Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 299272 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Brandon Ellis to put contract talks on hold (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1815 on: May 01, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
I am sick of this B Ellis bashing.

Why don't you weak dogs leave it alone.

He is a RFC player, a premiership player who played his t_ts off on the day.

He may have flaws, but who hasn't?

He is selected and plays, when in the VFL he is a leader,  What do you flogs want??

Just get off on this B Ellis bashing.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1816 on: May 01, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »
Spot on mate
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1817 on: May 01, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »

He is selected and plays, when in the VFL he is a leader,  What do you flogs want??

:lol
Get over yourself man!

The last time I checked this is a forum and we all have opinions on players, and in the case of Bellis, I think he is the most scared footballer I have ever seen at AFL level. I don’t really care if you agree or disagree but I’ll say what I want.

And come years end I hope he takes up a big contract at another club and the bashing will stop as it will turn to laughter.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1818 on: May 01, 2019, 11:58:31 PM »
This is a forum.

I can cop the BEllis hate and argue back but you always seem to struggle when people have a dig at Georgie.

The most scared footballer ever...give me a break. He's performed more acts of courage at AFL level than anyone on this forum and plenty of his peers as well.

It's just a pathetic statement. 160 games and a premiership medal basically makes a mockery of it.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1819 on: May 02, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »

Get over yourself man!

The last time I checked this is a forum and we all have opinions on players, and in the case of Bellis, I think he is the most scared footballer I have ever seen at AFL level. I don’t really care if you agree or disagree but I’ll say what I want.

And come years end I hope he takes up a big contract at another club and the bashing will stop as it will turn to laughter.
Yes it is a forum, I respect your views, we all know what you think of BE.
We just don't need to read it ad nauseum from multiple people IMHO.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1820 on: May 02, 2019, 09:38:25 AM »
I wouldn't be concerned if he left which I think he will, but you can't argue his form lately has been great. If those duds polek and Pittard can score those deals BE should and will leave.

At the end of the day he helped us win a flag as much as George Butler etc he should now head off and look after his future financially
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1821 on: May 02, 2019, 10:13:54 AM »
I'm a B Ellis critic but am happy to agree he has played a great deal games lately. I want him to keep this standard up and keep hitting the scoreboard also. If he does that I'd be happy to keep him but we need to be realistic about our salary cap and the reality is he may choose to leave for more $$$ - wouldn't blame him or any other player either. AFL careers are short and don't provide many options afterwards so he may as well make all the money he can while he can. If that means playing well for us and adding value to his FA/trade ability then good for all parties IMO.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1822 on: May 02, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »

Get over yourself man!

Yes it is a forum, I respect your views, we all know what you think of BE.
We just don't need to read it ad nauseum from multiple people IMHO.
What you choose to read is up to you but I’ll write what I like about Beliis and as much as I like.

Calling people weak dogs and flogs goes against what you say about respecting people’s views.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1823 on: May 02, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »
This is a forum.

I can cop the BEllis hate and argue back but you always seem to struggle when people have a dig at Georgie.

The most scared footballer ever...give me a break. He's performed more acts of courage at AFL level than anyone on this forum and plenty of his peers as well.

It's just a pathetic statement. 160 games and a premiership medal basically makes a mockery of it.
The liar is back!
Show me a post where I struggle what people say about George.
I argue against what people say because I disagree but to say I struggle is BS.
I like George because he has a go.... see the difference?

The reality is Bellis lacks courage. He pulls out of contests nearly on a weekly basis. Most footballers have done it once or twice in their career but he does all too often and will always be remembered for it. And doing it in a Tiger jumper just isn’t acceptable imo.

If a skinny kid in his 4th game can do it, than a player in his 160 games should be better.

I totally understand if he is a family friend and that is why you stick up for his lack of courage and I would do the same but deep down I reckon you know it’s not good enough too.

I also get peeed at George when he misses kickable goals but missing a goal is a skill error, deciding not to go when it’s your turn is inexcusable.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1824 on: May 02, 2019, 03:14:22 PM »
Id trade them both

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1825 on: May 02, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »
This is a forum.

The liar is back!

The reality is Bellis lacks courage. He pulls out of contests nearly on a weekly basis. Most footballers have done it once or twice in their career but he does all too often and will always be remembered for it. And doing it in a Tiger jumper just isn’t acceptable imo.

If a skinny kid in his 4th game can do it, than a player in his 160 games should be better.

I totally understand if he is a family friend and that is why you stick up for his lack of courage and I would do the same but deep down I reckon you know it’s not good enough too.

I also get peeed at George when he misses kickable goals but missing a goal is a skill error, deciding not to go when it’s your turn is inexcusable.
I just think you constantly bringing down other players in an attempt to excuse George's poor form is deflecting and quite frankly, struggling to accept others opinions about him. He has played some horrible games of footy and you backed him to the hilt, which is totally fine, but I'm not lying when I say I reckon you have seriously struggled to cop a bad opinion when it comes to the kid.

Again, a total lie to suggest most players pull out of contests once or twice in their entire career. I've seen blokes pull out of a contest once or twice every game for their entire career. I've seen some seriously courageous footballers not go at times. There are very few to have played this game and basically be totally fearless.
And yes, Ellis is one who has pulled out of contests a few too many times and it is pretty frustrating when it happens. However, it's also pretty frustrating to see him copping it when he's actually one of the most in-form players at the club and you've got some others out there who get an absolute armchair ride no matter what sort of footy they're playing.

I don't think we're all that dissimilar when it comes to defending the blokes we like. You like that Castagna is hard, I like that BEllis is one of the hardest runners in the comp and has always played good footy on the wing (like I have been saying for the last 12 months).

One has a ton of ability and the other has severe limitations but makes up for it with work rate, leg speed and seriously good aerial ability for a small bloke.

End of the day they are both premiership players and I reckon we could ease up on the abuse all around the place TBH.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1826 on: May 02, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »
Ellis to Norf for the compo pick... :shh

Castagna & Butler to Footscray for Dunkley & Roberts... :shh :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1827 on: May 02, 2019, 08:04:34 PM »
Ellis to Norf for the compo pick... :shh

Castagna & Butler to Footscray for Dunkley & Roberts... :shh :shh

Mate, pass me the reefer!

George, Butler and out first round pick wouldn't land us Dunkley. Dogs will keep him on principle.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1828 on: May 02, 2019, 11:50:22 PM »
This is a forum.

The liar is back!

I just think you constantly bringing down other players in an attempt to excuse George's poor form is deflecting and quite frankly, struggling to accept others opinions about him. He has played some horrible games of footy and you backed him to the hilt, which is totally fine, but I'm not lying when I say I reckon you have seriously struggled to cop a bad opinion when it comes to the kid.

Again, a total lie to suggest most players pull out of contests once or twice in their entire career. I've seen blokes pull out of a contest once or twice every game for their entire career. I've seen some seriously courageous footballers not go at times. There are very few to have played this game and basically be totally fearless.
And yes, Ellis is one who has pulled out of contests a few too many times and it is pretty frustrating when it happens. However, it's also pretty frustrating to see him copping it when he's actually one of the most in-form players at the club and you've got some others out there who get an absolute armchair ride no matter what sort of footy they're playing.

I don't think we're all that dissimilar when it comes to defending the blokes we like. You like that Castagna is hard, I like that BEllis is one of the hardest runners in the comp and has always played good footy on the wing (like I have been saying for the last 12 months).

One has a ton of ability and the other has severe limitations but makes up for it with work rate, leg speed and seriously good aerial ability for a small bloke.

End of the day they are both premiership players and I reckon we could ease up on the abuse all around the place TBH.
George is an easy target for most on here because he misses shots at goal. They forget about all the other things he does really well. Chasing, tackling, bringing others into the game, competing in air as well as on the ground. He has been asked to play as a medium forward in our forwardline as well as do all the things Rioli and Butler do as small forwards.

You say some guys get an armchair ride which I agree with but obviously when I say it you think I’m deflecting and trying to take the pressure off George??
Ive question Rioli’s output a couple of times and it’s like it’s an unwritten rule that it should never be done.
The simple facts are these small guys play a really hard position, some say the hardest, an they are going to go through periods of not getting many kicks or goals but Rioli and George nearly always get tackles and still keep involved.
But ones named Rioli and the other was an elevated rookie.

I would like to know who you think i pot?
The only players I really don’t rate are Bellis, and Houli and Grigg. And with Houli it’s more I don’t rate him as a defender, and Grigg I think is just a bit one paced and not suited in today’s footy.

I cannot think of another player I have potted in the last 3 years.
As I said before, I have question players like Rioli when I think he has struggled and not had the same scrutiny as others, but I generally like what he does.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1829 on: May 02, 2019, 11:52:28 PM »
Id trade them both
Glad we don’t listen to you!
Aren’t you the guy that started a post about giving up this year?

Was that you or am I getting confused?