Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902227 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4185 on: September 23, 2016, 07:15:09 AM »
"Why didn't you kick it 80 meters to me "
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4186 on: September 23, 2016, 10:03:23 AM »
Ummmm he is already signed up to the end of 2017, you can't sign up someone already signed, or are you saying that there are extension talks

Please explain

The stories above ("Dusty set to remain at Punt Road") is what I meant I meant, sorry for giving you credit to understand what I was getting at.

That is definitely beyond me

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4187 on: September 23, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
Every club is trying to get him. It's common club practice around this time of year. There is no loyalty in football these days & it's all about the money. If a club offers him a huge deal then go get it & good luck. That is football in the $$$ generation.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #4188 on: September 23, 2016, 01:25:58 PM »
Dusty in a top side will propel them to a flag.  Of course clubs will be chasing him.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4189 on: September 23, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
Ironically Vickery leaving hurts us more than if Dusty did.

Sorry, what?

We would get an early first round pick for Dusty, first round pick at the very worst if he left as a FA next year.

We spent pick 8 on Vickery, put years of development into him and we're getting a 2nd round pick back - AND feeling good about it.

That's what I mean.

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4190 on: September 23, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »
dusty will not be going anywhere he is black and yellow thru and thru know specially after the last years events... he will be a key to us for the next 8 years

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4191 on: September 23, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »

Sorry, what?

We would get an early first round pick for Dusty, first round pick at the very worst if he left as a FA next year.

We spent pick 8 on Vickery, put years of development into him and we're getting a 2nd round pick back - AND feeling good about it.

That's what I mean.
On the hand if we lose a gun (Dusty) and gain a potential good player. On the other we lose a spud (Vickery) and gain a potential reasonable player.

I know which of the two I'd prefer!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4192 on: September 23, 2016, 03:09:32 PM »

Sorry, what?

That's what I mean.

Okay so where is the explanation where it hurts us more? Or are you trying to say we could get a better player than Dusty with another 1st round pick but we are unlikely to upgrade on Vickery with a 2nd round pick?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4193 on: September 23, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »

Sorry, what?

That's what I mean.

Okay so where is the explanation where it hurts us more? Or are you trying to say we could get a better player than Dusty with another 1st round pick but we are unlikely to upgrade on Vickery with a 2nd round pick?

Alright

We spent an early first rounder on Dusty. WORST CASE SCENARIO he signs on elsewhere as a free agent and we get a first round selection as compo. Worst case. First rounder for first rounder.

Vickery, whom we spent our first rounder on (pick 8, 2008) and spent years developing, signs on elsewhere,for which we get a 2nd Round pick as compo (and we're jumping for joy at the value we get out of that deal!).

So what I'm saying is that Vickery leaving leaves us with a second round pick - which is far less than what we paid - whilst Dusty leaving leaves us with a good chance of a like-for-like compensation.

You dig?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4194 on: September 23, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »

Sorry, what?

That's what I mean.

Alright

We spent an early first rounder on Dusty. WORST CASE SCENARIO he signs on elsewhere as a free agent and we get a first round selection as compo. Worst case. First rounder for first rounder.

Vickery, whom we spent our first rounder on (pick 8, 2008) and spent years developing, signs on elsewhere,for which we get a 2nd Round pick as compo (and we're jumping for joy at the value we get out of that deal!).

So what I'm saying is that Vickery leaving leaves us with a second round pick - which is far less than what we paid - whilst Dusty leaving leaves us with a good chance of a like-for-like compensation.

You dig?

Once again I fail to see how that hurts us more, no matter how much you "dumb it down". You can prattle on about us using a first rounder on Vickery all those years ago but he isn't worth that now and to be honest, we don't lose much by him leaving except for him filling a list need - which we could easily fill with the pick we get for him with the added bonus of them being a chance of being a better player. Martin on the other hand would be a big blow, we'd lose a premium mid for a pick that while good, isn't necessarily going to be a better player, in fact chances are very slim. Let's not forget our need for good inside mids and dynamic forwards, which Dusty fits.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4195 on: September 23, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »

Sorry, what?

That's what I mean.

Alright

You dig?
You can prattle on about us using a first rounder on Vickery all those years ago but he isn't worth that now and to be honest, we don't lose much by him leaving except for him filling a list need - which we could easily fill with the pick we get for him with the added bonus of them being a chance of being a better player.

Guess that's where we differ in opinion then.

I see a first round selection who is leaving as they hit their physical prime for a second round compensation in return as a gigantic loss.

I see an early first round selection (albeit champion) leaving for a (likely) early first round selection as a small loss.

Just my two cents.

Hope that was concise enough for you mate.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4196 on: September 23, 2016, 04:11:02 PM »
I see a first round selection who is leaving as they hit their physical prime for a second round compensation in return as a gigantic loss.

LMAO at "hit their physical prime" in relation to Vickery

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4197 on: September 23, 2016, 09:52:37 PM »

Disagree. He is at his zenith now for getting cheapies out the back. :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4198 on: September 24, 2016, 12:22:12 AM »

Disagree. He is at his zenith now for getting cheapies out the back. :clapping

If only we had Brad Miller to give it to him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4199 on: October 17, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »
I can see where this may be heading in 6 months time. Old Ralphy will be instructing his client not to sign anything especially as the turmoil will start to evolve by round 6.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.