Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 196218 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2015, 10:32:39 PM »
it's a pretty funny thread  :snidegrin

#standbydusty.

The thing is x what would we say if it was say a Conca who did it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2015, 11:11:36 PM »
we'd say the same thing, just wouldn't have the same level of care because conca has a fat gut

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2015, 11:34:46 PM »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »
Come on fellas. It's not about whether you lot think it's a big deal or not, it's that the present day AFL machine will freakin jump up and down about it. Luke it or lump it, the club is a part of that PC world and it has no choice but to come down hard on him. If it fails to, the implications with sponsorships etc. would me massive. It's not the 60's or country footy. Image is critical.

The person I am most disappointed with in all of this is Dusty himself. Seriously, the club gives him plenty of rope to play up and carry on like a pork chop on weekends. All he had to do was not threaten to stab a chick in public. Dumb stuffer.

Honestly everyone can get stuffed. Go support someone else. Absolutely pathetic Richmond support on this thread. All in the name of being politically correct.. stuff me.

Take a trip on the Werribee train line, this happens every... single...  day and is recorded.. nothing is done about it. 'Kill Yourself' is the latest 'fad' on social media. Look up any weird YouTube clip, its all over it. In this case just add chopsticks. Police are now involved, what a load of rubbish. A drunken death threat. Please.

Rosie Batty case and point, goes to police to report multiple child abuse examples. Nothing is done. Yet the media want to run with this story day after day. You are all fools. Shame on you all for supporting the punishment of this. Politically correct yes it's the wrong thing, well good on you for being politically correct. Anyone taken a step back to give a stuff about Dustin Martin? Anyone want to think of why he acts the way he does, why he has a drinking problem? How is he feeling? Don't tell me the woman is traumatised. Don't you dare tell me that.

Simply put this is another AFL footy player who has made a mistake being hung drawn and quartered by the media. Not just any AFL player but a very fragile one. A seriously fragile one. When Dusty commits suicide next week over all of this will you give a stuff? Who will be accountable when this happens? You idiots for wanting him hung drawn and quartered and the rest of the media I'll be pointing at. Get a grip.

Is Channel 7 out there in King Street pressing charges against people who abuse others physically or verbally every single night? No. Get stuffed. Are they at schools pressing charges against bullies who tell teenagers to 'kill themselves' and mentally disintegrate low self esteem kids? No. What a load of rubbish this all is. Why not? Because its a story, 70k members are automatically locked into interest and we have idiots on here that have fuelled it. Well done.

I stand by Dusty, made a mistake, get him counselling and actually fix the issue that has been ongoing for a long time instead of calling for his head and bloody jail time for Gods sake. RFC need to take responsibility in this. They've allowed Dusty to live an extravagant life and in all honesty has slightly worked but anyone could have seen that it was a huge risk. Just as it would have been to ban him from this lifestyle completely, he'd possibly have given the game away by now. Who knows. RFC can't was their hands of this.

But yeah Willy and the rest of you cotton wool fools, lets sack him, lets hung him out to dry, sack Jack Riewoldt too for running away from media, sack them all. Lets enjoy another 30 years of absolute horse pee. At least at the end of the day we can all pat ourselves on the back for being 'politically correct'...
Go Tigers!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: December 11, 2015, 01:26:06 AM »
Have you ever been molested or raped or know of people that have?  I certainly have met them and they are seriously scarred for life.

Really, you've met all of them? Not everyone is as scarred by this sort of stuff as you're trying to make out.
Where did I say I met ALL of them? Are you an expert on the mental trauma associated with rape or molestation? I very much doubt it. And even if only 10% are (and the number is much much greater than that), should we not care about these people and their anguish? Seriously?

Where did I say I was an expert? Don't you think everyone would react differently and I'd put all my money on me knowing about it more than you.
I'm not sure if your comprehension level is adequate enough to have a discussion. I ASKED if you were an expert. I never stated you were. You on the other hand queried me by saying "Really, you've met all of them?", when I never ever indicated I had. I just said I have met people that have experienced this type of mental trauma. And you'd lose all of your money because you obviously show no empathy towards these people. If you were someone who actually worked in the area, you would display empathy. And if you worked in the area and showed this level of empathy, I'd be very sorry for your patients.

Are you thick? I gave the exact same response to your question as you gave to mine yet you question my comprehension?
Get off your high horse, not everything has to do with doctors and patients. I'm sure someone who has had real life experience with it would have a much better understanding than some PCA. Also, just because I said not everyone is scarred by it like you were inferring does not mean I have no empathy for them. You were trying to belittle Stalin by implying at least the majority of rape victims would take offence to what he wrote because he made a reference to prison rape. Fact is not many would.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: December 11, 2015, 01:36:42 AM »
I'd suggest going to prison and being raped by fellow inmates is a fate many victims of sexual assault hope will befall their attackers.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: December 11, 2015, 01:39:37 AM »

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: December 11, 2015, 02:56:02 AM »
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-seeing-red-after-drunken-punchup-20151209-glk0dr.html

Don't worry ladies, no women were sworn at or traumatised so put your white ribbons away...nothing to see here.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #430 on: December 11, 2015, 04:51:22 AM »
Bump

There's a number of elements to all this which are truly bizaar. 

God knows where this is heading. By the end of the week, who knows what the hell will be going on.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: December 11, 2015, 06:38:04 AM »
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-seeing-red-after-drunken-punchup-20151209-glk0dr.html

Don't worry ladies, no women were sworn at or traumatised so put your white ribbons away...nothing to see here.... :shh

There inlies the biggest problem most have with this stupid thing. Dusty would have been better off knocking a bloke out in that restaurant than yelling at some self righteous producer
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #433 on: December 11, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
Another Big Footy munchkin with a supposed scoop...although this time it's one of ours....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dusty-incident-chopstickgate-no-more-mod-warnings-for-opposition-posters.1119123/page-99#post-42286228

Thanks for all the research mate!  :thumbsup

The snapchat footage, ambiguous though it may be, didn't show anything that appeared imposing or overly intimidating whatsoever.

Unfortunately, its likely a lot of this first hand evidence won't come out in the wash. If he technically threatened and stood over her then that's all that counts, even if she did incite it.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: December 11, 2015, 07:47:47 AM »
At least will be investigated properly. If Dustin cops a whack so be it & his stupidity will cost our club enormously.

Predictable comment from a long time Dusty hater.

Why are Victoria Police investigating an incident that no one has made a complaint about? What a waste of resources, and the Victoria Police have been complaining loudly and for a long time about lack of resources.
The cops just want to have their moment on the stage of the big Melbourne theatre production named AFL.

I don't hate Martin but I do think he's an idiot for putting our club in this predicament whatever the outcome of this investigation.
Might surprise you but so does his employer.
That said I am very pleased that the police are investigating because it will get to the bottom of the issue and put to bed the media scrutiny that has been out of control without all the facts at hand.