Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83113 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sam Lloyd [merged]
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »
He has a few tricks young Lloyd , a couple more than I gave him credit for, can take a very good grab and can take on his opponents in more than a straight line , not to mention he has a good leg on him

So did Nahas but that didn't make him a good footballer.

;D

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »
The dude has kicked 100 goals at a lower level.........no matter what level you play you need to know where the goals are......I don't care if he's slow if he kicks 2 goals a game then that's 2 bloody more than what we have been getting

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2014, 09:40:12 PM »
The dude has kicked 100 goals at a lower level.........no matter what level you play you need to know where the goals are......I don't care if he's slow if he kicks 2 goals a game then that's 2 bloody more than what we have been getting

Kick multiple seasons of 100s

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »
He has a few tricks young Lloyd , a couple more than I gave him credit for, can take a very good grab and can take on his opponents in more than a straight line , not to mention he has a good leg on him

So did Nahas but that didn't make him a good footballer.

;D
I see what you did there! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »
Lloyd makes bold statement
richmondfc.com.au 
July 14, 2014 3:58 PM

“I thought I went okay.  I focused a lot on forward pressure and I think we did that collectively, as a forward group.  It was good to get on the end of a couple of goals and, hopefully (I can) stay in the side a bit longer,” Lloyd told ‘Roar Vision’ post-match.

“Goals and pressure are my main focus.  Probably, more so pressure, and then that hopefully brings the goals.  So, it’s pleasing that we could do a bit of both.”

Lloyd also outlined his aims for the rest of the season.

“To stay in the senior team is definitely my plan, but I also want to play my role and get better every game,” he said.

“So, if I can help the team in any way, and keep getting better myself, then that’s the plan going forward.”

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-14/lloyd-makes-bold-statement

dwaino

« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2014, 06:29:48 PM »
Should be in the team every week anyway. Seems like the obvious replacement for King and shows glimpses, just needs a regular go to find his feet.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2014, 08:36:06 AM »
natural looking forward.

With Riewoldt, Lennon, Lloyd, McBean the club finally seems to have a future forward line. Took a while to preplace Nathan Brown. Like manchester united and roy keane

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2014, 11:15:07 AM »
natural looking forward.

With Riewoldt, Lennon, Lloyd, McBean the club finally seems to have a future forward line. Took a while to preplace Nathan Brown. Like manchester united and roy keane

I dream of the day we can have return to having a Richo/Brown like duo in the forward line.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
Have to say it again.  This kid looks like a gun.  Has great poise and balance.  Will only get better.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »
natural looking forward.

Really hope so. Roy Keane was an incredible player for Manchester United and agree it took a while for United to adjust without him.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
Could be even better if he works his arse off this summer.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
The big caveat is that he needs to get super fit.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »
Given the nature of afl it was going to be hard to us to replace n brown. Almost instantaneous I knew our list was in trouble for next 3-5 years cause brown (and Richo) were carrying an ordinary side. On the bright side deledio chimp Martin are talented and play well as forwards. With the development of miles vlastuin Conca we may have the luxury of playing them forward of the ball, finally. It seems hardwick has also worked out deledio is indeed a weapon in the forward half.

Jack is a unique beast. It's doubtful mcdonuts-Lennon-llyod-McBean will individually be as good as brown but at least we finally have some blokes with goal sense. Everyone's mate Shane Edwards has kicked a few this year and is reasonable set shot and front and square.. Just quietly.

It seems united are in for Vidal who is by all accounts a monster. Vidal-Herrera-mata would do justice to Keene schoolers gigs and co...

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »
Makes me feel dirty saying it but there is something strangely satisfying about yelling 'Llllllllllloooyyyyyyyyddddddd' at the ground when he kicks a goal.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:23 PM »
Makes me feel dirty saying it but there is something strangely satisfying about yelling 'Llllllllllloooyyyyyyyyddddddd' at the ground when he kicks a goal.

He hasn't taken a dive for.a free which is pleasing and reminiscent of the Lloyd name