Author Topic: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast  (Read 36446 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2020, 12:46:36 PM »
I’m not sure if anyone has mention this, but I heard on SEN (Dwayne Russell) that apparently players are aloud to leave the hub during the day to get coffees??

Did anyone else hear that?

If that is true, the entire thing is farce.
And you can potentially see why Stack and CCJ were pretty blasé about being out of the hub.
No hats down over their faces trying to hide, nothing...

Yes they are allowed to do that at but is it during the day, at approved venues.

Issue here is it happened at night and they attended a non approved venue via an Uber. They didn't just venture 100 metres down the street to pick up a latte.. There is a good 10+ kms from they are staying to where they went.

They are all aware of what's allowed and what isn't. And as someone's else posted considering they were getting a few days off then I think it is reasonable they would have been told (again) what was allowed and what wasn't

So IMHO, I reckon it is a very long bow to draw that the guys didn't know or understand what was allowed and what wasn't
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2020, 02:46:17 PM »
I don’t think the distance is an issue at all considering players are allowed to golf and surf etc.

It wouldn’t of mattered if the strippers were next door they weren’t allowed to attend that venue and the players new that so it was a drunken choice to not consider consequences but to live in the moment.

The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2020, 03:02:41 PM »
I don’t think the distance is an issue at all considering players are allowed to golf and surf etc.

It wouldn’t of mattered if the strippers were next door they weren’t allowed to attend that venue and the players new that so it was a drunken choice to not consider consequences but to live in the moment.

Fair call but I raised the distance issue because they used an Uber which as one of the breaches

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »
My Bummers mate reckons the Tigers should be responsible for the fine as they should have security guards making sure people don’t leave the hub. He also kept going on about how one more strike will see us lose premiership points - a fact he’s only too familiar with

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2020, 05:14:25 PM »
The club must pay both fines.

Obviously they failed in all aspects to make sure everyone including Mrs Cotchin were absolutely aware of the proper protocols.
You cannot assume that people understand what’s allowed.

The facts speak for themselves  even the two players weren’t completely aware of the consequences of their actions. I’m blaming the club for not putting more in place to make sure everyone obeyed the rules.
It’s pretty much exactly the same issue as the victoria government faced in the hotel quarantine issue.
You can state the rules but the rules must be strictly followed and there needs to be checks and balances implemented to ensure those rules are followed. Unfortunately there’s always a few, that will for whatever reason, will flout those rules.

As for the fine the club is ultimately responsible just as the vic government is respond for our current predicament.

So with the soft cap the club may have to get rid of more staff?  I don’t think so.
How about all the staff (coach, ceo, property steward) take a bigger pay cut?
So they must work for only 50k or less each year for few years so be it. Do they really need over 100k salaries?  Let’s get fairdinkum. If the soft cap is in place and you’ve only got a certain amount to spend why dispense of important people? Just pay everyone less money.
If your an employee and don’t like the wages because of your selfishness then you can leave and get another highly paid job.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »

Obviously they failed in all aspects to make sure everyone including Mrs Cotchin were absolutely aware of the proper protocols.

The facts speak for themselves  even the two players weren’t completely aware of the consequences of their actions. I’m blaming the club for not putting more in place to make sure everyone obeyed the rules.
It’s pretty much exactly the same issue as the victoria government faced in the hotel quarantine issue.
You can state the rules but the rules must be strictly followed and there needs to be checks and balances implemented to ensure those rules are followed. Unfortunately there’s always a few, that will for whatever reason, will flout those rules.

As for the fine the club is ultimately responsible just as the vic government is respond for our current predicament.

So when do people start taking responsibility for their own actions rather looking someone to blame for their own either stupidity or selfishness?

If you don't understand you ask? If you are unsure you ask? We are not dealing with 8 year olds here

Or are you suggesting the Club should go down the Wuhun in China path and bolt the doors shut to keep them in over night  :huh3  :shakeshead

I would have thought after breach number 1, everyone would have been well aware of the rules.

the Club will end up paying the fine because the AFLPA will dig their heels in. They are already sooking about it

So with the soft cap the club may have to get rid of more staff?  I don’t think so.
So they must work for only 50k or less each year for few years so be it. Do they really need over 100k salaries?  Let’s get fairdinkum. If the soft cap is in place and you’ve only got a certain amount to spend why dispense of important people? Just pay everyone less money.
If your an employee and don’t like the wages because of your selfishness then you can leave and get another highly paid job.

The soft cap covers the footy department only.

So Benny Gale could forgo all his salary and it wouldn't make a difference to the soft cap. The Club has already had to make redundant a considerable number of people in Admin to reduce costs. People's hours have been cut...how much more do you think these people should sacrifice?

The soft cap is being slashed by $3 million a year. But what you are suggesting is person currently on say $70k with a mortgage and perhaps kids should drop back to $50k?

And what about the part time footy department staff; you know the ones who only work match day eg the trainers? I doubt they would even be on $50k a year, do we tell them to take a cut and and do it $0.00.

It's easy to say take a cut but it isn't that simple....

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2020, 09:31:39 PM »

A question for you, would you take a pay cut yourself?
If you are caught speeding do you pay the fine?
These 2 knew the rules, they should pay the fines themselves.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2020, 10:55:52 PM »
I find it perplexing that anyone can leave the hub.
I thought that was the point- everyone in the hub was separated from the general public at all times.

I would be confused too if getting a coffee was ok if you were in and around the general public that could potentially have the virus.

Don’t get me wrong, these two guys made a mistake but to me none of this makes much sense being able to leave the hub whether it’s day or night.

Does the virus know the difference between AM and PM?

On another note, were they drunk?
They didn’t look drunk.
But I have read in the media it was a drunken brawl.
Is this an example of fake news, where the other guy might have been drunk but it’s made to seem like our 2 boys were drunk too??

10 weeks suspension is harsh but I am fine with it but the money is a completely different matter IMO.
If anyone thinks this has been easy for anyone up there, I reckon you may be kidding yourself.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2020, 02:56:16 AM »
'Idiot soup': Eddie McGuire lifts lid on AFL strip club scandal

Chris Young
Sports Reporter
Yahoo Sport Australia
6 September 2020

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has described the immediate fallout from Richmond duo Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones’ ill-advised visit to a Gold Coast strip club last week.

Stack, 20, and Callum Coleman-Jones, 21, were ousted from the Tigers' Queensland hub after visiting a strip club and being involved in a drunken fight early on Friday morning.

They were both suspended for 10 matches by the AFL and the Tigers fined $100,000 for a second breach by members of their club travel bubble.

Both players have made public apologies, but McGuire said the sheer idiocy of the pair’s actions had left AFL brass at the Queensland hub flabbergasted.

“(AFL CEO) Gillon McLachlan is basically in the room upstairs from me here - we just couldn’t believe what happened,” McGuire told Channel Nine’s Sport Sunday.

“In here at the moment at the hub, Gil and even myself and club officials sat around and we actually spoke to all the people that were up here, the journalists, the wives, the girlfriends, the kids and everybody.

“We said right, here’s what we need to do. We actually brought out a pole that was one-point-five metres and put it by the pool to make sure everybody has an understanding.

“Everyone’s on tenterhooks about getting this right.”

Eddie McGuire satisfied with Richmond Tigers sanctions

The Magpies president is no stranger to dealing with poor behaviour from players, having had to fend off accusations of hypocrisy following Collingwood veteran Steele Sidebottom’s COVID-19 breaches earlier in the season.

McGuire said he was satisfied Stack and Coleman-Jones’ punishment fit the crime.

“Clearly they had a drink to celebrate after a game, it was a teammates birthday, that was sanctioned,” he said.

“Then they went back to the room, the idiot soup kicked in on them and they decided it was a good idea to break every rule they’ve been told for the last three months and as a result they got a full whack.

“Everyone knows the rules, I’ve been pretty strong on this, you’ve got to go hard.

“I would’ve gone hard earlier including some of my people at Collingwood who got into trouble, but it is what it is.”

Tony Jones says Coleman-Jones and Stack deserve to be sacked

Fellow media commentator Tony Jones had argued for even harsher penalties.

The veteran reporter said both players deserved to be sacked.

“If it was me, it’d be instant dismissal. If you work for a bank and you were sent up there, you would be dismissed,” Jones told the Sunday Footy Show.

“What gets me is people have lost their jobs in the AFL and at Richmond.

“These two blokes along with their teammates are in a privileged position whereby they can go and kick a football and get paid well for it. They still can’t abide by the rules which have been set out.

“There should be no second chances, they should be sacked.”

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl-2020-eddie-mcguire-lifts-lid-fallout-richmond-strip-club-scandal-050851412.html

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2020, 08:25:34 AM »
Why his he commenting on our club atleast Gale owned it unlike pies made exuses for there incidents.Sidebottom should have got a tough penalty so to there coaches got a 25k penalty no suspension.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2020, 08:34:42 AM »
I just assumed that Eddie would be proud of our boys for taking responsibility and owning their mistake.......
Isn’t that what he said about Steelo Tinass?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2020, 09:21:02 AM »
The biggest fattest stuffen hypocrite going around. stuffen wanker

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: September 07, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »

So when do people start taking responsibility for their own actions rather looking someone to blame for their own either stupidity or selfishness?

If you don't understand you ask? If you are unsure you ask? We are not dealing with 8 year olds here

Or are you suggesting the Club should go down the Wuhun in China path and bolt the doors shut to keep them in over night  :huh3  :shakeshead

I would have thought after breach number 1, everyone would have been well aware of the rules.

the Club will end up paying the fine because the AFLPA will dig their heels in. They are already sooking about it

The soft cap covers the footy department only.

So Benny Gale could forgo all his salary and it wouldn't make a difference to the soft cap. The Club has already had to make redundant a considerable number of people in Admin to reduce costs. People's hours have been cut...how much more do you think these people should sacrifice?

The soft cap is being slashed by $3 million a year. But what you are suggesting is person currently on say $70k with a mortgage and perhaps kids should drop back to $50k?

And what about the part time footy department staff; you know the ones who only work match day eg the trainers? I doubt they would even be on $50k a year, do we tell them to take a cut and and do it $0.00.
It's easy to say take a cut but it isn't that simple....
No I’m saying that if someone is on 500k a year they can peg it back to keep the important people employed.
One day hopefully you will get it back.
If these workers are essential to the success of the team they should continue their role and everyone has to help out if they are to stay employed.

I’m saying the boys weren't stupid and did an absurd mindboggling thing but it happened. It happened at Richmond.
The club must realise that they obviously were not clear enough. If they were mrs Cotchin would not have gone to a day spa. It clearly was not as obvious to some people for some reason.

On the issue of soft cap - the coaches are just gonna have to dig deep as half their wages if they want more staff to stay on for the good of the team.
What’s wrong with living off 50k - many Australians have to live on a gross wage less than that.
If that’s the case to keep everyone on the payroll and employed you do what you can.
You don’t NEED 200k salaries. of coarse you take them if they are there but for the good of all staff you do what you need to do to keep everyone employed.

If anyone can’t live on less than 200k a year to survive I think they may need to adjust what they do with all their money and make some tough decisions.
It’s then probably a good thing to be forced to live on the lowest wage for a change to see what it feels like to be a low income earner. They may even be able to get a health care card and concessions.

The club just has to manage it if they want all staff to be employed. Simple. These are difficult times for a lot of people and if your in a predicament that’s difficult you manage the best you’ve can without getting rid of valuable staff that potentially can be lost forever to another company.
Good people don’t grow on trees.

A question for you, would you take a pay cut yourself?
If you are caught speeding do you pay the fine?
These 2 knew the rules, they should pay the fines themselves.

Would I take a pay cut?
Yes, absolutely, and I have for the good of the company.

The difference with your question about speeding is that I know the rules and if I speed I pay the fine, even if I work for a company I must pay the fine because that’s what is written in the work contract and my responsibilities are clear to me.
The assumption here is whether or not these two bozo’s knew the rules and if they did and then we can assume they also knew that they weren’t going to be responsible for the fines as AFLPA rules dictate even I knew that was the case even if Benny Gale didn’t.
Rules are rules.
If you assume one you must also assume the other is true too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »
Jack Riewoldt:

It's a team sport. Two players made a series of poor choices but we are not going to ostracize them. We are going to own this as a group, use it as another learning experience, and rebuild the respect we've lost as a club and as a brand.

We're hurting too as it went against our club ethos. Take real exception to being 'arrogant' as a club. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2020, 08:15:19 PM »
Can someone please talk about Bucks punishment ( or lack there of ) Like wtf