Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 897988 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cotchin reveals how close Dusty came to joining Hardwick at Gold Coast (7news)
« Reply #6510 on: November 01, 2023, 06:37:36 PM »
Trent Cotchin reveals how close Dustin Martin came to joining Damien Hardwick at Gold Coast

‘There’s always that carrot that’s being dangled. We had conversations.’

Glenn Valencich and Steve Larkin
7news
1 November 2023

Richmond great Trent Cotchin has revealed how close Dustin Martin came to leaving the AFL club and joining ex-coach Damien Hardwick at the Gold Coast Suns.

The prospect of Martin heading north appeared alive in September as a post-season meeting with Hardwick in Queensland did nothing to dull the talk.

But it was eventually confirmed he would see out the final year of his contract with the Tigers to join an exclusive group of 300-gamers at the club.

“Look, Dustin’s going to stay at Richmond. I think personally, for my opinion, that is absolutely the right thing for him to do,” Hardwick told Channel 7’s Talking Finals.

“He’s going to stay at Richmond, which is an enormous positive for that footy club.

“Me, like 17 other coaches, would love to have him on my side, but the fact of the matter it’s great that he’s going to play his 300th game at the Richmond Football Club next year.”

Cotchin, who retired after a farewell game in Round 23 this year, has now opened up on his role in the will he, won’t he saga.

The ex-captain said he counselled Martin as the triple Norm Smith medallist seriously considered his future.

“There’s always that carrot that’s being dangled, particularly when someone you love and trust goes up there to coach the footy club,” Cotchin told Triple M radio on Wednesday.

“You know, he has every right to contemplate it. We had conversations around it.

“But he’s pretty passionate and knows that the club has still got some great years ahead of them, and he’s got some great footy ahead of him as well.

“He really does like the idea of making that 300 milestone (at Richmond) ... it would be pretty special for him to join that club.”

Martin, on 289 games, is set to join Kevin Bartlett, Jack Riewoldt, Cotchin, Shane Edwards, Francis Bourke and Jack Dyer as Richmond 300-gamers next season.

There has been no firm indication what Martin, who turns 33 midway through next season, will do in 2025 and beyond.

Hardwick’s comments opened the door to another round of speculation that he could finish his career at the Suns but Cotchin’s remarks have now suggested otherwise.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/trent-cotchin-reveals-how-close-dustin-martin-came-to-joining-damien-hardwick-at-gold-coast--c-12399612

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6511 on: November 08, 2023, 07:10:08 PM »
7news tonight had vision of Dusty getting an early start to preseason training and running laps at Punt Rd.

Go to 0:38 min mark:

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1722160000880222261

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond set to open contract extension talks with superstar Dusty Martin (HSun)
« Reply #6512 on: November 13, 2023, 03:55:44 PM »
Richmond set to open contract extension talks with superstar midfielder Dustin Martin​

Dustin Martin will complete his current contract at the end of next season and has been linked with a shift to the Gold Coast. But the Tigers are planning to keep him in yellow and black for life.

Michael Warner
HeraldSun
13 November 2023

Richmond is poised to open contract extension talks with superstar midfielder Dustin Martin.

The triple Norm Smith medallist will complete his current seven-year deal at the end of next season and has been linked to a shift to the Gold Coast Suns where former coach Damien Hardwick has taken charge.

But the Tigers are confident Martin is keen to play out his career at Punt Rd.

“Dustin is a great of our club and fully invested in helping us write the next chapter – clearly we will have discussions with his management in the not too distant future,” Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale said.

“2024 will be a really exciting year for both the club and himself. His 300th game will be a great occasion but knowing Dustin he will be far more focused on the regeneration of this team under (new coach) Adem Yze.

“He played some exceptional football last season. Change creates energy and I have no doubt Dustin feels that – he is a really important and valued part of our club.”

Martin, 32, finished runner-up in Richmond’s best-and-fairest this season behind Greater Western Sydney recruit Tim Taranto and is just 11 matches shy of the 300-game milestone.

He signed a monster seven-year, $9 million deal on the eve of the 2017 finals before leading the Tigers to three flags in four years.

Just six players – Kevin Bartlett, Jack Dyer, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Francis Bourke and Shane Edwards – have played 300 or more games for the Tigers.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-set-to-open-contract-extension-talks-with-superstar-midfielder-dustin-martin/news-story/2200753cb94ed983500f157a6a302672

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6513 on: November 14, 2023, 10:58:46 AM »
Tigers make Dusty contract play amid AFL trade rumour that won’t go away

Fox Sports
November 14th, 2023

Despite Dustin Martin being linked with a reunion with Damien Hardwick to finish his career at the Gold Coast Suns, Richmond is set to open contract talks with the triple Norm Smith medallist in hopes of making him a Tiger a life.

Martin’s current lucrative seven-year, $9 million deal signed with Richmond in 2017 is due to expire at the end of next season, when he can become an unrestricted free agent.

Speculation has long swirled about the 32-year old’s next move, particularly after Hardwick’s mid-season departure from Punt Road, while the pair were spotted together on the Gold Coast.

The three-time premiership coach and Martin started their careers alongside each other at Richmond in 2010 and played crucial roles in the club’s three flag triumphs in 2017, 2019 and 2020.

It comes ahead of Martin’s 300th game in 2024 under new coach Adem Yze as a new era kicks off at Tigerland.

Tigers CEO Brendon Gale confirmed the club would kick off talks with Martin’s management, Ralph Carr from RCM SPORT, imminently regarding a new deal for 2025.

“Dustin is a great of our club and fully invested in helping us write the next chapter – clearly we will have discussions with his management in the not too distant future,” Gale said, per The Herald Sun.

“2024 will be a really exciting year for both the club and himself. His 300th game will be a great occasion but knowing Dustin he will be far more focused on the regeneration of this team under (new coach) Adem Yze.

“He played some exceptional football last season. Change creates energy and I have no doubt Dustin feels that – he is a really important and valued part of our club.”

Martin is coming off a strong 2023 campaign, averaging 23.6 disposals and 1.1 goals from 20 games to finish runner-up in the Tigers’ best and fairest and make the 4422-man All-Australian squad.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-2023-dustin-martin-contract-richmond-tigers-move-to-gold-coast-suns-reunion-with-damien-hardwick-latest-news/news-story/dcd83cf7270055acbdcb2127caea61ec

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6514 on: November 14, 2023, 06:34:07 PM »
“SOMEWHAT OF A SURPRISE”: CORNES REACTS TO DUSTIN MARTIN CONTRACT REPORTS

By Lachlan Geleit
SEN
14 November 2023

Richmond are set to open contract talks with three-time Norm Smith Medallist Dustin Martin.

The seven-year mega-deal signed by the superstar in 2017 is set to expire at the end of the 2024 season, but the Tigers are getting on the front foot to tie the 32-year-old to the club for life.

While the midfielder has been linked to a move north to join ex-coach Damien Hardwick on the Gold Coast, Richmond CEO Brendon Gale told the Herald Sun that the club will begin discussions with Martin’s management about 2025 and beyond shortly.

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes was a huge fan of Martin’s 2024 season but he believes talks should be put on ice until mid-year.

After Richmond finished 13th in 2023, Cornes can’t see Martin playing in Richmond’s next premiership and he’s unsure whether the midfielder will be motivated playing in a team that may not taste success in the next few years.

“Richmond are poised to open up contract extension talks with superstar midfielder Dustin Martin who had a great year last year,” Cornes said on SEN Sportsday.

“It is somewhat of a surprise (because of reports linking him to Gold Coast).

“I think it's just a bit early. It's just a bit early for both (club and player).

“If I was Dustin Martin, I'd just be happy to wait perhaps till mid-year.

“I don't know him, but he feels like the player who's not going to be motivated playing in a team that's losing a lot and that's where I think Richmond are going to be.

“I could be completely wrong on that … but that's why I would wait.”

While Cornes doesn’t think signing Martin long-term is a risk for Richmond, he pondered whether the club could benefit from the superstar departing.

Even though the side would no doubt be worse on-field immediately following a departure, Cornes pondered whether the club could reset with some cap space and draft picks heading their way in a trade.

“For Richmond, I'd wait as well. I don't think there's much risk in going again with Dustin Martin. But what if you could get a good draft pick for him?” Cornes asked.

“What if you could clear up some space? What if you did need a bit of a reset?

“It might be the ideal time to send Dustin Martin off after 300 games.

“I just think to do it now before the season has started would be a bit premature.

“I'm on the fence here. I'm not calling it one way or the other than to say I’d just put it on the back burner if I was Dustin and I'd put it on the back burner perhaps until around Round 11 or 12 if I were the Tigers.”

Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy was fully in support of Richmond’s push to re-sign their man and he hopes Martin retires a one-club legend.

“I don't see a win for the Tigers in getting rid of Dustin,” Healy said.

“I'm with Brendon Gale on this. Sign him up, make him a long-term (offer).

“There's no Richmond side that's better to watch than one that's got Dustin Martin in it.”

Martin has played 289 games for the Tigers. He averaged 23.6 disposals and 1.1 goals from 20 games in the 2023 season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/11/14/somewhat-of-a-surprise-cornes-reacts-to-dustin-martin-contract-reports/

Online Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6515 on: November 15, 2023, 10:47:24 AM »
What Cornes and the other commentators are seemingly unaware of is the number of kids we have that are nearing the ready to go mark.

Yes I acknowledge that all of them have questions on their abilities and the easiest thing is to be negative. 2024 for mine is going to be an exciting year, new coach, new systems and kids stepping up. And the finishing ladder position for 2024 is not as important as finding out which of the kids will be long term players for us.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6516 on: November 16, 2023, 02:07:58 AM »
Gold Coast boss hints at potential Dustin Martin move

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
15 November 2023

Gold Coast Suns CEO Mark Evans has hinted the club will be prepared to make a move for 2024 free agent Dustin Martin if he remains unsigned late into next year.

Martin was continuously tied to the Carrara club over the course of this season, with speculation surrounding the triple Norm Smith Medal winner increasing following the appointment of ex-Tigers coach and Martin's close mentor Damien Hardwick as the Suns' replacement for the departed Stuart Dew.

The Richmond superstar's lucrative seven-year deal is set to expire in 2024, making Martin an unrestricted free at the conclusion of his 15th campaign at Punt Road.

Martin had turned down the potential option to head north and reunite with Hardwick for the latter's first year at the helm of the Suns, instead deciding to see out the final term of his deal and likely become the next Tiger to reach the 300-game mark in the yellow and black.

Gold Coast will be ready to make their move next year if Martin doesn't sign an extension with Richmond however, with Evans hoping the champion Tiger "likes playing in Darwin".

"I guess it's been speculated because of his relationship with Damien Hardwick and I know he's out of contract at the end of [next] year," Evans said at the press announcement of the club's new playing deal in the Northern Territory on Monday.

"If no contract is done with Richmond, that obviously means there's a chance to talk with him.

"Hopefully he likes playing in Darwin."

The Tigers themselves are preparing their own move to have Martin on their books for 2025, with their own CEO in Brendon Gale hoping an extension can be struck "in the not too distant future".

Gale told News Corp of his hopes that Martin sees himself as a one-club player following a strong 2023 season where he earned a spot in the All-Australian squad.

"Dustin is a great of our club and fully invested in helping us write the next chapter – clearly we will have discussions with his management in the not too distant future," Gale told the publication.

"He played some exceptional football last season. Change creates energy and I have no doubt Dustin feels that – he is a really important and valued part of our club."

Should Martin play a further 11 games for Richmond next year, he'll become the seventh Tiger to play 300 matches for the club, following premiership teammates Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt in doing so.

https://www.zerohanger.com/gold-coast-boss-hints-at-potential-dustin-martin-move-145616/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6517 on: November 16, 2023, 05:05:12 PM »
'A lot of footy left' in Dusty ahead of 2024 season

Richmond are hopeful superstar Dustin Martin will extend his time with the Tigers beyond the end of 2024.

By Dejan Kalinic
AFL Media
16 November 2023

Richmond superstar Dustin Martin has "a lot of footy left in him" and the Tigers are hopeful of extending his deal.

A three-time premiership winner, Brownlow medallist and four-time All-Australian, Martin, 32, is out of contract at the end of 2024.

But the Tigers are hoping to extend the gun's stay beyond next year.

"There'll be conversations that Blair (Hartley, Richmond General Manager- Football Talent) would be already having with his management group about what he wants to do short- and long-term," Richmond National Recruiting Manager Matthew Clarke told AFL.com.au's Gettable Draft Countdown on Thursday.

"Dustin's a fantastic preparer of his own body so he's still got a lot of footy left in him so it's not like he's going to come back and maybe look to be one and done.

"He's got a really good understanding of what he needs to do to get fit and he prepares as well as anybody so conversations will be had there for sure about hopefully extending his time with us."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1466080/a-lot-of-footy-left-in-dusty-ahead-of-2024-season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6518 on: November 17, 2023, 09:40:14 PM »
If Dusty plays every game, his 300th will be against Essendon, Dreamtime game. What an occasion that will be! #GoTiges

https://twitter.com/JamesBarbante/status/1725055980977946649

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
'We hope he's a Richmond man forever': Contract call in Dusty's hands
« Reply #6519 on: November 29, 2023, 08:38:55 PM »
..'We hope he's a Richmond man forever': Contract call in Dusty's hands

By AAP
6 hrs ago

Adem Yze won't force a contract decision out of Richmond star Dustin Martin, whose future remains uncertain entering the final year of his existing deal

NEW RICHMOND coach Adem Yze wants to create an environment that will encourage superstar Dustin Martin to commit the rest of his playing career to the club.

Martin is approaching the final season of his monster seven-year contract with the Tigers as former Hawthorn and Melbourne assistant Yze takes the reins for his first season as senior coach.

The 32-year-old triple-premiership hero is on track to next season become the seventh player in Richmond history to reach the 300-game milestone.

But his playing future beyond 2024 remains a subject of speculation, which ramped up in recent months when it became clear former Richmond coach Damien Hardwick would take over at Gold Coast.

Tigers CEO Brendon Gale revealed this month the club will soon look to open negotiations with Martin's management over a new deal, though Yze said he won't force the process.

"We want Dusty to be happy and we want him to enjoy his footy," Yze told reporters on Wednesday.

Dustin Martin looks on after the R19 match between Richmond and Hawthorn at the MCG on July 22, 2023. Picture: AFL Photos
"We want him to train well and play well.

"I'm not going to put pressure on a timeline of him making that decision.

"It's a big decision for him. I just hope that he gets the right feeling about not only myself but our coaching staff."

Arguably Richmond's greatest-ever player, Martin has returned for pre-season training in good shape and went through his paces with teammates at Punt Road on Wednesday.

He has 289 games under his belt and is set to join retired former teammates and fellow premiership stars Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin and Shane Edwards in the 300-game club.

Martin, who made his debut in 2010, could feasibly move into third place on the Tigers' all-time games played list next year behind Riewoldt (347) and record-holder Kevin Bartlett (403).

Jack Dyer and Francis Bourke have also racked up a triple century for the club.

"He's an amazing Richmond person and we hope he's a Richmond man forever," Yze said.

"That's going to be his decision but my job is to give him the environment that he enjoys and knows that he can keep improving (here)."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1068660/we-hope-hes-a-richmond-man-forever-contract-call-in-dustin-martins-hands
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6520 on: December 04, 2023, 09:32:12 PM »
this will be my final reply to you on this issue because you refuse for whatever reason to actually read what I've written. 

-MISS 5 HOME AND AWAY GAMES (you failed to mention that in your comments previously)
-pay a $5000 fine
-"pay a big chunk of change to White Ribbon"
-"spend time with the White Ribbon Org to hopefully get the message"

Firstly this is what I quoted when I first replied to you with examples of what I wrote

Yes this female may well have said something to him but regardless of what was said, his response was totally inappropriate.

Agree

Have said a couple of times he was complete moron and his actions were disgusting

After having time to consider it all

Taking out how it all came to being in the public domain which is I think is dubious at best the fact is he, while drunk threatened someone; gender is not the issue. The issue is he threatened someone. So based on that...

I believe he needs to be punished and it needs to be a decent punishment, slap over a the wrist and a token fine isn't enough. Understand under the CBA maximum he can be fined is $5k what a farcical situation that is

Anyway IMESHO he should cop a suspension of the entire preseason comp and a minimum of 5 weeks of the main season, the $5k fine is obvious but I'd be telling him it's in his best interest to donate a large chunk of change to White Ribbon. I'd also get him to spend some time with the White Ribbon Org to hopefully get the message

Just my take

You accuse me of not mentioning something in my first post but it is clearly there so, I've highlighted it again. It is there, no failure on my part.

However, If you are taking about my very first reply without any quoting (which I think you might be  :huh), then yep forgot the 5 H&A games but low an behold I didn't attempt to hide it and edit the direct quote out of the original thread did I? took ownership of what I wrote which is contrary to the your accusations about my posting.

I could have changed it but I didn't copied what I wrote at the time, didn't shy away from it, posted it lock, stock and barrel. So again don't accuse me of only posting half truths - I have in fact posted exactly what I wrote.

Its funny that you "stand by your comments" even though they were made before the police investigation and then hearing Dusty had no case to answer to??

Should he get the same punishment if found guilty or innocent?

Can you explain that?

Can anyone explain that?

i understand that was your opinion on hearing what the media said took place, but now after the police have said Dustry had no case to answer to that you still stand by the punishment you wanted for him originally??

You say "your views are there for all to see and you haven't changed them at all" but that's the point. Why does your original opinion on his punishment not change after hearing Dusty was wrongly accused??
He didn't do what was reported originally and yet you still want the same punishment to this day. As you say "you stand by your comments".
Can you please explain that??

Explain it? I have explained it but you don't like the answer so you want further explanation.

Wrongly accused? Yes He was not charged by the police for threatening the woman = not in dispute.

But he was also accused of being drunk in public, so drunk 3-4 weeks into pre-season training that he himself admitted he could remember what happened, he could barely stand up, and verbally abused a member of the public (granted an attention seeking hypocrite) . That is not in dispute and that is what IMESHO he should have still been punished for. that is what I said after he was cleared by the cops. My stance on his moronic behaviour did not change. Find it amusing that you've come after me over my comments but not bothered attacking anyone else. Why is that exactly?

But just so you know I wans't selective the other day in quoting posts on the topic here's a few more that are throughout the 74 pages, and oddly my opinion is the same throughout

A whack at the media
Now I am going to go whack here

I still think Dusty did a moronic thing

But he media have today stooped to anew level of gutter journalism

The HUN article Dio posted, the tripe in the Age from John Silvestor is simply shameful, pathetic and totally over the top. Talk about prejudicing a persons case.

Suggest the media Let the cops do their job rather than ranting like lunatics on Ice.

Let the cops decide what to do with this case

And if that means he gets charged, he gets charged, if if means there is no case here then fine move on.

But this media grandstanding and trying to score points off the back of this gutter journalism at of the highest order

From another poster who you haven't attacked but gave Dusty a whack

At the end of the day, Dustin has only got himself to blame.

If Dustin didn't have any understanding of how his actions could impact the larger supporter group and football community then he certainly will have now.

This is the reality that a lot of young footballers don't actually get, they don't actually get that they can have such a large-scale impact on the community of course with the backing of media hysteria.

Good luck to him, he is going to need it. The press are after blood, the club is probably too scared to act, not that they can probably do very much anyway, but still.

I think involving the police was very good idea I think by doing that it will actually stabilise the scene to some extent there will be some goading by press towards the Richmond football club to smash Dustin I think they need to judge the evidence on its merit and act accordingly.

He might get eight weeks

And then this (please read it carefully):

Why the lack of support behind our club and player WP? Seem all you have done is play devils advocate.

I support Dusty, but I am not going to sit here and say he didn't do a completely stupid, idiotic, moronic thing. I am not going to sit here a say he is the sole victim here because he isn't. 3-4 weeks into pre-season he goes out and gets himself so smashed he can't remember what he did or didn't do, that's not smart, that's stupid

He deserves to punished for being a an idiot. Do I believe he should cop 12 months, 15 games? No but he needs to cop some sort of whack.

If it was a player that people on here can't stand or a bloke in our bottom 10 and folks want out of the club I doubt the support would be there. The posts would be "sack him"

Forgive me for not excusing his behaviour simply because he is one of best players. In this situation all players should be treated the same..

And then this after it was announced he wasn't going to be charged (put my hand up here I thought the club would punish him they didn't - got that wrong)
Hahahahahahaha classic. WP you still thinks he deserves a  punishment?? :thumbsup
Yeah, I do for being an idiot absolutely

Getting totally tanked, so tanked he can't remember what he did and behaving like moron in a public place 3 weeks into preseason was stupid so yeah he deserves a whack for that. Any other player would cop a punishment

And like it or not he will cop one  :thumbsup

And finally from page 65 of the thread
I will be interested to see what the club does the next time one of our players is drunk in public. Will the be so generous in the punishment? They've set the standard so I hope they consistently apply this to every player on the list

And before people start in on me for having an opinion that's not popular

I have been very very consistent on this issue from day 1 and so people are clear I'll go through it all again

- Dusty deserved to be punished for being a moron. 4 weeks into pre-season training to be so drunk that he can't remember what he said or did is not acceptable. IMHO He is very lucky with what he's been dealt as it is a soft penalty. As I posted above I hope the club is consistent in any future punishment they dish out for similar incidents if they occur. Onus is on the club now to ensure they treat all players the same, doubt they will be but hey thats the RFC for you

- The woman who made the allegations - I have said from day 1- why if she was so traumatised, so in fear of safety did she not call the cops on the spot, get the restaurant to kick him out? Why did she wait over 48 hours to do anything (ring the club and tell her employer Ch7)? That was pathetic on her part. The fact she refused to give the cops a statement speaks volumes about her I would have thought

- I welcomed the Police getting involved. Glad they did because the accusations were serious. They have found that on the issue of the threats with chopsticks - no case.

- I made it very clear that if the accusations were found to be true then Dusty had to cop a whack. I stand by that I don't care who you are, what your lot in life is behaviour like that is simply not acceptable from anyone towards anyone, gender, race, nationality has no bearing

-  I never once said he should be sacked or suspended for 12 months, said he should be punished for being a moron

Can I be any clearer in what I said / wrote? There is no ambiguity. My opinion is clear

So I have explained it. It's all there so what needs further explanation?

You don't like it, fine

But don't abuse me for having an opinon, don't accuse me of lying, accuse me of not owning my opinions and never accuse me of not supporting Dusty because I always have, always will. Bad, stupid, moronic behaviour by any of our players should not be ignored or excused just because of their ability or overall importance to the club.  There shouldn't be different rules for different fools
I still think you are missing a very simple point-
You went hard at one of our players very early regardless of what they were accused of.
Why not give a person the benefit of the doubt before making sweeping statements on punishment.
Him being drunk in a public place and him threading to kill a female with chopsticks are miles apart. And so should the punishment. But it's clear you don't think that to this day.
I don't care if it was Dusty or Beliss who I cannot stand as a footballer, but I think both should get our support while things are just here say. If what was being reported was true than make a judgement after that was proven to be true.
I think I have been clear on my stance on this from day one too. Even the latest setback of Yarran, regardless of what he is going through or if we should of drafted him or not, he should get the support and loyalty of our supporters as he is one of us now.
To be honest the only reason I remembered YOU and nobody else through this, is because you are very measured with pretty much all your comments over the years on here, but I found what you suggested as punishment really early before knowing any facts totally out of character for you.
I don't like you or dislike you WP, but I was f$&king furious after reading your comments back then.
We all spend heaps of money on this club from year to year but one thing that doesn't cost anything is loyalty. And I think you fell short on the Dusty saga.

Apart from wanting to quote the longest quoted post ever I couldn’t find a White Ribbon thread.

Anyway does anyone know if White Ribbon have denounced the Hamas pigs for their sexual violence against women/girls.

The accounts are truly shocking and since white Ribbon are brave enough to make an unproven statement against Dusty you would think their denunciations against rapist murdering pigs would be all over the media.

And oh yeh free Palestine so more of these stuffers can be let into the world.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6521 on: December 04, 2023, 10:17:27 PM »
Apart from wanting to quote the longest quoted post ever I couldn’t find a White Ribbon thread

Anyway does anyone know if White Ribbon have denounced the Hamas pigs for their sexual violence against women/girls.

The accounts are truly shocking and since white Ribbon are brave enough to make an unproven statement against Dusty you would think their denunciations against rapist murdering pigs would be all over the media.

And oh yeh free Palestine so more of these stuffers can be let into the world.

White Ribbon have been deafly silent Chuck just like a number of other Anti-violence charities and organisations in Australia and globally. They aren't alone in their silence

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6522 on: December 04, 2023, 11:35:27 PM »
Clem Ford certainly hasn't been quiet...... :shh
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:06:42 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6523 on: December 05, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »

Who?  :rollin

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6524 on: December 05, 2023, 09:49:30 PM »

Who?  :rollin

Like you don't know - a heroine of the left regularly feted by the likes of the ABC & The Project and all your usual favoured outlets of agitprop...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.