Author Topic: will we finish higher then the dee's  (Read 10655 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: will we finish higher then the dee's
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
you can bag them all you like but they had a plan and stuck to it and lucky we got Hardwick or we would been stuffed for another 5 years.

The Dees are so far in front of us at the minute its not funny.

Those meaningless games that they so innocently "Lost" were very smart acts from a very a smart club.

Anyone see Jack Watts in the paper. 1 year in the system and his body is bigger than most of our players...lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
you can bag them all you like but they had a plan and stuck to it and lucky we got Hardwick or we would been stuffed for another 5 years.

The Dees are so far in front of us at the minute its not funny.

Those meaningless games that they so innocently "Lost" were very smart acts from a very a smart club.

Anyone see Jack Watts in the paper. 1 year in the system and his body is bigger than most of our players...lol

Meh.

I remember not so long ago they lost a first quarter to Geelong with the score something like 60-0.

Good at tanking yes. Not there yet.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »
They're welcome to the attention MT.
Volvo is a new sponsor of theirs. I'm not sure why that makes me laugh. Maybe because I can imagine Dee supporters with their thermos, blanket across their knees and barely being able to see over the steering wheel oblivious to what is going around them  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
Volvo is a new sponsor of theirs. I'm not sure why that makes me laugh. Maybe because I can imagine Dee supporters with their thermos, blanket across their knees and barely being able to see over the steering wheel oblivious to what is going around them  ;D.

Don't forget the plaid fedora on the rear parcel shelf  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »

Don't forget the plaid fedora on the rear parcel shelf  :lol
:rollin

Ramps

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »
I feel we are better placed mainly because of our first 2 picks whilst Martin adds a lot of class to our mid section and yes the Ds got a couple of fantastic young players, we got Griffiths. As far as forward lines go, we are in a better position. Ben Griffiths is a very important player for us. If he turns out ok, then we should have a better side than Melbourne.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »
I feel we are better placed mainly because of our first 2 picks whilst Martin adds a lot of class to our mid section and yes the Ds got a couple of fantastic young players, we got Griffiths. As far as forward lines go, we are in a better position. Ben Griffiths is a very important player for us. If he turns out ok, then we should have a better side than Melbourne.

I wouldn't expect to see griffiths playing for Ricmond in 2010 Ramps. I believe the shoulder surgery he had is a reconstruction which means that he probably wont be playing footy until around may/june.
http://injuryupdate.com.au/injuries/shoulder/shoulder_reconstruction.php
We are going to have to be patient with this kid.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 09:36:47 PM »
surely we will improve in 2010..In 2009 we had a coaching staff who appeared to have lost the plot,a whole stack of gun players who were injured for large parts of the season(foley,Richo,cotch,).
Things can only improve ..how much worse than 2009 can things get

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »

I wouldn't expect to see griffiths playing for Ricmond in 2010 Ramps. I believe the shoulder surgery he had is a reconstruction which means that he probably wont be playing footy until around may/june.
It wasn't a full reco in the end, just a clean up

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »

Yeah, had seen that. It is good news  :thumbsup
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2009, 12:16:01 AM »
yes we will!

15th!

:)

bushranger

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »
I think we will finish between 12th and 14th.
And with luck the Pies and Blues below that.
But I think the Blue's won't be there so place in the Dee's.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 09:13:59 AM »

Without big noting myself - I know a bit about shoulder problems having had to give up cricket when I was in my mid 20's because of a stuffed shoulder.

I was speaking to young Ben at Club 80.  ;D (very impressive kid by the way  :thumbsup)

Just to confirm again.

It was definitely only a clean up and the reports from the surgeon after was that his shoulder wasn't as bad as first thought, hence the clean up as opposed to a full reco.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »

Without big noting myself - I know a bit about shoulder problems having had to give up cricket when I was in my mid 20's because of a stuffed shoulder.

I was speaking to young Ben at Club 80.  ;D (very impressive kid by the way  :thumbsup)

Just to confirm again.

It was definitely only a clean up and the reports from the surgeon after was that his shoulder wasn't as bad as first thought, hence the clean up as opposed to a full reco.
Yep WP that's what I heard. Great news  :thumbsup

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »
Dees do not have the midfield yet. Our midfield is superior. Believe should finish on top of them. Disgraceful if don't