Author Topic: 2015 Draft thread  (Read 67140 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: 2015 Draft thread
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
How many rookie spots do we have now? I'd be looking at Glass-McCasker, Darcy Cameron, Harper, Shane Nelson, Hartley, Adcock & O'Brien.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2015, 09:39:30 PM »
How many rookie spots do we have now? I'd be looking at Glass-McCasker, Darcy Cameron, Harper, Shane Nelson, Hartley, Adcock & O'Brien.
FJ said 3.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2015, 09:44:01 PM »
Ok...well three of them...ruck, kpd, mid....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: November 24, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
Wow!
I hope Yarran has a good year.
Looks like we will be seeing a lot of the same as this year.
Rioli is a couple of years off at best by the sounds of it and I couldn't even be bothered watching the entire 8 minutes of highlights of the kid with the moe as I got bored halfway through it.

IMO picks in the early to mid first round should never be 2or 3 years off unless you are a ruckman.
Got subdued by a couple of good games late and the surname.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: November 24, 2015, 09:47:20 PM »
They said the same about Menadue and he was playing by round 7.....so who knows....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: November 24, 2015, 09:48:44 PM »
I guess we will never know but i wonder if Curnow slid 1 more spot whether we would have drafted him in stead of Krakouer..... Rioli I mean.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: November 24, 2015, 09:52:46 PM »
They said the same about Menadue and he was playing by round 7.....so who knows....
I like the kid and I know he was on the field but I'm not sure he contributed much. And that's being nice.
At least another year or 2 away from maybe being of any help taking us forward. But at pick 30 odd I can wear that.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
I guess we will never know but i wonder if Curnow slid 1 more spot whether we would have drafted him in stead of Krakouer..... Rioli I mean.

:lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »
I just went outside to watch the grass grow, it was stuffing amazing compared to this.

Why didn't you stay out there then?

Yeah and got 3 touches over 2 games (or something)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »

Yeah and got 3 touches over 2 games (or something)

Was either subbed in or out in every match....didn't look that out of place considering they said he'd take 3-4 years  when they drafted him.... and take out his zero stat one quarter match against Fremantle and that "or something" was actually  29 possessions 1 goal 1 and 10 tackles over 4 matches....was also ignored a few times when he was in good positions...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:17:33 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
Yeah nah apart from that game where admittedly he played something like half a quarter he did reasonably well for a dude I didn't think would get a game so early.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2015, 03:12:37 AM »
Dimma's explanation for why we bidded on academy players ....

RICHMOND tested the waters before landing their big catch at the AFL draft.

... immediately before coach Damien Hardwick announced the Rioli name was returning to Punt Rd after nearly two decades, Richmond tried out the new live bid system.

The Tigers recruited Rioli only after unsuccessful bids for academy players Matthew Kennedy at No.13 and Eric Hipwood at 14. GWS predictably matched Richmond’s bid to secure Kennedy and Brisbane did the same to ensure they took Hipwood.

The live bids were introduced in an effort to ensure fair value for academy and father-son draft nominations.

“If there was a player who we liked at that pick, we were always going to ... try and pick that player, even though the reality was that we weren’t going to get him,” coach Damien Hardwick said of the two unsuccessful draft picks.

“From our point of view, for the integrity of the competition, we thought it was the right thing to do.

“We were sort of hoping one might slip through, (but) it wasn’t the case.

“It (live bidding) adds something to the competition ... provided it is done in the right way.”

Then came the straightforward selection that brought Rioli to the Tigers.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-draft-daniel-rioli-brings-family-name-x-factor-back-to-richmond/story-e6frf3e3-1227622395230

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:25 AM »
pretty stupid when you dont have another pick till 51
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2015, 08:50:47 AM »
pretty stupid when you dont have another pick till 51
Why? You put a bid in for the best available players at your pick. So they obviously thought the 2 GWS academy boys were better than Rioli. What's so stupid about that?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »
a multitude of things

none more so worrying that hipwood is 200cm and not a ruckman