Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'Gabba --- 2020 Grand Final  (Read 55148 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'Gabba --- 2020 Grand Final
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2020, 03:01:44 PM »
Finally have internet again! What an amazzzzing win everyone! Have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on all the posts over the weekend, it was like reliving the game.  :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond Tigers forward Jack Riewoldt reveals best partying efforts during premiership celebrations

PerthNow
October 27, 2020

After a bit of confusion around Leigh Matthews’ Norm Smith medal votes, Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt has given us the numbers we really want to receive: the off-field polling.

48 hours on from the Tigers’ third flag triumph in four years, Riewoldt fronted up for his regular appearance on AFL 360.

It comes as little surprise the man who took out his third Norm Smith medal was equal to the task off the field.

“Three votes won’t be too unsurprising,” Riewoldt said.

“D Martin had a decent crack.

“We had a bloody good day actually yesterday, it was good fun.

“I reckon (Tom) Lynchy probably two, he’s the mayor of the Gold Coast as he likes to remind us.

“And one I’m gonna give to Dion Prestia.”

The polling comes after Matthews accidentally awarded two votes to Richmond defender Nathan Broad instead of his teammate Jayden Short.

The 31-year-old indicated the team has poked a bit of fun at the West Aussie following his accidental polling.

“Well, I wouldn’t have given Nathan Broad two votes, I can tell you that,” Riewoldt quipped.

“He’s smiling like a Cheshire cat (to) Broady, going ‘I got two votes in the Norm Smith’, no-one’s had the heart to tell him Lethal (Matthews) didn’t even mean to vote for him.

“I would’ve given Dustin three, Shorty (Short) I thought was fantastic, I would’ve given him two.

“And I probably would’ve given Shane (Edwards) one, Shane was awesome and his inclusion back into the team over the last five weeks can’t be understated.

“What he provides, he’s such a great player and he provided such a spark over the finals series.”

One can only assume the Tigers’ celebrations will continue in full swing once they’re home, after premier Dan Andrews today announced the re-opening of pubs and restaurants from Wednesday.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-tigers-forward-jack-riewoldt-reveals-best-partying-efforts-during-premiership-celebrations-ng-b881704419z

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Why the Richmond rooms were so "hectic" at half-time (SEN)
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »
WHY THE RICHMOND ROOMS WERE SO "HECTIC" AT HALF-TIME

BY SEN
27 October 2020

Richmond mindfulness coach Emma Murray has revealed what it was like in the Tigers change rooms at half-time of Saturday night’s AFL Grand Final.

Speaking on SEN's Whateley, Murray said it was hectic in the changerooms, with the Tigers trailing Geelong by 15 points at the main break.

“I pretty quickly went back down to the rooms to see (injured defender) Nick (Vlaustuin) and I ended up staying down there, and I’m always in the rooms for halftime but that was quite hectic,” Murray said.

Murray said there was one player in particular who approached her during the break which she found to be somewhat strange.

“When they (the coaches) break from their meetings is really the first time I start to talk to the players and the first player that called me over was Bachar (Houli), and he’s not one that I would typically speak to at half-time. So I thought that was a bit unusual,” she added.

“He was sort of nearly whispering and he said, ‘Oh, I’ve done my calf, I did it only a couple of minutes after Nick Vlaustuin went down and Dimma (coach Damian Hardwick) has asked me to stay out there’.

“He was sort of speaking like, ‘don’t let everyone know’, so we were just trying to get him ready to cope with that and were trying to put his focus on how he could get back out there to at least still contribute.”

Murray said young defender Noah Balta also come to her for some advice.

“I sought of went from Bachar to Noah Balta, who’s a lot less experienced than the other guys. I think he’d just done that chip kick to one of the Geelong players and was a bit rattled by that,” she said further.

“I was certainly being tested at half-time. I'm not sure what the coaches said at half-time, but it obviously worked.”

Richmond would put the hectic nature of the half-time break behind them, going on to outscore Geelong by nine goals to two to claim a comfortable 31-point victory and as a result, their third premiership in four years.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/10/27/why-the-richmond-rooms-were-so-hectic-at-half-time/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
Emma Murray been a star for our club.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2020, 06:05:37 PM »
Finally have internet again! What an amazzzzing win everyone! Have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on all the posts over the weekend, it was like reliving the game.  :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers
You didn’t have internet?
Do you live in Tassie or WA?
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: October 27, 2020, 10:34:53 PM »

:thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #291 on: October 27, 2020, 10:50:18 PM »

:thumbsup

Certainly has been

Let's hope the ridiculous soft cap cuts don't impact on Emma remaining as part of our Club
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #292 on: October 27, 2020, 11:08:05 PM »
You didn’t have internet?
Do you live in Tassie or WA?

Moved house.
Go Tigers!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
Still can’t believe we have won 3/4. Who knows how long we can stay up but all I’ll say is enjoy it while
You can folks !!! Unforgettable time to be alive as a rfc fan. Got my 2021 membership this morning. 17 years consecutively. Not bad for a 24 year old. A tiger Mum will do that.  :gotigers

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #295 on: October 29, 2020, 07:04:32 PM »
Ever since 2017, everything else has just been a bonus for me, I am rapt, but 2017 was such an unexpected end of darkness moment that I will die happy, the rest just means, I will be happier lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »
Watching it again now....
4th time.

Jeez, Broad is underrated IMO.

Must sign  him up.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2020, 09:11:26 PM »
4th time.

Must sign  him up.

AFL.com reported today that he’s negotiating a new multi year deal to stay at Richmond and won’t be going anywhere.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2020, 09:51:27 PM »
4th time.

Must sign  him up.

AFL.com reported today that he’s negotiating a new multi year deal to stay at Richmond and won’t be going anywhere.
That is great news, he is very versatile and reliable plus does what is expected of him.
I would hate to see him go.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2020, 09:56:22 PM »
Absolutely!

Why would we even consider letting a 3 time premiership player, that is best 22 and only 27 years old, go??

Plus we don’t really have anyone else that plays his role waiting in the wind?

Not fussed about Higgins leaving or Bash retiring, but keep Broad FFS.