Author Topic: 2 0 1 8 F I N A L S E R I E S  (Read 9723 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: 2 0 1 8 F I N A L S E R I E S
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2018, 11:52:30 PM »
McGovern is such a gun

I know people over here in the West who reckon the Eagles paid well overs for him.

Well if they did, he is worth every cent of it. His compsure and contested work was first class today. Like Rance last year, stood tall when the game was on the line.
Such a gun player that just reads the ball so well. He’s so good despite having a fat gut and no definition in his arms. Imagine if he actually trained hard and was built like a Rance.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »
Some dopey Collingwood supporter has started a petition protesting about the umpiring in the Grand Final and they want the result reversed  :lol.

https://www.change.org/p/australian-football-league-afl-to-review-the-umpiring-that-cost-collingwood-the-premiership-and-to-reverse-the-result

“This petition is being brought to your attention in regard to serious concerns by the football public, especially supporters of the Collingwood Football Club who believe that certain umpiring decisions in the 2018 AFL Grand Final were either wrongly awarded, were missed entirely and eventually were what cost the Collingwood Football Club the premiership.

Three examples of this, which are clearly visible on the Channel 7 footage are as follows:

1) the video replay judgement of the goal given to West Coast in the first qtr clearly showed that the ball was touched as it crossed the line, not by the boot of the WCE player but came off another part of his body and was clearly a behind. The resultant score should then have read 1.3 instead of 2.2.

2) the video replay of a Collingwood behind at the same end in the last qtr clearly showed that no WCE player had deflected the flight of the ball, the the result should have been declared as a Collingwood goal. The resultant score would then be 12.7 instead of 11.8.

3) the illegal blocking shepherd on Brayden Maynard with 2 minutes to play should have been paid as a free kick to Maynard as it was considered an act of interference which allowed the West Coast player to goal. The decision should have then allowed Maynard possession to clear the ball and in so doing the goal to West Coast would not have eventuated, giving them a final score of 11.8 for the game.

There were numerous other decisions which affected the game including the whack to the ribs by Ryan of WCE on Maynard which was missed by the umpire standing 3 metres from the incident. Maynard should have received a free kick with a subsequent report for striking being given to Ryan.

We as Collingwood supporters, as well as most of the general public feel that a grand final should be allowed to be won on merit, and not be awarded as the result of poor umpiring and biases toward clubs and particular players held by the governing body. We DEMAND that the decisions made on Saturday the 29th Sept be overhauled and reviewed in their entirety, and that either the result reversed, or the game declared a no-result and replayed in its entirety at a future date. Failure to act on on this will effect in a vote of no confidence in the AFL administration, the umpiring panel, and the competition in general.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2018, 06:53:51 AM »
Some dopey Collingwood supporter has started a petition protesting about the umpiring in the Grand Final and they want the result reversed  :lol.

https://www.change.org/p/australian-football-league-afl-to-review-the-umpiring-that-cost-collingwood-the-premiership-and-to-reverse-the-result

“This petition is being brought to your attention in regard to serious concerns by the football public, especially supporters of the Collingwood Football Club who believe that certain umpiring decisions in the 2018 AFL Grand Final were either wrongly awarded, were missed entirely and eventually were what cost the Collingwood Football Club the premiership.

Three examples of this, which are clearly visible on the Channel 7 footage are as follows:

1) the video replay judgement of the goal given to West Coast in the first qtr clearly showed that the ball was touched as it crossed the line, not by the boot of the WCE player but came off another part of his body and was clearly a behind. The resultant score should then have read 1.3 instead of 2.2.

2) the video replay of a Collingwood behind at the same end in the last qtr clearly showed that no WCE player had deflected the flight of the ball, the the result should have been declared as a Collingwood goal. The resultant score would then be 12.7 instead of 11.8.

3) the illegal blocking shepherd on Brayden Maynard with 2 minutes to play should have been paid as a free kick to Maynard as it was considered an act of interference which allowed the West Coast player to goal. The decision should have then allowed Maynard possession to clear the ball and in so doing the goal to West Coast would not have eventuated, giving them a final score of 11.8 for the game.

There were numerous other decisions which affected the game including the whack to the ribs by Ryan of WCE on Maynard which was missed by the umpire standing 3 metres from the incident. Maynard should have received a free kick with a subsequent report for striking being given to Ryan.

We as Collingwood supporters, as well as most of the general public feel that a grand final should be allowed to be won on merit, and not be awarded as the result of poor umpiring and biases toward clubs and particular players held by the governing body. We DEMAND that the decisions made on Saturday the 29th Sept be overhauled and reviewed in their entirety, and that either the result reversed, or the game declared a no-result and replayed in its entirety at a future date. Failure to act on on this will effect in a vote of no confidence in the AFL administration, the umpiring panel, and the competition in general.”

Needs to add:

Jeremy Howe being tackled in the Eagle's goalsquare in the final minutes, prior opportunity without doubt but umpire called for a ball up. Incorrect decision should have been "BALL".

Should be included
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 07:26:18 AM »
ROFL
and the one when Cox wrapped his mitt round some WC players throat and threw him on deck in front of WC goals...and then Collingwood gets a free kick...wtf....
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
It’s hilarious isn’t it? I had a client private message me asking for my support at this injustice.

He went on to say I can accept  it if we lost fairly and squarely. Nfi look at the whole year stooges and look at your runners antics while your at it
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:36:02 AM by Francois Hackson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2018, 10:47:37 AM »
Wow, just wow!  This takes 'papering over the cracks' to a whole new level!     :lol
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2018, 12:40:01 PM »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »
 :snidegrin

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »
MT i think we need one of the computer guros on OER to edit that pick and add the ladder showing the free kick differential ladder for 2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2018, 02:50:55 PM »
Quote from: Colliflog on Twitter
A free kick is s Free kick isn’t ?? The game doesn’t end at quarter time does it.

It apparently did for Collingwood.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2018, 03:24:43 PM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »
Dunno it was posted on BF - I'd say itls either from twitter or the comments section of the petition at change.org....probably the former as you have to sign the petition to make a commemt and don't think Buckley would do that.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »
What a time to be alive
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2018, 03:46:00 AM »
Will history repeat for a second year running?

1979: Collingwood kicks the first 5 goals of the Grand Final before choking and losing by 5 points.
1980: Richmond flogs Collingwood in the Grand Final by a record margin.

2018: Collingwood kicks the first 5 goals of the Grand Final before choking and losing by 5 points.
2019: Richmond flogs Collingwood in the Grand Final by a record margin(?)

We can only hope  ;D  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd