Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 904410 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1980 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1981 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
Luke Darcy is boring.

Don't care about the crossed wrists crap. He's a good footballer that's my primary concern.

Sign or trade him.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1982 on: September 09, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
Lmao@ Darcy fancying himself as the 60 minutes journo of football.

Nice loaded interview with Dank you channel 7,

Dumb rat.

How long until he writes a book.

LMFAFO.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:35:46 PM by WilliamPowell »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1983 on: September 09, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »
Farcy diverting everyone from the paleotologists searching for his team's last flag.
:lol :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1984 on: September 09, 2013, 10:49:31 PM »
With Tuck retiring that surely free up some space. :shh

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1985 on: September 10, 2013, 12:19:14 AM »
Tigers want part of Dustys salary paid outside of the cap.

Slowly slowly it seems.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1986 on: September 10, 2013, 12:24:14 AM »
Dan Richo will get this done. It's what we got him for. Lol @ all the Collingwood vermin on twitter already jizzing themselves at the thought of him in black and white.

Dusty said a week or so ago that he will be staying at Richmond when the media confronted him outside Punt road.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1987 on: September 10, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »
I just think a big deal has been made out of this jailhouse gesture.

It was the no deal sign

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1988 on: September 10, 2013, 12:34:02 AM »
It was the " I'm not gonna kick another goal in this match" sign.
Caracella and Balmey.

dwaino

« Reply #1989 on: September 10, 2013, 12:39:48 AM »
I thought he was warding off gypsies.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1990 on: September 10, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »
Tigers' contract fight

Jon Pierik and Caroline Wilson
    The Age
    September 10, 2013

Richmond is fighting to retain two of its key young stars, with Reece Conca beginning to consider a shift home to Perth and a third-party agreement emerging as one stumbling block in Dustin Martin's contract negotiations.

As the AFL asked Richmond on Monday to explain Dustin Martin's emotional jailhouse salute after his second-quarter goal against Carlton on Sunday, it was revealed the Tigers are keen for Martin to also be paid for a mentoring role with indigenous youth at Punt Road's Korin Gamadji Institute.

The Tigers have asked the AFL to approve a deal allowing Martin to be paid outside the salary cap. But the AFL revised its third-party agreement rules late last year, tightening the criteria for approval.

It then ruled earlier this year that Chris Judd's payments as a Visy ambassador, which had sat outside of the salary cap, were now to be split between the salary cap and injury-allowance payments. It is understood Geelong's Joel Selwood and Collingwood's Dane Swan have similar deals.

While the Tigers face a salary-cap squeeze, Martin remains one of the planks the Tigers want to build around, but the onballer had wanted about $600,000 a season to remain. The Tigers are offering about $500,000.

It is understood the parties recently were close to a two-year deal, but Martin's manager, Ralph Carr, is now unhappy with some points of the contract. Carr said there was ''nothing to report'' when contacted on Monday.

The Tigers remain confident of retaining the pair. Tigers football operations manager Dan Richardson said at the weekend a deal with Martin was ''very close'', with the finer details to be hammered out now the season is over.

The AFL has asked Richmond to investigate why Martin offered the jailhouse salute, which came in front of the biggest crowd ever at an elimination final. It is considering taking a stand and fining Martin to stamp out a growing trend among players.

The AFL's football operations boss Mark Evans confirmed he was concerned by Martin's gesture but would wait for an official explanation from the club before taking any further action. ''We definitely have an issue with players making certain gestures and we've asked Richmond to investigate what motivated Dustin's,'' said Evans.

In the past the AFL has left any disciplinary action up to the club concerned. Earlier this season the Essendon leadership group spoke with Michael Hibberd to ensure the 'handcuff' gesture was not repeated.

However, it is understood the AFL could issue a statement against such a gesture being repeated and could even consider fining Martin should it be established his had prison connotations.

Collingwood small forward Andrew Krakouer, another who has done the jailhouse salute, tweeted his support for Martin, but the posting was later removed. Former St Kilda duo Brendon Goddard and Michael Gardiner have also celebrated kicking a goal in the same way.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-contract-fight-20130909-2tg3x.html#ixzz2ePc46KYd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1991 on: September 10, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
I what not pay Martin let alone 500k or 600k what he wants.Overated and goes missing in big games as we seen on Sunday.This contract with Martin has to be put to a stop cause week after week it's in the media and it may have affected the club to.Take it or leave it we paid him over the odds last contract and got his life on track and afl career  this year now his holding us ransom.Dees offered us pick 2 as there after midfielders I would take it.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1992 on: September 10, 2013, 06:28:05 AM »
I thought he was warding off gypsies.

:clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1993 on: September 10, 2013, 07:48:12 AM »
Leon Cameron has Dusty Martin in his plans. He has the carrots daggling for him to join the Scullywag. Richmond don't have the money under the cap to match it & this could see a Conk out  ;D or possible lose both.  :banghead 

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1994 on: September 10, 2013, 08:20:51 AM »
A real club would trade him.

We would get Taylor Adams and 1st round draft pick for him

Can't agree

A real club wouldn't. You don't invest in a player like this and then turf them, good clubs don't do that

I just think a big deal has been made out of this jailhouse gesture.

I don't remember this sort of carry on when Goodard did the jailhouse gesture or Krakouer, Hibberd any of the other player that's done it

Why is it an issue this time?

If Dusty gets fined are the goons at the AFL going fine all he others retrospectively?

Please, give me a break

They should trade him.

Not because of that stupid gesture, but because he is a big risk that will never have higher currency .