Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83097 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Pick 66: Sam Lloyd
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 01:05:39 AM »
Serious

When shytr hits the fans who's guns fight?

I hope ling king never retire

All wrll and good being talented

We Need guys with nuts

God bless king

She tippet decked morris

And no one flew the flag

One of darkest momentd in history of this club

-  to jog zero memory. Morris, arguably the only bloke with gonads. Was body slammed by tippet almost with s broken spine. A d his team mates stood around like it was a tea party. Poor lack of chacter. His time I ever wish we hsf 22 Jake kings
I thought it was Tex Walker who body slammed Morris.  Get your facts right sir.

My mistake

I was too horrified to take accurate notes

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 01:06:10 AM »
Needs to play from round 3 or it's a fail
Absolutely Chucky. Round 3 is a must win game too! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 08:24:05 AM »
Needs to play from round 3 or it's a fail
Absolutely Chucky. Round 3 is a must win game too! ;D

Absolnofuggnexcusesutely

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From Deniliquin to Dolphins, Sam Lloyd heads to Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2013, 07:30:04 PM »
From Deniliquin to Dolphins, Sam Lloyd heads to Richmond

Herald-Sun
November 25, 2013 2:12PM

IT'S been an amazing journey, and Sam Lloyd has earned his stripes.

The boy from Deniliquin last Thursday achieved something he once thought was out of his reach - being drafted into the AFL.

Richmond snapped him up with pick 66.

"I came from 'Deni' (Deniliquin), went to Mt Eliza, then Frankston and now I'm here at Richmond. It hasn't sunk in,'' Lloyd said last Friday.

"The whole world has flipped upside down for me.''

The day after he became a Tiger, Lloyd, 23, went to the house of Mt Eliza footballer Jack Egan, to say thanks.

Egan was the man who convinced Lloyd to play at Mt Eliza, thus opening doors for him. The pair were at uni together.

"I was getting a bit over the travel (to Deniliquin) so I needed a club around Melbourne and he said come down and play at Mt Eliza, so I did,'' Lloyd said.

"I can thank Jack. He's taking all the credit … I think he's getting a bigger head than I am,'' he laughed.

Lloyd was a star with the Deniliquin Rams but he never seriously thought he'd make it to the AFL.

"I'd given up. I never thought I was good enough,'' he said. "My coach got the ball rolling from Deni and rang someone and they said come in for a meeting and I played a few games at Bendigo Bombers.''

A dazzling season at Mt Eliza was followed by a break-out year in the VFL with the Frankston Dolphins.

Simon Goosey, Frankston's coach, was thrilled to see him get an opportunity.

"I'm rapt for him,'' Goosey said.

"This time last year we had a good chat. He had to lose five kilos off his back side. He worked as hard as anyone I've seen. Ability alone doesn't get you there but he's got that work ethic that's required. He'll do really well.''

Lloyd said: "When I decided to have a crack and get fairdinkum, I didn't even think about getting drafted. I just wanted to play VFL. I got fitter and then you start playing good games and you just don't know what's going to happen.

"If I had any advice for kids who think they've got the ability…definitely give it a crack because you never know what could happen. It was a million miles away for me a year and a half ago.''

http://www.news.com.au/national/from-deniliquin-to-dolphins-sam-lloyd-heads-to-richmond/story-e6frfkp9-1226767906762

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 02:31:37 AM »
Sam Lloyd – Frankston / 180cm / 83kg / ‘90
23yo who has had a really good season as a small fwd and was prominent in the state game which I think will bode well for him. He could walk into a senior side and plays a similar game to Jamie Elliott insomuch as he can lead up, crumb and has the agility to be a very good 1:1 player. Has a burst of speed and is competitive and will give tackle pressure and defensive run. His kicking is very good and his hands are ‘sure’.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-2013-phantom-draft.1039188/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »
VIDEO: Introducing Sam Lloyd ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-11-26/introducing-sam-lloyd

Summary

* It was good to get down here and meet all the boys and all the coaches. I was a bit nervous at the start but once you get down here and finally get out on the ground and have a kick around with all the boys, the nerves start to settle and you realise everyone’s a good bloke and there to help you.  So it’s been a good couple of days. Playing at different clubs and different levels of footy has helped make it easier to walk into a club and meet guys.  You know what to expect.

* I’d had a few meetings and had been to the draft camp.  But going on history, the AFL clubs take us older blokes more as rookies. When it happened it was just a great feeling and I couldn’t ask to be down at a better club.

* I like a goal and I like to take a mark but I also like to crumb.  Hopefully I can add a bit of excitement and then work on stuff like my forward pressure so I can help the team. I just want to get together a full pre-season, get amongst the boys and then, look, I’d love to pinch a game and hopefully play a lot of games. You set your sights on that first game and if I can get a good pre-season and get a lot of work done out on the track then who knows. That’s the plan and hopefully I can just play my bit for the Tigers whatever the coaches want me to do and I can get there.

the claw

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 09:28:46 PM »

Summary

* It was good to get down here and meet all the boys and all the coaches. I was a bit nervous at the start but once you get down here and finally get out on the ground and have a kick around with all the boys, the nerves start to settle and you realise everyone’s a good bloke and there to help you.  So it’s been a good couple of days. Playing at different clubs and different levels of footy has helped make it easier to walk into a club and meet guys.  You know what to expect.

* I’d had a few meetings and had been to the draft camp.  But going on history, the AFL clubs take us older blokes more as rookies. When it happened it was just a great feeling and I couldn’t ask to be down at a better club.

* I like a goal and I like to take a mark but I also like to crumb.  Hopefully I can add a bit of excitement and then work on stuff like my forward pressure so I can help the team. I just want to get together a full pre-season, get amongst the boys and then, look, I’d love to pinch a game and hopefully play a lot of games. You set your sights on that first game and if I can get a good pre-season and get a lot of work done out on the track then who knows. That’s the plan and hopefully I can just play my bit for the Tigers whatever the coaches want me to do and I can get there.
geez even the mature players realise where they are taken normally. not the rfc though.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »

Summary

geez even the mature players realise where they are taken normally. not the rfc though.

They are topping up mate

Get on board

Our list should of all ready spaghetti to roll - anything this draft was a bonus, really. Vladimir is the cherry on top.

They need to have a proper crank before lids hangs up the boots

I understand the principal of continuously injecting youth, but we been building since 04.

the claw

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »

Summary

They are topping up mate

Get on board

Our list should of all ready spaghetti to roll - anything this draft was a bonus, really. Vladimir is the cherry on top.

They need to have a proper crank before lids hangs up the boots

I understand the principal of continuously injecting youth, but we been building since 04.
topping up, is that what you call it?  geez i hope it works. to top up you first have to have a bloody good base. when ypur in the middle of the pack topping up with mediopcrity useing pick 50 usually comes back to bite.

its funny im accused of all sorts of things by many different peopple at different times but the one thing i am is consistent. you always inject youth in a nd system it can never be a process that is allowed to lapse. ah the word processes seems its something for most richmond people that is a temporary thing seems its the same for the club.
so 3 yrs of decent process is enough,  we will win the flag by how do you put it ah topping up.
give me a break.

oh and lets not lose sight of the post above. as i said even the players taken are saying they expected to be taken later. but hey what im saying is apparently nonsense every club was going to pick gordon and  lloydy up after picks 50 and  66.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 10:07:47 PM »
Maybe the base is there?

the claw

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
Maybe the base is there?
thats the difference between me and most others. im certain we havent built anything that is sustainable.hence my stance on most things richmond.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 10:11:54 PM »
Maybe the base is there?

Don't forget Craw has a time machine, he's already been to the future :shh

the claw

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:05 PM »
Maybe the base is there?

it aint hard louigi, you only need learn from past mistakes. i dont need a time machine it continues to happen in my life time. when was the last flag son?????????

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2013, 12:22:10 AM »
Maybe the base is there?

it aint hard louigi, you only need learn from past mistakes. i dont need a time machine it continues to happen in my life time. when was the last flag son?????????

2015.......wait Wot???

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2013, 12:42:19 AM »
Maybe the base is there?
thats the difference between me and most others. im certain we havent built anything that is sustainable.hence my stance on most things richmond.

Lennon
Arnot
Ellis
Vlastuin
McIntosh
McDonough
Conca
Martin
Cotchin
Morris
Deledio

+

McBean
Grimes
Rance
Vickery
Riewoldt
Maric

etc.

pretty much sustainable as its going to get

dont think drafting an 18 year old @ 66 was going to make much of a difference either way