richmond at Subiaco Oval

Tickets to Fremantle v Richmond and West Coast v Richmond can be purchased through Ticketmaster two weeks prior to the game by calling 1300 136 122 (calling outside WA) or 1300 135 915 (calling within WA).

http://www.clubsonline.com.au/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=Display_Product&ProductID=3421&OrgID=3811

Club members can buy round 1 tickets on the 2nd of March via Ticketek.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »

That sux 632. I didn't even realise tickets for the H/A season were on sale yet  ???.

It might be a long shot 632 but try contacting the RFC cheer squad and become a member. I think it costs around $20 per person. You could then ask if you can get a seat with the cheer squad at Subi. Surely a section behind the goals (left tv end) would be allocated to the visiting cheer squad.

As for the games on the Gold Coast, the club should have created a special 1-game membership for Queensland RFC members. Apparently Collingwood has some 2-game membership so that type of membership isn't out of the norm.

Speaking of the Gold Coast game, has the Club announced which game is the make-up one for members?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »

Are you a Country/Interstate 5 member, Smokey?

If so, according to the membership booklet you can nominate the Gold Coast home game as a substitute game.

EDIT: I see in an earlier post you got the GFG. That's not available to Country/Interstate 5 members, so the answer to my question is "no".
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:02:47 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott