Author Topic: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast  (Read 36488 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2020, 05:05:30 PM »
The AFL's official statement:

AFL Sanction - Breach of Protocols

AFL releases statement following Richmond's second breach of return to play protocols

afl.com.au
4 September 5pm

The AFL confirms Richmond players Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones will be suspended for 10 matches and sent home from Queensland, after breaching the AFL’s return to play protocols.

Stack and Coleman-Jones breached the protocols after taking an Uber, visiting a non-approved Gold Coast venue and becoming involved in an incident that involved Queensland Police. Stack was detained by police and released a short time after.

The AFL, in conjunction with the club, investigated the matter and has determined that Stack and Coleman-Jones be immediately sent home and suspended for 10 matches, a suspension that will stretch across both the remainder of the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, Finals and the start of the 2021 season.

Richmond have a BYE in Round 16, meaning the 10-match suspension will begin in Round 17.

The suspension will be served across Round 17, 18, the 2020 Finals Series, then dependent on how many matches Richmond play in this year’s finals series, the remaining matches to be served from Round 1 of the 2021 Season.

Richmond Football Club have been fined $100,000 for the breach - $75,000 for this breach and a further $25,000 that was the suspended amount from a previous breach.

$100,000 will be included in Richmond’s 2021 Soft Cap.

Both players have been isolated since returning to the Richmond HPC early this morning.

Stack and Coleman-Jones cleared 14-day quarantine in July. They are not part of the current quarantine hub where AFL officials, and players and family members are undertaking the required 14-day quarantine period.

AFL General Counsel Andrew Dillon said the AFL’s protocols are the competition’s license to play and any breach would be held into account.

“It is a privilege to be able to continue our competition, and with that privilege comes responsibility. The actions of the players are not only irresponsible but disrespectful to the competition and everyone associated with it,” Mr Dillon said.

“There is simply no excuse for this breach. The two players knew the rules and chose to ignore them, putting the safety of everyone at risk.

“The behaviour of the players is not what we expect, regardless of whether any protocols are in place or not.”

https://www.afl.com.au/news/496031/

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2020, 05:09:27 PM »
Just on Fox Sports news

Both players suspended for 10 games and being sent home

Just a disgrace from the AFL.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2020, 05:10:52 PM »
The official penalty from the AFL:

CCJ & Stack suspended for 10 matches and sent home.

$100k club fine to the soft cap for 2021.

Sources: AFL via SEN.
https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch
https://twitter.com/LukeSchneider_7
https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1301775960329519105

About right. The Qld Govt is out on a limb and the AFL would have had no choice but to hand out the biggest penalties possible.

Given CCJ and Stack both likely to be traded the games missed next year will be someone else's problem anyway.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
Good players dont go on trees. Id be keeping them both.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2020, 05:17:30 PM »

sorry WP, im calling BS on this one which is my opinion of course.

I dont buy that balmey was keen to stay back and work on a womans program, that lets be honest isnt going anywhere because it falls short of standards. That goes for his reason to stay behind and work on other matters.

No issue with you having an opinion

But I really wish you would read what I wrote in total

Where did I say "he was keen to stay back and work on the women's program"?

this is what I wrote

But

As I have said this many times but people fail to acknowledge or chose to accept it

But Neil Balme encouraged the changes in the footy department. Read he backed the changes (promotion) of Livingston & Hartley.

He has been involved the Women's program since day 1. He is a massive supporter of the women's program = he rates it.

Is he more involved going into season 2021, yes but was always going to be, being here in Melb

I am very much aware people don't rate it and that's fine but please don't use the women's program as ammo as to why he is not in QLD

He is heavily involved in other areas of the Club that during COVID are as crucial to the Club as his previous role in the Footy Dept

Just because a couple of journos have raised this "he's been demoted, shifted sideways" line doesn't make it accurate

And for people to think that those up there in QLD aren't talking to him, seeking his counsel on a variety footy related issues is rather naive

Skype, Zoom etc exist and are being used

So I am not sure how you've come to "keen to stay...." conclusion

But you seem to have missed or wont accept these 2 points I made
-  he was involved in the decision to promote the other 2,
- that he is involved in other arrears that crucial for the clubs future in this COVID environment

Furthermore, you can only assume Balmey is on the big bucks which makes it even more strange he is sitting in melbourne and zooming it with the boys. FFS even eddie is up there.

There is a big difference having balmey around in the flesh than having balmey zoom in on proceedings.

So Eddie is up there and Peggy isn't. So what does that have to do with it?

You are aware they were only allowed to send a fixed number originally? He was part of the decision making process of who went and stayed (source? the man himself via Zoom  ;D)

You are also aware that to cut costs a number of people were put on reduced hours at the beginning of the pandemic so the vast majority of staff left in Melbourne either got stood down or had their $ reduced. Not saying that is the case with Balme but there are alot more things in play here is all I am trying to say

Personally, I reckon we are a better club when he is around the footy department but seeing he was involved in the decision making process that led to changes in late 2019 going into season 2020; then I accept that call

Do I like it? No; but I do accept it because I have great trust and faith in Balmey
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »

About right. The Qld Govt is out on a limb and the AFL would have had no choice but to hand out the biggest penalties possible.

Given CCJ and Stack both likely to be traded the games missed next year will be someone else's problem anyway.

No its not about right. Its a shameful vindictive attack on the RFC. Tbese players were attacked by a fat drunk and you reckon 10 weeks is fair? Dont be a clown its a disgrace.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
Players didnt breach covid 19 rules, they were attacked for no reason by a drunen fat slob. They defended themselves. Not Guilty.

At worst they should get $5000 fines and a 1 match suspension. The bloke from footscray smashed 4 cars and got 4 weeks. Our blokes havent done anything like that.

Yes they did Ramps on a number of levels

They breached the COVID rules that the competition (means ALL clubs) signed to when the QLD govt allowed the AFL to set up Hubs

Worse than that they breached the AFL protocols again agreed to by all Clubs that were established prior to the games going into hubs. The Protocols established to get the season re-started

And the topper here it is the Club's 2nd breach

So the book has been thrown

And no someone (not the players) but a staff member from the footy department through no fault of thier own is likely to lose their job in 2021 because of this act of stupidity and that is the worst bit

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »
Hartley clearly not up the Balmey's job.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
Hartley clearly not up the Balmey's job.... :shh

You do realise that there is 2 people currently doing the Balmey role

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
 :shh

The fact that even two blokes can't do his job only further underlines the importance of the great man ... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

FooffooValve

« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »

No its not about right. Its a shameful vindictive attack on the RFC. Tbese players were attacked by a fat drunk and you reckon 10 weeks is fair? Dont be a clown its a disgrace.

Not sure you're quite understanding what they have done. It isn't just a dust up outside a strip joint.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2020, 05:33:53 PM »
Players didnt breach covid 19 rules, they were attacked for no reason by a drunen fat slob. They defended themselves. Not Guilty.

At worst they should get $5000 fines and a 1 match suspension. The bloke from footscray smashed 4 cars and got 4 weeks. Our blokes havent done anything like that.

They breached the COVID rules that the competition (means ALL clubs) signed to when the QLD govt allowed the AFL to set up Hubs

Worse than that they breached the AFL protocols again agreed to by all Clubs that were established prior to the games going into hubs. The Protocols established to get the season re-started

And no someone (not the players) but a staff member from the footy department through no fault of thier own is likely to lose their job in 2021 because of this act of stupidity and that is the worst bit

I doubt that. Everything you just stated is general. Specifically what covid 19 rules did they break?

FooffooValve

« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2020, 05:35:52 PM »

I doubt that. Everything you just stated is general. Specifically what covid 19 rules did they break?

"Stack and Coleman-Jones officially breached the AFL's COVID-19 protocols in taking an Uber, visiting a non-approved Gold Coast venue and becoming involved in an incident that involved Queensland Police. Stack was detained by police and released a short time after."

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2020, 05:38:06 PM »
Penalty fair enough.  So stupid even for 20 year olds.  You can't excuse this.
Club also has to take some responsibility for this. Letting them get hammered probably not a great idea. 

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2020, 05:38:46 PM »

Not sure you're quite understanding what they have done. It isn't just a dust up outside a strip joint.

So what if they went to the strippers and got a gyros. They were attacked by a drunk. What did people expect? That they would just sit their and get bashed. These boys were minding their own business. 10 weeks fir going to the strippers and getting a gyros. Its a disgrace.