Author Topic: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast  (Read 36859 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
I dont think they breached covid rules. Theres no curfew in queensland.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2020, 04:08:33 PM »
Is it confirmed they went to the strip club? Or is it purely speculation since the kebab shop was near the strip club?
I don’t think it is confirmed they went to see boobs but only wanted to eat tasty meat.

Either way they breached quarantine by going outside the hub and being around people outside the bubble.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
According to fox sports they arent in breach of covid 19 rules.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »
Think they mean they arnt breaching government rules which was the case for that young swans player but they still breached AFL quarantine rules.

Don’t know why these journos keep talking about premiership points. AFL statement was clear that point deduction would only come into play on third breach.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2020, 04:16:06 PM »

what makes it worse, is that its probably over a game of aflw which beggars belief as that is the worst game in australian sport

certainly reeks of the same downgraded thing that was offered to balmey at the pies, which resulted in his departure.

let me makes this clear I don't agree with Balmey not being in QLD; reckon he should be.

But

As I have said this many times but people fail to acknowledge or chose to accept it

But Neil Balme encouraged the changes in the footy department. Read he backed the changes (promotion) of Livingston & Hartley.

He has been involved the Women's program since day 1. He is a massive supporter of the women's program = he rates it.

Is he more involved going into season 2021, yes but was always going to be, being here in Melb

I am very much aware people don't rate it and that's fine but please don't use the women's program as ammo as to why he is not in QLD

He is heavily involved in other areas of the Club that during COVID are as crucial to the Club as his previous role in the Footy Dept. 

Just because a couple of journos have raised this "he's been demoted, shifted sideways" line doesn't make it accurate

And for people to think that those up there in QLD aren't talking to him, seeking his counsel on a variety footy related issues is rather naive

Skype, Zoom etc exist and are being used

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2020, 04:26:43 PM »
Is it confirmed they went to the strip club? Or is it purely speculation since the kebab shop was near the strip club?
I don’t think it is confirmed they went to see boobs but only wanted to eat tasty meat.

Either way they breached quarantine by going outside the hub and being around people outside the bubble.
Since when is it a breach to get takeaway food?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2020, 04:29:51 PM »
I have no evidence to back this up but my guess is they’re not meant to leave the hub? But the more important question is where are the actual boundaries of the hub?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2020, 04:38:24 PM »

what makes it worse, is that its probably over a game of aflw which beggars belief as that is the worst game in australian sport

certainly reeks of the same downgraded thing that was offered to balmey at the pies, which resulted in his departure.

let me makes this clear I don't agree with Balmey not being in QLD; reckon he should be.

But

As I have said this many times but people fail to acknowledge or chose to accept it

But Neil Balme encouraged the changes in the footy department. Read he backed the changes (promotion) of Livingston & Hartley.

He has been involved the Women's program since day 1. He is a massive supporter of the women's program = he rates it.

Is he more involved going into season 2021, yes but was always going to be, being here in Melb

I am very much aware people don't rate it and that's fine but please don't use the women's program as ammo as to why he is not in QLD

He is heavily involved in other areas of the Club that during COVID are as crucial to the Club as his previous role in the Footy Dept. 

Just because a couple of journos have raised this "he's been demoted, shifted sideways" line doesn't make it accurate

And for people to think that those up there in QLD aren't talking to him, seeking his counsel on a variety footy related issues is rather naive

Skype, Zoom etc exist and are being used

sorry WP, im calling BS on this one which is my opinion of course.

I dont buy that balmey was keen to stay back and work on a womans program, that lets be honest isnt going anywhere because it falls short of standards. That goes for his reason to stay behind and work on other matters.

Furthermore, you can only assume Balmey is on the big bucks which makes it even more strange he is sitting in melbourne and zooming it with the boys. FFS even eddie is up there.

There is a big difference having balmey around in the flesh than having balmey zoom in on proceedings.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2020, 04:51:14 PM »
The official penalty from the AFL:

CCJ & Stack suspended for 10 matches and sent home.

$100k club fine to the soft cap for 2021.

Sources: AFL via SEN.
https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch
https://twitter.com/LukeSchneider_7
https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1301775960329519105

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2020, 04:53:53 PM »
Players didnt breach covid 19 rules, they were attacked for no reason by a drunen fat slob. They defended themselves. Not Guilty.

At worst they should get $5000 fines and a 1 match suspension. The bloke from footscray smashed 4 cars and got 4 weeks. Our blokes havent done anything like that.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2020, 04:54:35 PM »

Source: AFL via SEN.

Huge off season required by these two should they remain contracted. I personally believe we should support them.
The fine has massive consequences however we must get through this as a club together. The players will struggle mentally for the remainder of the year, so our support will be key!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2020, 04:56:14 PM »

Source: AFL via SEN.

What a disgrace. This is shameful from the AFL. They are out to get us
 Its us against the AFL world now. Us agsinst the rest. Hopefully our players can give there all and win against all odds.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2020, 04:58:29 PM »
What we a forgetting all things aside to is will be 2 players short now for selection and were already undermanned really selfish on the club ,playing group and fans.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
The tigers seem confident there is no cross contamination issue in the hub. Both players self isolated this morning. The club has spoken to staff, making sure no one has direct contact. They have their own respective bedrooms.

Stack and Coleman-Jones didn’t drive. And no club staff took them there. I think it’s fairly safe to assume they took an Uber or Cab

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2020, 05:03:40 PM »
Just on Fox Sports news

Both players suspended for 10 games and being sent home
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)